English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 29 March 2011, 20:47   #41
thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narf the Mouse View Post
Fonts are mis-loaded arbitrarily, with, for example, "q" loaded in place of "r".
This happens since ages with Kick 1.3 / WB 1.3 if FF (Fast Font) is executed in Startup-Sequence, probably back to the 0.8 range of WinUAE versions. Does not happen in "modern" versions of WinUAE if Cycle Exact is enabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
- AROS ROM
AROS ROM does not work with HD floppies. Reports "trying to read a block outside the bounds" (don't remember exactly) in an Amiga requester.

Last edited by TCD; 29 March 2011 at 20:49. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Use multi-quote.
Old 01 April 2011, 07:56   #42
Narf the Mouse

Quote:
Why do you think this is an emulation problem? or 2.3.2 specific?

Probably some blitter font acceleration patch that forgets to wait for the blitter etc..
It doesn't happen in Cycle-Exact. Other than that, nothing. I had noticed the bug before in a more generalized form when running in "Fastest Possible", but it seemed to be gone with "Maintain Chipset Timing".

Not sure where else to put it, but I first noticed this form of the bug in 2.3.1.
Old 01 April 2011, 08:43   #43
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narf the Mouse View Post
It doesn't happen in Cycle-Exact. Other than that, nothing. I had noticed the bug before in a more generalized form when running in "Fastest Possible", but it seemed to be gone with "Maintain Chipset Timing".

Not sure where else to put it, but I first noticed this form of the bug in 2.3.1.
It isn't an emulation bug, it is a software bug that depends on timing (missing blitter wait). Enable immediate blitter if you want to "fix" it.
Old 06 April 2011, 03:24   #44
Narf the Mouse

Quote:
It isn't an emulation bug, it is a software bug that depends on timing (missing blitter wait). Enable immediate blitter if you want to "fix" it.
Thanks.
Old 06 April 2011, 08:25   #45
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Perhaps it is good idea to make blitter "auto-waiting" when using fastest possible cpu modes.

"Auto-wait" = CPU access to any blitter register while blitter is busy (and blitter dma is enabled) will stop the cpu until blitter has finished.
Old 08 April 2011, 17:39   #46
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_2320b4.zip

Beta 4

- added new autofire option. Button released = autofire. Button pressed = normal non-autofire firebutton.
- 231b13 reset fix fixed again (A1000 and Arcadia emulation crash)
- automatic resolution switch interlace detection was unreliable
- show a message and refuse real harddrive write attempts to block zero (=RDB write attempt) if drive has one or more mounted PC partitions. Partitioning is going to fail even if write appears to succeed.
- screen mode change (fullscreen<>windowed or windowed mode window size change) released all currently pressed keys, it should only happen when WinUAE loses focus, not when switching modes
- window title bar mouse text shortened, F12 note added
- stop the cpu and wait until blitter has finished if any blitter register is accessed while blitter is busy and cpu mode is fastest possible
Old 08 April 2011, 19:51   #47
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
- window title bar mouse text shortened, F12 note added
Old 08 April 2011, 20:23   #48
HOL2001
Amigamaniac

Quote:
- 231b13 reset fix fixed again (A1000 and Arcadia emulation crash)
Works fine again!
Old 10 April 2011, 08:36   #49
sink

thk toni, excellent and interesting beta version!
Old 10 April 2011, 23:20   #50
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

Just pondering my head here... is Action Replay support broken again in latest beta?
Old 11 April 2011, 21:55   #51
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

Toni, not sure if you are referring to my post. Using 2.3.2 beta 4 I can't boot the virtual machine with an Action Replay ROM enabled. It keeps rebooting, I never see the Kickstart hand...
Old 12 April 2011, 08:06   #52
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.vince View Post
Toni, not sure if you are referring to my post. Using 2.3.2 beta 4 I can't boot the virtual machine with an Action Replay ROM enabled. It keeps rebooting, I never see the Kickstart hand...
It was supposed to be reply to Megachur. (I usually only complain about reports that only say "it does not work" or similar, sorry)

Your post wasn't much better. "It does not work". Fortunately I found out what you meant before I started complaining (AR does not work in non-cycle exact modes)
Old 12 April 2011, 10:58   #53
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

It was just so obvious (rebooting loop) I did not post more info. But of course you're right... the report was shitty as hell.
Old 15 April 2011, 02:03   #54
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Evil grin

Trying to flirt with Toni?!

Old 16 April 2011, 11:45   #55
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_2320b5.zip

Beta 5:

- floppy step signal's previous state was not restored properly from statefile (possible one skipped or one extra step when program steps for the first time after state was restored)
- tight DSKBYTR() read loop sometimes triggered second index sync pulse after few cycles. Broke some copy protections randomly. (for example original Double Dragon II)
- enable Gayle ID register in CD32 mode. CD32 boot menu checks for Gayle ID and immediately exists if Gayle is not detected. This must mean Akiko includes some (unused or never fully implemented?) parts of Gayle (at least ID register) because boot menu works on a real CD32.
- RESET instruction didn't work correctly in 68000 compatible non-ce (prefetch) mode (Arcadia/AR/A1000)
- only use triple buffer if triple buffer selected and vsync enabled. Seems to fix (at least partially) random Direct3D blank screen issue (also triple buffer in non-vsync modes is quite pointless)
- configuration file chipset_refreshrate accepts now floating point values
Old 17 April 2011, 19:02   #56
Dr.Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni_Wilen
- configuration file chipset_refreshrate accepts now floating point values
Toni, as posted in the other thread (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=58495), many thanks for adding this option.

There are some small issues where the custom floating point refresh rate gets overwritten/reset to the default value 50.00hz.

To be precise, when a custom refresh rate has been set (eg. 49.92) all is well until:

F12 --> click 'display' panel --> click OK. --> custom refresh rate is automagically reset to 50.00
F12 --> click 'display' panel --> click on pull down menu to select 'double buffer' --> custom refresh rate is reset top default 50.00
When a game or demo switches from a non-laced screen to an interlaced screen (eg demo 'Tint' or game 'Slamtilt'), then winuae resets the custom refresh rate back to the default value of 50.00.

Hopefully you can iron these little 'bugs' out. Thx & WinUAE 4ever

Last edited by Dr.Venom; 17 May 2011 at 21:27.
Old 22 April 2011, 14:18   #57
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
This will perhaps need confirming by others, but using beta 5 - the avi recorder is recording at 49 fps instead of 50 fps for video and is going out of sync with audio quite quickly.

Audio is commig in at 49.919 on both, ill have to check back a few version to see if this is normal or not.
Old 22 April 2011, 15:42   #58
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt View Post
This will perhaps need confirming by others, but using beta 5 - the avi recorder is recording at 49 fps instead of 50 fps for video and is going out of sync with audio quite quickly.

Audio is commig in at 49.919 on both, ill have to check back a few version to see if this is normal or not.
Probably side effect of floating point frequency support in previous beta.
Actual exact refresh rate is 49.92 (313 lines) or 50.08 (312) . Previously it was always rounded to 50.00.

I guess vsync and avi recording should always use integer refresh rates.
Old 23 April 2011, 15:31   #59
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_2320b6.zip

Beta 6:

- Display panel overwrites chipset_refreshrate decimal part only when slider is adjusted
- Display panel directly accepts non-integer refresh rates
- last serial port device was not listed (b1)
- added serial_stopbits configuration parameter, sets Paula serial port emulation stop bit length. (0 = 1bit, 1 = 1.5bits, 2 = 2bits) Technically it should always work but at least some USB adapters don't seem to reliably read Amiga serial data at 19200 without setting it to 1 or 2. (interestingly for example 115200 works fine, this is quite confusing)
- Gameports panel remapping fixed (b4)
- avioutput refresh rate was not rounded to nearest integer (b5)
- fixed crash when switching from RTG mode to native mode (old bug, only in specific combination of filter and display settings)
Old 14 May 2011, 10:46   #60
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_2320b7.zip

Beta 7: (1-2 weeks to go)

- borderblank only worked in AGA mode, BPLCON0 bit 0 was ignored in ECS Denise mode
- config_window_title configuration entry added, text shown on GUI and main window title bar if set
- delay allocation of filter buffers if current mode is RTG
- fixed uninitialized buffer when writing joystick input settings to config file, possible worst case issue was corrupt input configuration data in config file
- AROS ROM updated