English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 17 June 2014, 12:10   #81
groundplayer

Some pics of my startup and WBsetup with latest amikit real !

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=8f27c...H7k3qxP9cqDa0Q

ThankYou Retrofan !
Old 17 June 2014, 14:47   #82
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundplayer View Post
Some pics of my startup and WBsetup with latest amikit real !

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=8f27c...H7k3qxP9cqDa0Q

ThankYou Retrofan !

Thanks to you. What graphic card are you using?
Edit: Ah, ok
Quote:
1200+mediator+68060+voodoo
In your place I would enable Birdie as you've got it disabled. Perhaps you followed my guide but you forgot to enable it later.
BTW I will update my RTG plugin soon.

Last edited by Retrofan; 17 June 2014 at 14:53.
Old 17 June 2014, 14:58   #83
groundplayer

Thanks I will enable birdie, it's disabled because i tested various AfA OS visual settings with Amikit. Love to see that RTG plugin !! I'am using 060+voodoo3+mediator. PS.Noticed If i use seperate publicscreen using magellan display settings than wbclone, mediator+voodoo is much more stable. Now i use 2color wb back and front magellan wbscreen 16bit 800x600 and it work great and fast !!

Last edited by groundplayer; 17 June 2014 at 16:09.
Old 08 December 2014, 01:25   #84
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

AmiKitReal 8 released.

We are happy to announce the release of the new full and update installers of AmiKitReal!

Free download available at: http://real.amiga.sk/

Now including new programs like Rainboot v3.2 so now you can boot with a progress bar and select among eight configurations plus a random one, a new MorpheuZ with different images, voices and options, the Renegades Deluxe game, Cooper-Demon, a new IconMaker program by James Stalham to create your own icons or ScreenText by Thomas Rapp to welcome you with some info on screen.

With this update we are introducing two programs that are under development. MUI 4 is installed by default but you can revert to the 3.8 version using MorpheuZ, and the new DOpus 5.91 can also be installed with the help of MorpheuZ.

Five more booting voices by DJNick that will play randomly when you boot, new wallpapers and patterns and many other improvements for example in the User Menu (Magellan) to directly edit the Startup-Sequence or User-Startup, updates like NetsurfAGA, changes on some preferences or a “Better Config” program on Tools that will let you use a “Top config” on WinUAE or powerful Amiga with just a click. Seven Icon-Scripts have been created to launch some radio streams with a double click or directly from a new dock on AmiDock.

The update installer will also update the Mattahan's Icons Set for those that are using it, and I am releasing also a 16 Colors Ken’s Icons pack that will use 32 colors for each one (16+16) instead of the 512 they normally use, and that will mean a huge boost on the icon’s speed.

Many thanks to Thomas Rapp for his great help with many options of the update, update of his ScreenText program or small scripts to run a lot of options, Dan Wood for sharing his Radio stream scripts, Andreas Falkenhahn for his Rainboot program and help, DJNick for his booting voices, Thilo Köhler for his help with ImageConverter, James Stalham for his new IconMaker program and Ken Lester for sharing his own scripts to create icons. Also thanks to Neil Kafferkey for the new Prism2V2, to M.C. Battilana and AmigaKit for sharing Personal Paint 7.1c. Thanks to Kycer/CSG for ksc_TotalReset and finally a great Thanks to Wayne Ashworth and Kevin Darbyshire for the update of the Renegades Deluxe game.

Have fun!

Some Screenshots:

Last edited by Retrofan; 09 December 2014 at 10:24.
Old 11 December 2014, 21:00   #85
groundplayer

Just installed AmiKit 8, running great with my BPPC with mediator. Can i install mediator drivers plus voodoo without changing anything first ? Thankyou Retorofan !! Amazing work !

Current setup pic http://1drv.ms/1vVSjMr
Old 11 December 2014, 21:58   #86
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks a lot, also for your photo. Can you hear well the radio stations with your specs?, do you like them?
I like a lot to run on WinUAE the "Better Config" script on Tools with just a click to have the config of your photo and to play any of those radiostations playing those nice radio streams and those great Amiga graphics on screen . With my real miggys and using ACA's I just have to use a MAS player.

No, using a graphic board is a bit difficult, and I want to thank you for asking first .
EDIT: Read the Support thread, here: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=348

Now I would have to make another RTG plug-in for this version but with the latest WinUAE updates I am a bit lost to create it (just to install a Picasso), so I will have to investigate more.

Edit: It works with RTG on WinUAE 3.0.0 and I haven't found any wrong fonts or images, I don't know why. It looks perfect by now using 24bits.

I don't know well how to make a working WinUAE config using PPC, but it works nicely just using an A4000, an 060 (you've previously used MorpheuZ to change the CPU libraries) and a Picasso IV zorro III.

I think it's amazing an OS that looks terrific from 16 colors to 16M -RTG- from the factory with few changes.

BTW, the Rainboot configs while booting work perfectly well using RTG too .

Last edited by Retrofan; 28 December 2014 at 00:44.
Old 13 December 2014, 09:22   #87
groundplayer

Radio stations working fine and must say cool tunes !! Will try setting up RTG with your instructions. Thankyou again for your wonderfull work for us classic Amiga users !
Old 14 December 2014, 19:56   #88
groundplayer

Just got the Voodoo+mediator setup working with AmiKit 8 with Rertofan instructions. Sorry no pics yet. Display speed is 400% faster with voodoo and looks really nice !! Next i will try to setup PPC (warp51/PPCEmu)..
Old 19 December 2014, 20:40   #89
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

AmiKitReal 8.1 Released.

We are happy to announce the new release of AmiKitReal with full and update installers!

Free downloads available at: http://real.amiga.sk/

AmiKitReal 8.1 now contains AmiTradeCenter program in Internet drawer and also two more Radio Streams in AmiKit:Utilities/Expansion/RadioStations/Scripts folder. All of the Start Menus have been updated to support Radio streams and we also have included a new "Storm" wallpaper.

AmiKitReal 8.1 delivers new MUI 4.0 (version r4283) as well as some other updates to IconLib 46.4.404, Wet 6.4 or WHDLoad 18.0. New MorpheuZ 2.1 now displays BETA message if DOpus5.91 is active.

Icon images are stored in FastMem instead of ChipMem.

Few minor bugs from previous version are addressed in this release.

The update installer also updates Mattahan's Icon Set for those using it. You can find the set and 16 Colors Ken´s Icon pack on our website.

If you already have AmiKit installed, simply run it and a new update will be downloaded and installed automatically. The existing Startup-Sequence will be saved as Startup-Sequence.bak800

I've worked really hard to make AmiKit available for real Amiga. If you find this version useful for you, please support my effort with a small donation.

http://real.amiga.sk/donations.htm

Have a Merry Christmas!

Edit: Total donations for AKReal 8.0 or 8.1 to keep the project alive: 1 .
Edit: Thanks a lot Slaapliedje, really glad you like it.

Last edited by Retrofan; 22 January 2015 at 22:42.
Old 17 January 2015, 02:04   #90
Immortal

Hi retrofan,

Im the founder of a portuguese forum dedicated to retrogaming in general: www.retromania.pt
We have made a video review of real amikit 8 with english subtitles, i hope you and all you guys enjoy it:

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 17 January 2015, 02:44   #91
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks a lot for the review. I didn't have any yet

Boa sorte com o forum e muito obrigado
Old 17 January 2015, 02:47   #92
Immortal

You most welcome, and a big thanks for your hard work, great job!
BTW i loved your custom message in portuguese, nice touch, thanks!

Last edited by Immortal; 17 January 2015 at 14:03.
Old 08 February 2015, 19:54   #93
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

AKReal 8.2 live update released!

We are happy to announce the release of the new update of AKReal – the unofficial conversion of AmiKit for real Amiga machines.

This on-line update is delivered to your AKReal installation via its Live Update feature. Simply boot your AKReal 8.1 and new update will be found automatically. Just confirm and install.

Full installation archive is available for free from http://real.amiga.sk/

WHAT’S NEW IN AKREAL 8.2?

AKReal 8.2 includes regular AmiKit 8.2 update (see below) plus some extras like MacLikeDock (works with RTG only), update of RandomFile and MMULib which are integrated into MorpheuZ now. MUI global prefs, Better Config (in Tools) and BDSlide have been improved as well.

AKReal 8.2 also includes new visual themes (AmigaOS, BlueGradient and HipClone), new start menu button (HipTheme) and more wallpapers. New MorpheuZ option lets you choose from 8 themes for IBrowse.

Mattahan's icon set will be updated for those who use it. If you like Ken’s Icons, we’ve prepared 16 colours edition of his icon set. Only 16+16 colours are used for each icon now (instead of 512) which means a massive speed up for real Amiga machines.

Many thanks to Thomas Rapp for his RandomFile and great help with this update, Paul E. Bloedel for his MacLikeDock, Thomas Richter for his MMULib, Peter Keunecke, James Stalham and others.

If you like this project, please consider donating: http://real.amiga.sk/donations.htm

Have Fun !!

Screenshot on a 16 colors 1024x768 HighGFX screen:

AKReal 8.2 includes the following changes (on top of AmiKit 8.2 changes – see below).

- ADDED: "16Bit_Memories_2", "Toaster-Logo", "Clouds" and "Stones" wallpapers.

- ADDED: New Visual Themes: "AmigaOS", "BlueGradient" and "HipClone" -Use MorpheuZ to select them-.

- ADDED: MacLikeDock v2.5 by Paul E. Bloedel (RTG needed).

- ADDED: Thumb V7.253 program by Thomas Rapp (files missing).

- ADDED: AddDatatypes V45.2 by Roland Mainz.

- DISABLED: "Almost" Theme.

- UPDATED: MMULib 43.13.2 by Thomas Richter integrated on MorpheuZ.

- CHANGED: MorpheuZ with eight Themes for IBrowse -MUI4-.

- CHANGED: MUI Global preferences.

- CHANGED: BDWatch now shows the center cap on the Borg clock.

- CHANGED: New Radio icon on the StartMenus docks.

- CHANGED: PPaint "Download&Install PPaint" script.

- CHANGED: RandomFile by Thomas Rapp.

- CHANGED: "Better Config" on Tools.

- CHANGED: Startup-Sequence*.

- CHANGED: BDSlide from WBStartup.

*You will find a backup of the previous renamed as Startup-SequenceBackup8.1

WHAT'S NEW IN AMIKIT 8.2? (The official text follows)

AmiKit 8.2 - Exclusive Flash Disk is available again. Limited edition. http://amikit.amiga.sk

Thanks for using AmiKit! To make it even better for you, we bring new updates in this release.

MUI 4 (Magic User Interface) has been exclusively updated for AmiKit again! For example, keyboard support for virtual groups has been implemented, as well as support for menu item images. MUI 4 now contains a stack check feature, and many bugs have been fixed. Thanks to Thore Böckelmann and Jens Maus.

We introduce a special MUI version of EvenMore in this release. EvenMore is a decent textviewer with a plugin system. Thanks to Chris Perver.

Ukrainian developer Lyubomyr Lisen has updated the AmiKit app for Android. It now uses a graphical user interface, which can be invoked by the Back or Menu key.

Other software updates include a new SimpleMail, Amiga Image Storage System, IconLib, Layers Library, MUIbase and NetSurf. Russian locale is also supported (beta).

Last, but not least, a retro "run and jump" platform game is waiting for you in AmiKit:Games folder. This retro game, Boxx 2, has been created by Lemming880.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This update takes a while to install, please be patient.

- UPDATED: MUI 4.0 (r4420) by Stefan Stuntz, Thore Böckelmann and Jens Maus!

- UPDATED: EvenMore 0.85 special AmiKit version by Chris Perver!

- UPDATED: AmiKit app for Android has a graphic user interface now! By Lyubomyr Lisen.

- UPDATED: AmiKit Locale 1.3

- UPDATED: AISS - Amiga Image Storage System 4.18 by Martin Merz

- UPDATED: IconLib 46.4.405 by Peter Keunecke

- UPDATED: Layers Library 45.27 by Thomas Richter

- UPDATED: MUIbase 3.1 by Steffen Gutmann

- UPDATED: NetSurf 3.3 Dev2 (January 2015) ported by Artur Jarosik

- UPDATED: SimpleMail 0.41 by Hynek Schlawack and Sebastian Bauer

- ADDED: Boxx 2 by Lemming880. A retro "run and jump" platform game!

- ADDED: Russian locale support - beta. Run MorpheuZ/Locale to activate it. Thanks to Mikhail Malyshev.

The following people have donated to the AmiKit project recently:

Cathal Ferris, Jorge Manuel L. R., Per Martin Iversen, Steve Jones, Stefan Rutkowski, Silvio Albrecht, Antonio, Joseph D., Dick van Ginkel, Eric R. Lamb, Frits Blankenzee, Thomas G., JeFfR3y, Samuel, Daffyd, Hexagon, Tygre, Matthew W., Ingo Fehlauer, Silvio A., Erik Bos, Sascha K. and others.

THANK YOU and all the other donors listed on AmiKit website.

AMIKIT WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN WHAT IT IS WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT!

Last edited by Retrofan; 09 February 2015 at 02:35.
Old 10 February 2015, 15:57   #94
groundplayer

Installed Amikit 8.2 to real Amiga1200/mediator/Voodoo/BPPC060, working really fine ! Thankyou Retrofan ! http://1drv.ms/1KIIHYQ
Old 25 February 2015, 13:34   #95
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Installed Amikit 8.2 to real Amiga1200/mediator/Voodoo/BPPC060, working really fine ! Thankyou Retrofan ! http://1drv.ms/1KIIHYQ
Thanks groundplayer. You've got a PM answering your question.

AKReal 8.3 live update released!

The http://real.amiga.sk/ website news says:
A new update is ready for you. Simply boot your AKReal and the Live Update program takes care of the rest. Here's what's new. Enjoy!
Old 08 April 2015, 17:27   #96
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

AKReal 8.4 live update released!

We are happy to announce the release of the new update of AKReal – the unofficial conversion of AmiKit for real Amiga machines.

This on-line update is delivered to your AKReal installation via its Live Update feature. Simply boot your AKReal and the new update will be found automatically. Just confirm and install.

WHAT´S NEW ON AKREAL 8.4?

AKReal 8.4 includes regular AmiKit 8.4 update plus some extras. If you decide to install a RTG card later you will see some changes in MorpheuZ (which uses more colors) and offers you new 24Bit Themes (thanks to AfA_OS by Bernd Roesch).

If you don't have a RTG card but you want to emulate a Picasso IV Zorro III, just open "Better Config" in the Tools drawer and check the instructions as you need first to have the Picasso system ROM to emulate it. Click "Install" and you will be asked what configuration do you want to try, including the RTG one.

I include a WinUAE configuration attached that you can adapt to your PC changing the paths to your files. I recommend to use a HDF file as harddrive, to use an OS3.9 with BB2 and to copy at least the MUI key to S.

Start Menus: Before they had a vertical bar on the left, where you could click on to edit the settings, but now they don't have it, so you won't notice them unless you make a right click on the image of AmiKit on the left of the top title bar. If you need to edit it now you will have to press Ctrl and right click on the same place.

MacLikeDock: Originally this program closes after you open any of the programs of the bar, but I've made some changes so it will open again after opening the programs or in some cases after they finish. I've also added a new “Refresh” icon (the last on the right) in case you have to clean it's “transparency”.

More things? There are some new wallpapers and also a new RTG drawer to store them, a new robotic booting sound that I've called "IRobot" with my voice ... and many, many more things.

The Mattahan's Icons Set has also been updated on the site.

AKReal 8.4 update by Retrofan installed on top of AmiKit 8.4 http://amikit.amiga.sk

- ADDED: Four RTG wallpapers in AmiKit:Prefs/Presets/Backdrops folder.
- ADDED: Picasso96 2.10a files by Tobias Abt and Alexander Kneer.
- ADDED: New booting sound "IRobot" with my voice and music by DJNick.
- ADDED: HippoPlayer icon launcher to MacLikeDock menu and a new "Refresh" icon at the end.
- ADDED: New 16 colors boot image "AmiKit_800x600_16Colors.iff" in AmiKit:Prefs/Presets/Backdrops/Booting_Pictures folder.
- ADDED: Compactflash.device 1.32 Torsten Jager.
- ADDED: WNMC 90.7 Stream Radio icon script to Start Menus.
- ADDED: Transparent_2 Pointer preferences from "CyberPointer" by D.Heinrich and P. Habermehl will be used by "Better Config" program with RTG.
- ADDED: AfA_OS 4.7 by Bernd Roesch with 24Bit Themes by Ken Lester.
- CHANGED: Magellan_bar_Logo_256C Start Menu, now with less white space on the right.
- CHANGED: "Better Config" script in Tools folder, now with configuration for RTG using a Picasso IV Zorro III.
- CHANGED: Font preferences to avoid problems with RTG. "Better Config" script in Tools folder will use old fonts if you select AGA instead of RTG.
- CHANGED: MorpheuZ preview of Rainboot configs now uses 256 colors images if you use RTG. Also the MorpheuZ images change if you use RTG.
- CHANGED: SongPlayer MUI prefs.
- CHANGED: Workbench2000 MUI prefs.
- CHANGED: Startup-Sequence to avoid problems with systems using RTG.
- CHANGED: MacLikeDock behavior: It will open again after opening any program.
- CHANGED: Start Menus now without borders. Just click on the left of the title bar and the Menu pops out.
- FIXED: Mi-Soul radio stream and its Start Menus links.
- FIXED: Copper-Demon.

Many thanks to Peter Keunecke, Thomas Rapp and Tommes for his wallpapers: https://www.flickr.com/photos/tommeskoch/.

AKReal is free, but you can contribute with whatever amount you feel it is worth.

Edit: WinUAE config attached in this post: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=120

_

Last edited by Retrofan; 29 April 2016 at 00:23.
Old 19 July 2015, 13:13   #97
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

AKReal 8.5 live update released!

This on-line update is delivered to your AKReal installation via its Live Update feature. Simply boot your AKReal and the new update will be found automatically. Just confirm and install. This update will need at least 180MB of free space on your HD and it will take some time.

AKReal 8.5 update by Retrofan installed on top of AmiKit 8.5 http://amikit.amiga.sk

- ADDED: WBDock2 2.5 by Thomas Rapp.
- ADDED: LittleClock by Thomas Rapp.
- ADDED: CheckFreeSpace 1.0 by Thomas Rapp.
- ADDED: CardPatch V1.2 and CardReset V3.0 by Artur Pogoda.
- ADDED: "AmiKit 8" visual Theme by Ken Lester with the "AmiKit PC" setup using Better Config.
- ADDED: ShapeShifter 3.11 by Christian Bauer.
- ADDED: Mac wallpaper and an A1000 wallpaper by Thomas Koch.
- ADDED: MorpheuZ option to install the Indivision MKII drivers and some configurations.
- FIXED: 247DrumNBass stream.
- FIXED: KissStory stream and logo changed.
- FIXED: Beatlesradio stream.
- FIXED: Reboot program.
- FIXED: Jabberwocky.
- CHANGED: Image of Start Menu "Magellan_bar_Logo" used for 16 colors.
- CHANGED: MCP preferences. Trackdisk On to avoid clicking sound of the floppy and RamPatch to fix the RAM disk showing the true amount of memory used, instead of 100% all the time.
- CHANGED: MorpheuZ and "Better Config" program.
- CHANGED: IBrowse and AWeb preferences: Spoof as MSIE 5.5 and Google fastlink.
- CHANGED: Startup-Sequence.
- CHANGED: FBlit config for CyberBugFixAga.
- CHANGED: Updated ScummVM 1.5.0 for 030 by Novacoder.

Many thanks to Thomas Rapp (lots of contributions this time), Peter Keunecke, Jens Schönfeld for the Indivision drivers, Artur Pogoda, Christian Bauer, Novacoder and Tommes for his wallpapers: https://www.flickr.com/photos/tommeskoch/

The Mattahan's Icons Set will be updated soon on the site just like the 16 Colors Ken's Icons pack. They are thought to be installed over a fresh install (no icons moved from a side to another) of AKReal 8.5

The script "Better Config" in Tools will let you change the setup with a couple of clicks with new options in this update. If you've got the Picasso rom and you add a Picasso IV Zorro III on WinUAE you can have some AGA setups but also some RTG ones:

A Mac one:

The "AKReal" one:

Or the "AmiKit PC" one:

Also if you have an Indivision MKII a new option in MorpheuZ will let you install all the drivers and also select among some of the best configurations just clicking on them.

The Radio streams have been updated too, so you can enjoy the best music with your amiga this summer just clicking on the left of the top bar -AmiKit logo- using Magellan and selecting any of the ten different streams to improve your holiday time.

ShapeShifter from Christian Bauer has been added as well. Just adding the Mac HD file, Prom and the rom you can emulate the old Macs.

A new lighter Clock, a new incredible Dock, the new 030 version of ScummVM AGA and also new games for ScummVM: A point-and-click adventure called Flight of the Amazon Queen or you can try to escape from future world Beneath a Steel Sky.

AKReal is free, but you can contribute with whatever amount you feel it is worth.

Total donations so far to the 8.5 update and to keep the project alive (daily updated):

Edit:

Donations received for the update so far: 4. Thanks a lot. For me it's a proof of your interest .

_

Last edited by Retrofan; 04 April 2016 at 20:42.
Old 21 July 2015, 03:32   #98
tygre
Returning fan!

@all

I installed the new version and it works great! The transparency really looks cool 8^) This is definitely my working environment!!! Thanks a lot for your great work!!!

Cheers!
Old 12 January 2016, 03:31   #99
Acill
Tech Guru

I'm installing the latest AKreal from the site on my A4000T right now. I have a mediator and voodoo 5 I want to install. I see some of you have done this. Any help you can give to get it running would be fantastic!!
Old 12 January 2016, 12:21   #100
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Then read the Support Thread instead. Posts like this can help you http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=354