English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 17 October 2007, 20:03   #1
midgard

Lots of WHDLoad games not working with WinUAE

Is this normal? I'm using the latest versions of GameBase Amiga, WinUAE, and WHDLoad yet many of KillerGorilla's game packs don't work, like RoboCop 2. Two most common symptoms are a black screen that hangs after the WHDLoad run screen comes up, or the WHDLOad screen will go into an endless loop and never load the game. Tried different configurations & cpu combos under WinUAE, different kickstarts, and still no joy.

Is there a master list of currently fully working WHDLoad games under WinUAE? Thanks for all your hard work guys, but it is frustrating to load a popular Amiga game like Rise Of The Dragon and it doesn't run.

M.

Old 17 October 2007, 21:13   #2
Graham Humphrey

Certainly most games should work fine. You're not using a (ahem) pirated keyfile, are you? Not that I'm accusing you of anything untoward of course
Old 18 October 2007, 05:12   #3
midgard

Yes, I was using a version of GameBase Amiga that I downloaded off of of P2P that apparently had a pirated key in it. I found the the keyfile and deleted it, and now everything works perfectly. Thanks for your help.

M.

Old 18 October 2007, 06:05   #4
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgard View Post
Is there a master list of currently fully working WHDLoad games under WinUAE? Thanks for all your hard work guys, but it is frustrating to load a popular Amiga game like Rise Of The Dragon and it doesn't run.
I know the problem is already resolved, but to clarify, the games linked in GameBase Amiga are actually tested. So if they're not working (and especially if many aren't working), something is generally wrong (that is not to say that it doesn't occasionally happen that someone comes across an overseen problem somewhere in the game, but even that should be fairly rare).
Old 18 October 2007, 06:13   #5
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgard View Post
Yes, I was using a version of GameBase Amiga that I downloaded off of of P2P that apparently had a pirated key in it. I found the the keyfile and deleted it, and now everything works perfectly. Thanks for your help.
Hmm, could you tell me where exactly you got it and what the name of the archive file / main directory (if it was BT for example) was?

I personally own a legal WHDLoad key and we don't spread any packages with pirated keys ourselves, nor endorse the practice.
Old 18 October 2007, 17:10   #6
midgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLowar View Post
Hmm, could you tell me where exactly you got it and what the name of the archive file / main directory (if it was BT for example) was?

I personally own a legal WHDLoad key and we don't spread any packages with pirated keys ourselves, nor endorse the practice.
Either Limewire, eMule/eDonkey, or a torrent. I use them all, and can't remember specifically which one. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

M.

Old 18 October 2007, 17:34   #7
laser
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
Certainly most games should work fine. You're not using a (ahem) pirated keyfile, are you? Not that I'm accusing you of anything untoward of course

ahem

whload have a strong anticrack feature and there are tons of blacklisted keys

if you try to crack new whdload versions with an old pirated keyfile you will get lot of headdaches
sometimes games works..sometimes not..sometimes blackscreens...sometimes the computer resets

Wepl is a genius
Old 09 January 2008, 10:30   #8
cybermat
GoalScoringSuperstarHero

That's what happened to me. (noob guy)

I downloaded some archives from forums and p2p, i placed the games i had and some games will reset their selves. Due to banned key (Registered to Martin something..)

3 days after, i registered a legal key But i didn't know before of all these projects, really. Then little by little i found the relative official link of the variour projects. Very interesting all that!

Nice Job