English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. Blitz Basic

Old 26 December 2021, 08:52   #1
Anakirob
Unregistered User

Playing audio from fastmem

I seem to recall a command library which allowed the playback of samples from fastmem. But I can't for the life of me find it in the documentation. And maybe I even recall routines for streaming large samples from disk. But this could all be just wishful thinking on my part.

Can anyone help me with the commands to play back large samples from fastmem and their usage please?

And how would the samples be loaded? I don't imagine using the sample object type as this would of course store the data in chipram.

Also, is it possible to playback OctaMED modules from fastmem in Blitz2? It's possible to use fastmem in Soundstudio. But OctaMED Player and Hippoplayer, etc. seem to load the file into chip.
Old 26 December 2021, 10:08   #2
Thomas Richter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakirob View Post
I seem to recall a command library which allowed the playback of samples from fastmem.
Multiview, with the help of the sound.datatype. Or using the sound.datatype directly. Of course, it cannot do magic, but it allocates a chip mem side buffer into which fractions of the sample to be played are copied as soon as needed.
Old 27 December 2021, 09:47   #3
chip

Just as info, EaglePlayer has an option to play modules from Fast Ram