English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 31 July 2008, 19:31   #1
arkanoid

FS: Amiga Guru Book and Blizzard 030/16mb/FPU *CANCELED*

*******CANCELED AUCTION********

Hi all,

As per my last sale announcement on Amiga.org (HERE) I am continuing to sell much of my Amiga gear in preparation for my move abroad later this year.

I make no bones about my intense dislike of eBay/PayPal and their combined practices. So, instead of moaning without action, I have decided to put the effort into selling a couple of my remaining items outside of their iron grip. ;-) This is a test to see how things go, if it works smoothly, everything I have left will go this way.

Anyone who's traded with me in the past will know that I'm an extremely trustworthy seller, I ship FAST, package well and *ENSURE* my items work 100%. To get a rough idea of my trading morals, have a quick look at my eBay feedback: HERE. Any questions, queries or doubts...I'm more than happy to help!

How this self-styled "eBay-free" auction will work:

1. both these items will be available to "bid" on until Monday 4th August 2008 10:00pm GMT

2. To place your bid, simply send me an email (before the auction end date) indicating which item you are interested in and your best price.

3. Naturally, the highest bid offer wins. I will officially close this thread by posting an "auction ended" note and email the "winner" within 15 minutes of the auction ending.

4. Shipment will be Next Day Special Delivery for UK residents (insured up to £500 + tracked). Airsure (insured up to £500 + tracked) will be used for overseas buyers. I will add the cost of shipment to your bid-offer and inform you of the final price you need to pay.

5. You will be expected to pay before the item is shipped. We will exchange payment account details via email.

6. If the winning bidder fails to pay for the item, I will contact the NEXT highest bidder, giving them opportunity to buy the item at their personal bid price.

7. Once the transaction is complete and you receive your item and are happy with it, please leave a quick comment on your experience trading with me so that I can refer to it in future "non-eBay" sales.

Payment Methods:-

I can accept the following payment methods

1. MoneyBookers. Those with a MB account will know just how reasonable their charges are and how well the service works. I will pay ALL fees via this method, you just pay the bid price + P&P.

2. Cheque

3. Postal Order (please send this by recorded delivery!)

4. Although I do not have a GoogleCheckout account atm, if you would like to pay with this method than I will open an account. I keep meaning to open one anyway.

I will NOT be accepting any PayPal payments for these items, as it defeats the purpose of this entire auction.

AND FINALLY: I have done my best to be as clear and as "professional" as possible with this advert. So if it doesn't sell here I will be forced to use the grousome twosome (eBay/PayPal) but at least I can sleep better at night, knowing that I at least gave it a shot! ;-)

At last, description and photos of the items themselves!!

AUCTION 1: The Amiga Guru Book by Ralph Babel **SOLD**

SCROLL DOWN FOR PHOTOGRAPHS.

This book needs absolutely no introduction. If you know about this book, then you know exactly what it is and just how RARE and difficult it is to find! And, yes, it really does deserve it legendary reputation.

I was lucky enough to stumble across this on Amazon's book store about 3 years ago. I paid $110 dollars. But that's not your problem, so bid what you think it's worth to you! ;-)

As can be seen from the photos, this book is in fantastic condition with a strong spine, no yellowing, torn or missing pages.

This is the English language version.

AUCTION 2: Blizzard 030 MK IV Accelerator/16mb/FPU

SCROLL DOWN FOR PHOTOGRAPHS.

My second auction is for a Blizzard 030. It has 16MB on board and also includes the pretty uncommon floating point co-processor (FPU).

It's in good condition and _perfect_ working order! There are no signs of oxidation of tracks, battery leakage, etc.

HERE is the same item being sold on eBay, but without the rare FPU and only half the memory.

It is unboxed, but, of course, will be securely packaged with antistatic wrapping!

Last edited by arkanoid; 04 August 2008 at 05:50.
Old 31 July 2008, 20:04   #2
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@Arkanoid

Rather than spend all this time trying to auction the item, why no just state a price and stick it on www.AmiBay.com

you could always put ONO and see what happens after week m8... its a lot less stress, its free, you can upload pics of the items and you have a direct target of over 450 Amibayers that could be interested in these items.

030 cards sell quickly on Amibay especially Blizzy Mk4's with FPU's

either way.... good luck with your sale.
Old 31 July 2008, 20:21   #3
arkanoid

Zetr0: You know what, you could have a point there. I've tried to be as clear cut as possible with the "rules" of this sale to save confusion but it may not be as clear as I hoped (judging by mails I'm receiving) Pitty.

I may well just set a price and bung it on AmiBay as the idea of just giving me a price they'd like to pay seems to be clouding the water. Thanks for lending a voice of reason here matey!!
Old 31 July 2008, 20:34   #4
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e

*** crown chants *** "Zetr0 for mod! Zetr0 for mod!"
Old 31 July 2008, 21:19   #5
arkanoid

lol, I agree. Anyway, having thought about this I have to agree with Zetr0. It may well be less confusing for people if I just bunged it on AmiBay with a set ONO price. I probably bung 'em on their within the next couple of days.

MODS: please feel free to delete this thread as I have decided not to sell it this way. Thanks!
Old 31 July 2008, 21:22   #6
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi5150 View Post
*** crown chants *** "Zetr0 for mod! Zetr0 for mod!"
Most definetely
Old 31 July 2008, 21:29   #7
gklinger
Vegetable Lasagna

This has been one big tease!
Old 31 July 2008, 21:41   #8
arkanoid

gklinger: hehe, no honestly it was 100%! I have been selling lots in private and public recently. not just amiga stuff. I had NO idea I had so much stuff all over - quite scary really.

I just wanted to try a different "selling format" with these two items, see how it went. sadly I failed big-time I guess I can see now why everyone is forced to sell bid items on evilBay - urgh.
Old 31 July 2008, 21:48   #9
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Well at least you got the info about AmiBay Could have been worse
Old 31 July 2008, 22:00   #10
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@Arkanoid

I look forward to seeing you on AmiBay

Its built by the community for the community

@all

Okay... but a mod of what?!?!?...... hmmmm? mod of thooper thabuliousness... hmmm no fred has that one covered.... AHA!!!

Mod of Retr0ness .... yeah... i could do that
Old 31 July 2008, 22:01   #11
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Don't be so shy Zetty
Uber-Mod of Hardware of course
Old 31 July 2008, 22:03   #12
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@TCD

I am touched my friend, I doubt I could ever wear that crown my friend, but i will settle for the crown bearer or better yet.... crown polisher... (hey.... not like that Ironclaw)
Old 01 August 2008, 02:44   #13
gklinger
Vegetable Lasagna

I'm just funning. No worries. Good luck with your sale (not that you'll need it with the great stuff you're selling).
Old 03 August 2008, 23:39   #14
arkanoid

ok, book sold. just to stop the emails i'm still getting for it.
Old 04 August 2008, 01:01   #15
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@arkanoid

you signed up to AmiBay yet?

if you have any problems let me know and i can help you out

AmiBay is close to breaking 450 members!!!! thats amazing....
Old 04 August 2008, 18:38   #16
arkanoid

the 030's now over at AmiBay! So go grab it... go go go!!! http://www.amibay.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=785

Last edited by arkanoid; 04 August 2008 at 20:17.
Old 04 August 2008, 19:28   #17
meega

You might want to edit away the session id from that link (&sid=....)
Old 04 August 2008, 20:18   #18
arkanoid

meega: thanks!