English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Amiga websites reviews

Old 23 April 2021, 16:37   #21
kipper2k

Politics are never a good thing to discuss on a forum, but Brexit is good for the UK, i remember when it first came in... but i digress
Old 23 April 2021, 21:57   #22
Rissy

We all have opinions. I have mine. You have yours. Neither is fact until it's a proven track record. So all we can talk in, is opinions.

"Brexit is good for the UK" has been spoken as if this is fact when in fact it's impossible for it to be claimed as fact, because the fact has not yet been proven.
Old 05 May 2021, 09:22   #23
Rissy

Finally! News from AmigaStore.eu that my order has now been shipped. Ordered it on March 28th. Lets see how long it takes to get to me.....if it ever does!
Old 11 May 2021, 19:44   #24
Rissy

Well, my order arrived this evening. Finally. You'd think it would be good news. However, there are items missing from my order, so it is incomplete.

I tried calling both numbers on their website. The first one rang out, and nobody answered. The second number rang and rang and rang before finally someone picked up only to tell me they don't speak English and that I should email them.

So now i've emailed them again.

Sigh.

I know others have said they've had a good experience with these guys. They have a nice looking website indeed. But i doubt i'll be giving them any more business after this experience. It's too much hard work, too much time to wait, and utter frustration that they can't get the order correct (even with 5-6 weeks to think about it!), and are unable to discuss issues on the phone.
Old 21 May 2021, 12:43   #25
Rissy

This is my closing comment on this thread.

My missing cables arrived yesterday, so my order is now complete. I'm glad they came through for me in the end. I think these guys have good intentions and strive for a good reputation. Do i trust them? yes. I just think it's a shame that (perhaps) Brexit has put a taint on an otherwise good experience. Will i buy from them again? Perhaps. But only once the sour taste I have now has had a chance to subside a bit.

Hopefully, if i do order from them again, Brexit wont be an issue any more, and I can expect to receive my goods within 2 weeks rather than 2 months as it did on my first experience.

I also wish they were a bit more open to talking on the phone. English is clearly still a hurdle they need to overcome. Otherwise, i need to polish up my Spanish a bit more.
Old 21 May 2021, 13:27   #26
tolkien
AmigaMan

Good you resolve your issues. I know them for more than 20 years and are very helpful. But yes, not always things comes in a good way.
Old 30 May 2021, 02:16   #27
jediknight

brexit brexit brexit lol.
Old 25 July 2021, 11:50   #28
Jpor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissy View Post
This is my closing comment on this thread.

My missing cables arrived yesterday, so my order is now complete. I'm glad they came through for me in the end. I think these guys have good intentions and strive for a good reputation. Do i trust them? yes. I just think it's a shame that (perhaps) Brexit has put a taint on an otherwise good experience. Will i buy from them again? Perhaps. But only once the sour taste I have now has had a chance to subside a bit.

Hopefully, if i do order from them again, Brexit wont be an issue any more, and I can expect to receive my goods within 2 weeks rather than 2 months as it did on my first experience.

I also wish they were a bit more open to talking on the phone. English is clearly still a hurdle they need to overcome. Otherwise, i need to polish up my Spanish a bit more.
You were lucky. I’ve had to wait over 6 months for an order! From Amigastore.eu. Many emails sent and no reply. Just got the standard automated message about we are waiting on HMRC etc…etc…
Won’t be using them ever again. I had poor customer service.
Had something happen like this a couple of years ago with them and ended up getting an apology and 10% off my next purchase.
Thus time nothing!
Chris Edwards (Based the U.S) over on his YouTube channel ordered some 3.2 ROMs from them which don’t work and he too is having a hard time chasing for an answer/replacements.
Old 14 September 2022, 00:27   #29
jabbadude

Just got a new PSU from them. It was not possible to trace the order, but after 2, 3 weeks it suddenly turned up. I ordered them to send as Registered mail.
Old 14 September 2022, 01:11   #30
QuikSanz

Good to hear, Isabell I think her name is usually answers right away, busy maybe?

Chris
Old 14 September 2022, 04:13   #31
jcgeuze

great to know, They have been great to work with so far. (not like other amiga stores out there)
Old 14 September 2022, 14:48   #32
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgeuze View Post
great to know, They have been great to work with so far. (not like other amiga stores out there)
Bromigo! I think the dark days have come and gone with them. Back in 2021 there were still issues with covid and also Brexit (if ordering from the U.K). I’ve ordered a few things from them this year. I have registered with them and I do get Emails when things are on the way. What amazes me is they tend to sell stuff cheaper than a certain reseller here in the U.K Yes you can get import duty, but as long as they are dependable and don’t expect you to use this great forum to do their Customer Support for them for free. Then it’s all good in my book.
Old 07 February 2023, 16:38   #33
Fery

Send a message via ICQ to Fery
I have a good experience. I have only shopped here about 3 times, but always without any problems.
Old 15 February 2023, 13:40   #34
shelter

They didn't reply to me either, it was nothing that important so I didn't bother with it.
But it's a bit bad that they don't reply on emails.

I did get what I ordered tho', so no problem there.