English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 10 July 2018, 15:10   #61
wiz12

I've ordered one from Amigastore also and likewise they do not show any signs of shipping it yet, however I will stick with them since there's no guarantee Amigakit have that many units in stock.
Old 11 July 2018, 00:02   #62
lmimmfn

Im hoping, nay praying that my order for a black case works out on amikit, i missed the kickstarter by a few weeks and ive been trying to get a case ever since, fingers crossed, then just have to panic again for key caps lol
Old 11 July 2018, 11:30   #63
Cloudane

Amigastore one is now on its way
Old 12 July 2018, 15:04   #64
UncleSpam

I received my A1200 case from Amiga On The Lake two days ago.

The case is fine, but there is no A1200 badge (is there supposed to be one included?) and the floppy disk drive eject button is of a different design.

Is there is still a way to get a button that fits the drive?
Old 12 July 2018, 15:23   #65
demolition
Unregistered User

They only included one floppy eject button and but would make a few more types to cover other floppy drive models and ship those at a later time. I am still waiting for my extra eject buttons in the matching color, but last I heard they were still working on them and was not forgotten.

Regarding the badge, I think they supplied some basic stickers but with the extra eject buttons they would add a proper quality badge. I don't know how it works if you get it from a reseller and not through the original Kickstarter like I did.
Old 12 July 2018, 15:26   #66
UncleSpam

demolition,

Thanks for the answers. I have no problem waiting for the buttons and hopefully a badge.

The case works well and the metal inserts add a feeling of durability to the case... all good!
Old 12 July 2018, 15:43   #67
turrican9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
I've ordered one from Amigastore also and likewise they do not show any signs of shipping it yet, however I will stick with them since there's no guarantee Amigakit have that many units in stock.
this. I ordered mine from amigastore 07/5/2018 and it's still not shipped.

I've sent them an email a few days ago asking if there are any problems with my order. Payment is listed as accepted. No answer. I also sent an email regarding something else a few months back. no answer. Is everything okay with amigastore? They used to be alot faster with shipping and answering emails in the past. Maybe it's because of summer vacation and stuff?

Anyway, I think it's strange my A1200 case is not shipped when it was listed as in stock and ordered and payed 7 days ago. And no answer from them. Am a little bit worried.
Old 12 July 2018, 15:59   #68
EzdineG

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSpam View Post
I received my A1200 case from Amiga On The Lake two days ago.
Consider yourself lucky. I ordered mine in May and still haven’t received it. They don’t answer any of my emails and their site still lists my order as “awaiting fulfillment.” If they don’t up their conmunications in the next few days I will be contacting PayPal for a refund.
Old 12 July 2018, 16:37   #69
UncleSpam

I received mine with no warning. It just showed up, but someone else here mentioned the same thing.

I ordered mine back in May as well.
Old 12 July 2018, 19:08   #70
wiz12

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post

I've sent them an email a few days ago asking if there are any problems with my order. Payment is listed as accepted. No answer. I also sent an email regarding something else a few months back. no answer. Is everything okay with amigastore? They used to be alot faster with shipping and answering emails in the past. Maybe it's because of summer vacation and stuff?

Anyway, I think it's strange my A1200 case is not shipped when it was listed as in stock and ordered and payed 7 days ago. And no answer from them. Am a little bit worried.
I received a dispatch email from Amigastore yesterday showing a tracking code so my case is finally on it's way though it did take them a full week to dispatch it but I wouldn't worry about it. I'd say they are just busy and will send your case soon.

Likewise I've tried contacting them about this and other issues but received no response to any of my e-mails so I think that's one area they could definitely improve upon if they wish to retain customers.
Old 12 July 2018, 22:16   #71
turrican9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
I received a dispatch email from Amigastore yesterday showing a tracking code so my case is finally on it's way though it did take them a full week to dispatch it but I wouldn't worry about it. I'd say they are just busy and will send your case soon.

Likewise I've tried contacting them about this and other issues but received no response to any of my e-mails so I think that's one area they could definitely improve upon if they wish to retain customers.
Thank you for responding. This makes me worry less
Old 13 July 2018, 12:20   #72
Cloudane

They probably have a backlog. My Amigastore case turned up today, waiting to go home and check it out

Presumably those of us who bought this batch rather than the kickstarter are out of luck with the alternative eject buttons and I did notice the badge wasn't listed in the parts so have ordered one from an eBay account in Poland rather than transplanting the original.
Old 13 July 2018, 13:33   #73
xraynorm

Anyone going to use HxC screen cut out? Just wondering if there is an oled gotek screen that will line up with the screw holes for easy fitting.
Old 13 July 2018, 17:48   #74
Cloudane

Very nice case!
Not providing mounting for Indivision DVI a bit of an oversight.

It did come with a sticker, albeit just a basic label, not metallic or anything. But it’s in the style of the Escom Amiga badge, which I quite like, so stuck with it
Old 13 July 2018, 18:37   #75
UncleSpam

For the Indivision AGA MKIIcr DVI connector, I used the provided DVI expansion door and to hold the blue connector in place, I used Silicone RV caulk to attach the connector to the inside of the door.

I centered the connector as well as I could and let it cure for about a day.

On the new cases, that door closes well, from the outside in, with a nice snapping sound and if the DVI cable connection is not too tight/forceful this should last for a long time.

I then routed the cable to the Indivision connector (basically stretched to the max) and then mounted the floppy disk drive.

The Silicone RV caulk can be removed without any damage to any of the components if another option is found.
Old 13 July 2018, 22:29   #76
acidbottle

Received my case from amigastore (wish id known amiga kit was going to stock but hey). Thrilled to bits I was but ....

in the HxC cutout above the AMIGA logo, the finish is looking terrible. Its as if someone tried to sandpaper it badly, its messed up the texture completely. the usb cut outs, on the other hand, look near invisible.

anyone else had this? im not keen to return it either, would be costly with no guarantee of stock replacement anytime soon.

its awsome bar this! oh, it does have a case badge, though will be using a nice metallic one i nabbed off ebay instead.
Old 13 July 2018, 23:34   #77
Cloudane

I have a 3D printed DVI bracket (design downloaded from somewhere or other) so used that and found it held the whole DVI PCB in place without any movement. It's a bit flimsy and could use some reinforcement in the design (can bend and possibly pop out when unplugging, fine for plugging in) but blends in fine with the case with the white PLA I used.
The supplied bracket is nicer but for some daft reason has massive holes where the two threaded bolt things go so they can't attach to it Without anything that has to set or cure anyway.

From what I've seen the cutout above the Amiga logo is a common gripe! Noticeable in all cases I think. I'd try to ignore it, or maybe slap a sticker over. One youtube video suggested a bit of gaffa tape underneath could mitigate it, but there appears to be a bit of a seam type effect in the plastic regardless.

Don't get me wrong... couple of nitpicks... LOVING the case actually. So glad it has the brass inserts (bit of work threading other parts!)
Old 14 July 2018, 04:21   #78
EzdineG

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzdineG View Post
Consider yourself lucky. I ordered mine in May and still haven’t received it. They don’t answer any of my emails and their site still lists my order as “awaiting fulfillment.” If they don’t up their conmunications in the next few days I will be contacting PayPal for a refund.
Mine arrived today. I guess I need to learn a little more patience with these things, since it’s not a full time job for these guys.
Old 14 July 2018, 09:32   #79
betajaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post

I've sent them an email a few days ago asking if there are any problems with my order. Payment is listed as accepted.
Same here. But since others here are going through the same with Amigastore and getting theirs, I can breathe easier.
Old 14 July 2018, 13:19   #80
acidbottle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post

From what I've seen the cutout above the Amiga logo is a common gripe! Noticeable in all cases I think. I'd try to ignore it, or maybe slap a sticker over. One youtube video suggested a bit of gaffa tape underneath could mitigate it, but there appears to be a bit of a seam type effect in the plastic regardless.

Don't get me wrong... couple of nitpicks... LOVING the case actually. So glad it has the brass inserts (bit of work threading other parts!)
your absolutely right, it seems all cases have this issue which makes me feel better, insofar its not a faulty batch!

real shame but i guess it is difficult to see unless you put your face right up to it. going to wait for the keycaps before a full assemble .. may be a long wait