English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. System

Old 21 January 2024, 22:54   #1
mr.spiv

Demotools for native development ;)

I've been putting up an environment for native "demo" (or whatever) development. I use my A3000 as the main machine and another A600 as the test machine etc. For that purpose I have come up with an "over the network" testing setup. Sources for the beta release are available in github if someone is interested. This is very much inspired by Bifat's stuff and the way it is implemented by SDI's plugin approach. I keep finding bugs & oversights in the socket code all the time so bare with me.

The client side should compile for other Posix systems as well. I did some testing with Mac OS. You might need to tweak the makefile, though. But as said, I use mainly Amiga for Amiga coding

Another recently developed tool is the Searcher, which is a tribute to the old Terminator's Graphic Searcher (by hitchhikr). This one is an ugly blob of C-code and somewhat system friendly'ish. It is located in the same repository. Testing so far has been minimalistic.. and I keep finding bugs all the time

Anyway, I'll give the code base a rest now for a moment and revisit it when I find time slots for it.
Old 24 January 2024, 23:11   #2
mr.spiv

Some (and likely the last) updates.. the basic functionality of the Searcher is now about done. The latest addition is a simple palette searcher, which looks for correct looking copperlists with palette settings. Also, one possibly interesting feature in this Searcher is the ability to search and save dual playfield pictures.

I also committed my old demo startup code. There are ton of similar around.. but as a semi-unique feature it has a tracing macro that outputs to serial port. You can also use formatted strings (RawDoFmt). Serial port speeds up to 230400 should work.