English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 15 April 2021, 12:44   #1
Lisko

Blizkick EXTRESBUF working only from internal kickstart

Hi folks, I have an A1200 with a Blizzard 1230 IV 32MB and OS 3.9 bb4 and I want to use blizkick to customize my ROM. I created a custom 512 KB rom with remus and I can successfully boot it with blizkick as is but if I want to customize it further using blizkick and EXTRESBUF I always get the error: "object is not of required type" even when EXTRESBUF is the only parameter used. EXTRESBUF works fine instead with * internal kickfile. I'm missing something or EXTRESBUF works only with the internal kickstart? The guide doesn't mention this limitation at all.
Thanks
Old 15 April 2021, 13:16   #2
DanyPPC

I use Blizkick with a 3.9 rom created with Remus by me and I use that line on Startup-Sequence without EXTRESBUF sintax:
http://eab.abime.net/attachment.php?...1&d=1618485270

But I don't know if the options which you are going to use on Blizkick line are just still be used on the kick file, so you could have that error.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Appunti01.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	71592  
Old 15 April 2021, 18:24   #3
thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisko View Post
I'm missing something or EXTRESBUF works only with the internal kickstart?
Please post your working and not working command lines.

The message indicates that you mixed up parameters so that either the word EXTRESBUF or the Kickstart file name is treated as a module and not as a parameter resp. a Kickstart image.
Old 16 April 2021, 20:11   #4
Lisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Please post your working and not working command lines.

The message indicates that you mixed up parameters so that either the word EXTRESBUF or the Kickstart file name is treated as a module and not as a parameter resp. a Kickstart image.
Blizkick devs:kickstarts/mykick.rom EXTRESBUF=256000 MODULE [all my modules...]

I get the error even when not using modules but only extresbuf and I don't get it without extresbuf and with modules and also I don't get it when using * as kick name with extresbuf and modules. Now that I'm thinking, I could try to put the kickstart path between quotes and see what happens...
Old 17 April 2021, 09:10   #5
thomas

Quotes won't help unless the file name contains space characters.

Please post your command lines entirely, the working one and the not working one. Use cut & paste to avoid correcting mistakes which are present in the original lines.

Also post a listing (output of the List command) of the devs:kickstarts directory as well as devs:modules or wherever your modules are stored.

Finally enter

type devs:kickstarts/mykick.rom hex

and press Ctrl-C immediately, then post the first 10 or 20 lines of the hex listing.

And make a screenshot of the error message. I guess there is more information. If the command line contains QUIET, remove that before testing.

Last edited by thomas; 17 April 2021 at 09:34.