English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Home Projects > project.EAB

Old 24 June 2021, 23:59   #1
Foebane
Banned

Can I change my username and have an avatar?

I'm looking to change my username from "Foebane" to "AMJF".

I would also like to implement an avatar, but I can't see where to do so, nor do I know what the requirements for it are.

Help?
Old 25 June 2021, 00:15   #2
roondar

I can't help you with the username obviously, but you should be able to set an avatar by selecting "User CP" in the top menu bar and then select "avatar" in the control panel (under settings & options).
Old 25 June 2021, 00:53   #3
Foebane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roondar View Post
I can't help you with the username obviously, but you should be able to set an avatar by selecting "User CP" in the top menu bar and then select "avatar" in the control panel (under settings & options).
Done.
Old 25 June 2021, 10:31   #4
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Well I was not suggesting to create a new thread... the old one could have been moved by a mod.

I believe only RCK can rename your account, by the way. Imagine if people could do that willy nilly how that could be abused. It only takes a little anger and a childish brain for someone to change their username to say "<username>_sucks".
Old 25 June 2021, 13:01   #5
Foebane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Well I was not suggesting to create a new thread... the old one could have been moved by a mod.

I believe only RCK can rename your account, by the way. Imagine if people could do that willy nilly how that could be abused. It only takes a little anger and a childish brain for someone to change their username to say "<username>_sucks".
I've changed my mind about changing my name, as I realised the hundreds of times I'm mentioned in all the posts made about me would not change, and it would be confusing.

It's just that yesterday I went on a bit of a "Foebane purge", changing my name from my old gamer handle to my real name (or initials) in as many websites as I could, namely Facebook and Google. I can't get rid of it entirely, nor would I want to, and since the Amiga is a gamer's paradise (just not for me, really) I tried to change it here, too. My new avatar was another change I made.

Sorry about making a new thread here in the right place - can't the old one be deleted, or merged here, by an admin? It sticks out like a sore thumb there.
Old 25 June 2021, 13:48   #6
chip

I strongly suggest don't change your name

I did it in the past more than once and i regret this decision
Old 25 June 2021, 16:43   #7
fxgogo
Also known as GarethQ

That actually reminds me, my profile is really empty, I must go fill it up. And I have not avatar. Not good.