Old 29 September 2001, 02:03   #61
birdy-scc
Banned

It must have been a vigilante then.
Old 29 September 2001, 03:30   #62
RCK
Administrator

Exclamation

Hey, please calm down, or continue your little flaming by PM...
Old 29 September 2001, 05:03   #63
birdy-scc
Banned

Sorry about that, there was a girl with kaleidoscope eyes and she just walked past my window.
Old 29 September 2001, 12:35   #64
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Cool Let's kiss and make up

Ok forget the kissing. But we could do a virtual handshake.
Old 29 September 2001, 12:43   #65
Amigaboy

Birdy --> <-- Steve_b

Old 29 September 2001, 12:46   #66
Kodoichi
Banned

Location: I'm the smiling face on your TV, I exploit you still you love me
Amigaboy -> <- s4murai

s4murai -> :haha

Amigaboy ->

s4murai ->
Old 29 September 2001, 12:48   #67
Amigaboy

Crap. I always seem to be on the receiving end

Old 29 September 2001, 12:55   #68
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Hahahaha

Funny. Great picture Amigaboy I was looking for one similar to that. It's gone waaaaaay off topic this thread.
Old 01 October 2001, 03:03   #69
Djay
95th User

hey marz,

man u found me out, yes it was a doctored pic, but hey we can dream!

i might try to sell it on eBay!!
Old 07 October 2001, 14:54   #70
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Another game I wish was converted to the Amiga- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the Arcade, by Konami!

I remember pumping 20cent coins into that machine...that was when arcades cost 20cents a pop, that is

Now I have it on Mame, and considering it was made in 1988-89, it is one great beat-em-up. It really does compare to more modern basher games, like Streets of Rage and so on.

It really should have been ported IMO.
Old 07 October 2001, 15:15   #71
Amigaboy

You payed 20 cents Muzkat?

When I used to play this game in the arcade (when it first came out), I always pumped in 60cents per credit. This is how much arcade's cost back then (at least, in most places I went to it was like that)

I haven't been to an arcade since Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition, so I have no idea how much they cost now, or even what games have been released since then (except for fighting games)

How much do they cost now Muzkat? Do you know?

Old 08 October 2001, 04:38   #72
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Hooooo

You are right Amigaboy...nearly all arcades cost sixty cents a go back then. But I distinctly remember that at Melbourne (Tullamarine) Airport, TMNT was only 20 cents for a while. I think this was because table top arcades were still around then, and they only cost 20 or 40 cents to play as well.

Later on, the price went up to 60 cents, just like you said...but I think it was 60 cents for two credits, me thinks. I used to go to the airport a lot because my Dad used to work there.

Right now, most games cost $1, with shooters (such as Time Crisis and Virtua Cop) and flashy racers (Scud Race, Daytona) costing $2.

:eek S4murai: I didn't know it was ported! The only Turtles Amiga game I can remember is the dodgy "Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles" which had a Game A and Game B. Game A consisted of going through a maze of sewers until you found the Technodrome, and Game B- well, I was always stuck on Game B! Anyway, the game sucked big time.

Last edited by Muzkat; 08 October 2001 at 07:02.
Old 08 October 2001, 04:47   #73
Amigaboy

Thanks for the info Muzkat

Samurai's right in saying the game was converted to Amiga. It was converted during the early 90s.

Try http://jambo.abime.net/ and do a search for turtles . Maybe one of them is the game. I have no idea

Old 08 October 2001, 19:43   #74
Amiga1992

Amigaby, there's not much fun in the arcades as back then, but some good games pop around from time to time. I used to die for going to the arcades but now I go very few times a year, just to find the same crap as always.

I always frequent an arcade that has LOTS of classics, for ridiculously low sums of money, so I always play great classics there for little cash

Muzkat: the Amiga conversion of the Turtles Arcade Game ain't half bad, but it disappoints. I preffer the C64 version for some strange reason. I feel it more playable (and the music is better, Jeroen Tel baby )
Old 09 October 2001, 00:28   #75
Amigaboy

I've played Crazy Taxi on dreamcast and found it fantastic

I've also played Time Crisis 1 and 2 on Playstation. They're also very fun

Are they anything like the arcade one's? (I know Time Crisis 2 is supposed to be different)

Old 09 October 2001, 00:42   #76
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Back on track bitches. How about this...Capcom. It produced Super Street Fighter and a few others for the Amiga..but never the incredible Rockman\Megaman series. Those games would have been gorgeous and very parralax-scroll freindly. Damn
Old 09 October 2001, 04:22   #77
Amiga1992

Virtua Tennis and Crazy Taxi are brill. The arcade versions are as great as their DC counterparts. Time Crisis on teh arcade is better technically, and it's just not the same playing it with a Playstation. I still dont like that kind of games, but I preffer them to Quake-alikes.

Rockman would have been a GREAT Amiga port. To think that shitty PC/ATs got Megaman 3, and Amigas got nothing!!!! And you also have Megaman X on the PC.. I preffer the X series much more than the original Megaman.

Megaman = looks gay
Megaman X = looks badass
Old 09 October 2001, 06:41   #78
Drake1009

Yeah Megaman would've been more than welcome on the Amiga

Still struggling with the final boss in MMX4. I suck at games. I'm afraid I'm going to be using as much time as I spent on all the bosses before I can destroy the final one.
Old 10 October 2001, 06:33   #79
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Capcom never produced any Amiga games, their games were licensed for U.S. Gold. And from what I see, only the arcade games were converted. Megaman being a console game, never saw the light on amiga.

I don't like the Megaman series too, and it took me some time to want try Megaman X, but after I did it, I was addicted. All MMX games are great.

@Drake1009

That boss is BLOODY IMPOSSIBLE. I've been trying for ages to beat it, and still couldn't do. To be honest, this boss alone makes me want to hate the game very much. The whole game isn't too hard (it took me like 2-3 days to get in the last boss), and the you get a damn hard unbeatable final boss. I tried for MONTHS to beat that beast, and I've given up.
Old 10 October 2001, 11:41   #80
Drake1009

I've stooped so low with the final boss that I've seeked out an FAQ. I managed to figure out the first 2 things to do to kill his first 2 shapes and there is a conclusive description of what to do with the different sequences of the last one as well, but it's just not possible since you have no chance on earth to figure out what's going to happen before it's too late to react on it.

And just as you Shatterhand I never liked the originals, but the X series is good.