English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 11 January 2024, 15:32   #821
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Thanks eveyone for all your words of support
Your kinds words have helped get me through some of the hardest and darkest days of my life.

I absolutely adore Amiga and I love making games for it. Magnus is just the best partner in this, he makes magic. I can't wait to see what we create once we're done with Scourge, we have a couple of ideas for smaller games haha, but then again, after Scourge pretty much anything we tackle will be small by comparison!

Thanks again for the support.
Old 11 January 2024, 20:10   #822
kriz

Epic project, so glad to see it still getting worked on.. Take care and big respect for your work guys ..
Old 13 January 2024, 17:48   #823
AmigaBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNow View Post
I have since lost my father, my wif, my home and my job all within the space of months mid-development and that took its toll on me. My health has suffered (I am still traumatised by the event that left me needing resuscitation after I nearly bled to death from a torn oesophagus and still frequently have nightmares). I have lost friends due to covid and one of my friends committed suicide not too long ago which has been nearly impossible to comprehend, so I cannot stress to you all how much I love reading your messages, especially at incredibly low points in my life. Your words have helped.
Holy crap! I knew you that your are having difficult times Wayne, but that is next level. I am so sorry and glad that you are navigating your way through. That takes an incredible amount of strength. You are a very strong guy The game looks incredible and my wish for you is that the experience of making the game can bring you some joy and take your mind off the stressful life situations. That is what Amiga should be all about. Sadly, I know it has added to your stress, but please know that there are so many of us who appreciate your (and Magnus') work and most importantly care about you as a person and your well being. Take your time, try to enjoy the process, and if there is any way I can help don't hesitate to reach out. All the struggles will make the final release that more satisficing. Love you man!
Old 14 January 2024, 19:25   #824
tarr

You are a hero, that's all <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNow View Post

Happy New Year everyone!

Wow, it's been a busy time here. I have been doing a lot of prep work on the packaging ready for when the game is released pysically, and I am over the moon with the results (updates to come). The manual looks great now too
All of this work is the hidden work that people who have never made a game just don't understand about and cannot begin to understand the amount of work involved unless they themselves have done it.

I have to say, I had no idea this game would become so big (or so popular!) so thank you again for all of those people who have continued to support us through these long (and traumatic) years of development. Your kind words during times of enormous grief and stress will always be remembered. We are making a 'Hall Of Legends' as an easter egg to be found somewhere in the game, we will pay suitable tribute to those that have been with us from the start (looking at YOU Amiga Bill!!).

Not to get too heavy, but when I started making this game with Magnus little did I know how much my life would change. I have since lost my father, my wif, my home and my job all within the space of months mid-development and that took its toll on me. My health has suffered (I am still traumatised by the event that left me needing resuscitation after I nearly bled to death from a torn oesophagus and still frequently have nightmares). I have lost friends due to covid and one of my friends committed suicide not too long ago which has been nearly impossible to comprehend, so I cannot stress to you all how much I love reading your messages, especially at incredibly low points in my life. Your words have helped.

We're nearly finished with the game, it's not what anyone wants to hear (I know people have waited a LONG time for this) but I really do need to feel 100% happy with the graphics and content before I let it go. I can't give a specific date for release, I wished I could but please bear with us.

To any budding game devs out there wishing to make and release a game for Amiga, please please please take just this one nugget of advice from someone who knows:
DO NOT announce your game until it's nearly finished!!

All the best for 2024 folks!

This is what the Hall Of Legends will look like:

I have also redesigned the Underworld level entirely, changing it completely from it once was to a whole new look and feel. It's not been easy and has so far taken the most time to complete but it's looking good now and I am starting to feel proud of it.

And this is how Underworld used to look.

Old 15 January 2024, 02:21   #825
MAN-biker

Send a message via ICQ to MAN-biker
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarr View Post
You are a hero, that's all <3
Why we need in your message a quote with all those images and etc.?
Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ulA55a551n View Post
And the same question for you...