English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 01 September 2009, 13:50   #1
Pheonix

Copy Programs

Ok, after a rather looooong search process, I've compiled a list of Amiga copy programs. I find it hard to believe that it is complete, and yet I only have a small percentage of them. I've marked the ones I have, along with the version(s) I have of them (marked by **.) Also, many seem to have hardware (dongle ir special enterface of some sort,) options. I have no idea if they are an "option" or "required" by most of them. The suspected/known hardware enable copiers are marked with (HW). Any help in tracking these down, and/or the different version numbers or details of each would be appreciated. Also, copiers that I "suspect" may actually be different revisions of the same program are put together, seperated by /'s.

One I've come across (Lockpick v2,) also has a readme file on the disk that states that it is open source, and to refer to the "source" files, along with instructions on building parameter lists (info on actually building parameters included with source,) included in the archive. However, all I've found is a "prepared" disk that has the source file, instructions, and such removed. I'm looking for the original archive if anyone knows about it. Thank you

The List:

ACopy/A-Copier
AllCopy System v1 & 2 (HW) *v2*
Amiga Copy
Apex (HW)
Blit-A-Copy 2.0
Blitzcopy (HW)
BurstNibbler
Champion Diskcopier
Cool Copier *v1.0*
Copy-C *v1.1*
CVParameter
D-Copy *v3.1*
Disco-scopie
Disk Avenger
FastCopier
Fast Lightning
Fast'Em
Fat Tracks
Flash Copy *v0.9(alpha)*
Hercules Copy
Lockpick *v1 & 2*
Mac II (HW)
Marauder][ *v1.1 Brain 8 - Problem*
Maverick *v1, 2, 3, 4, & 5* (v2+ HW)
Mirror Copier
Mirror Hacker Package
MT-Copy (HW) *v1.01*
Nib *v2.0*
Nibbler
P-Copy
Parameter Copier
PowerCopier/PowerCopy/PowerCopy Pro (HW) *Pro v1.05*
Project-D *v1.1 - 2.2 Parameter Files 0389 - 1290*
Quick Copier
QuickNibble *v1.152*
RattleCopy/RattleCopy Pro *v?.?? (Pac-Man), Pro v4.0 Brain 6*
RawCopy *v1.3g & 1.3n*
Reaper v1.0, 1.1, & 2.0 *v1.0*
Safe II
Sanity-Copy *v?.?*
Siegfried Copy (HW) *v1.1 & v1.5*
Super-Card Ami (HW)
Superduper
Superkit *v1.0*
SuperHack *v1.0*
Syncro Express 1, 2, 3, 4, & maybe 5 (HW) *v3*
Tetra Copier/Tetra-Copy
Turbo Backup
Unicopy *v1.0*
White Lightning
XCopy/XCopy Pro/Cyclone(HW) *MANY MANY Versions*
ZCopier
* I haven't been able to check a couple of the versions I have yet, will update that later*

Thank you

p.s. Let me know if you need any of mine for your own collection.

Last edited by prowler; 15 August 2013 at 19:49. Reason: Added Blit-A-Copy 2.0 to list.
Old 01 September 2009, 14:13   #2
Retro1234
Phone Homer

I'd be intrested in any Parameter copier similar to LockPick
This Link suggests theres a cracked version of PowerCopy 3.04 but ive never found it
http://bitworld.bitfellas.org/demo.php?id=20602
Old 01 September 2009, 14:14   #3
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

I have one to add to your list

Reaper :

I can't remember where I found it and tbh I never used it, but it's not in your list
Old 01 September 2009, 14:15   #4
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e

Looks way cool!
Old 01 September 2009, 14:27   #5
pmc
gone

I notice you have AllCopy System listed

I have a copy of AllCopy System 2 in case that's any different / you want it...?

I'm pretty certain I had the original back in the day along with the hardware. Sadly, I now only have a backup copy of the software that I must've made but no hardware.

PS - I also have, from way back, a couple of copier compilation disks. From memory I think they're called Bamiga Sector One Copy Disk 10 and maybe System Z Copy Disk (something like that anyway...)

As far as I can recall these disks contain several of those in your list that you've marked as being ones you don't have...
Old 01 September 2009, 16:15   #6
zipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Syncro Express III (HW) *???* {is there a SE I or SE II??}
I'd say: SE, SE II, SE III, SE 4 at least (have III and 4), probably 5, too; think I saw some ads about it just before Datel ditched Amiga.
Old 02 September 2009, 04:18   #7
Pheonix

BooBoo:
I put together the Lockpick style parameter copiers I have and put them on The Zone. By lockpick style, I'm talking about parameters that have their own specialized code. I have several that have parameters (NIB v2.0,) but all they are are game specific settings files. All you really need to know the settings, and any good nibbler that can be set to the same specifics will work. Or using the same copier, but manually setting the parameters will work as well. I didn't include those.

PMC:
I'm interested in archiving every last copier. I prefer as close to original as possable. Compilations are ok for research purposes, and I won't turn them down But I'm mainly interested in just the single copiers. For example, I have a compilation that includes Marauder][ v1.2 Brainfile 9, but I don't consider actually having that, since it is on a compilation.
Old 02 September 2009, 05:58   #8
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
i own marauder II with brainfile 10 in original.
Old 02 September 2009, 10:10   #9
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Quote:
BooBoo:
I put together the Lockpick style parameter copiers I have and put them on The Zone. By lockpick style, I'm talking about parameters that have their own specialized code. I have several that have parameters (NIB v2.0,) but all they are are game specific settings files. All you really need to know the settings, and any good nibbler that can be set to the same specifics will work. Or using the same copier, but manually setting the parameters will work as well. I didn't include those.
Thanks thats great - Please could you upload the Mac II software, I havent seen this for years
In your other thread you mention a list - I dont know this list but would be intrested, have you seen the Amiga Patch List.
http://www2.hu-berlin.de/angl/people/pdd/amipatch.html
Old 02 September 2009, 11:32   #10
Pheonix

BooBoo:
I'm afraid I don't have the Mac II software yet I'll keep looking, and if someone else hasn't already put it up, I'll put it up and let you know if I find it.

Yep, seen the Amiga Patch list. Found it very interesting. Got it set up with my copiers now - sort of consider it a manual parameter copier
Old 02 September 2009, 12:58   #11
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Quote:
BooBoo:
I'm afraid I don't have the Mac II software yet I'll keep looking, and if someone else hasn't already put it up, I'll put it up and let you know if I find it.
Yeah I use to have Mac II and there was Also a hardware copier called Apex - Ive also looked for these.
Theres an extended ADFs of PowerCopy 3.07a and 3.04a floating about if you want them.
Do you have a list of paremters for Nibblers?
Thanks for those copiers you uploaded
Old 02 September 2009, 13:57   #12
pmc
gone

@ Pheonix - OK, if I get time I'll try to make .adf files from the copier compilation disks and the Allcopy System 2 disk I have.
Old 02 September 2009, 14:27   #13
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Hi what about unicopy?
In the zone...
Old 02 September 2009, 16:41   #14
Pheonix

Apex & Unicopy added to the list. Thanks guys (gals?) Also thanks for putting Unicopy up for my collection DDNI

As for the ones planned to be uploaded... When you have the time, my thanks I know I may not actually be able to use some of them, I cannot use anything that is HW based only, for example, as I don't have the hardware. Still want them to complete my collection.... Ok, I'm a helpless collector. I have to walk sideways just to get from my computer to the door of my room, for example

As for the list of nibble parameters, don't really have anything specific. There are a few included with my Powercopy Pro v1.05. I'm afraid I don't have anything like a list any more. Another post I placed mentions a list I used to have, but cannot find any more. It wasn't just a nibble parameter list, though. Some games you just couldn't nibble even with specific settings, those needed either hacking parameters, or special copiers (Maverick's Lemmings copier for example.) The list I used to have, and am looking for again, would tell you wich copiers (Maverick, Lockpick, etc...) had those special hacks/copiers.

As a note, in my previous message I gave NIB v2.0 as an example of having parameters that were just nibble settings. I was mistaken, I was thinking of Powercopy Pro. Because of this, NIB 2.0 wasn't in the zip file I uploaded. I am uploading NIB seperately to correct that oversite. Sorry guys
Old 02 September 2009, 16:44   #15
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

I'll upload Reaper in a sec.
Old 02 September 2009, 17:50   #16
thor

Sanity-Copy
Copy-C
Old 02 September 2009, 20:32   #17
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Does anybody here remember the name for a copy program with a yellow background ?
When disk copy was finished I remember a distinct (very) loud "dood dood" sound.
It's the very first copier I ever used before I switched to X-Copy.
Old 03 September 2009, 09:02   #18
pmc
gone

@ Pheonix - OK, attached is a .zip file which contains:

AllCopy System 2 - .adf copy of the original program disk

Bamiga Sector One Copy Disk 10 - .adf compilation disk with loads of copiers

System Z Copy Disk - .adf compilation disk with loads of copiers

Amiga Yorkshire Mega Disk 7 - .adf compilation disk with loads of copiers

Where I got those copy disks from when I was a kid? - who knows! Anyways - enjoy.

Last edited by pmc; 20 November 2009 at 23:07.
Old 03 September 2009, 16:13   #19
Pheonix

Thanks TheCyberDruid, Thor, and PMC I'm updating my list with the new ones as well.

Retroreplay:
Would you be refering to Marauder][? I think that may be the one you are asking about. I used it alot too back in the day (until X-Copy.) Do you remember how the copier you are asking about started up? Marauder][ had an oriental sounding pipe music startup.

Last edited by Pheonix; 03 September 2009 at 16:19. Reason: oops, couple of typos I missed
Old 03 September 2009, 20:16   #20
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

There was no music at all.
Also there was no X-Copy style grid (Upper/Lower side), instead it used numbers only.
IIRC it might have been on a compilation disk, but don't quote me on that.

Last edited by Retroplay; 29 April 2020 at 18:30. Reason: stupid typo