English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 25 April 2004, 19:03   #61
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroMan
Back in my school days I had an Amstrad CPC and nearly no games for it So I bought myself a Mag and typed in a Basic Programm called "Invader", it was a Space Invaders clone as you might have guessed allready and it was fun ..... I enjoyed self typed games out of mags those days (at least cause I got no money to spend for commercial games, and sadly all of my Classmates had a C64 but I never wanted to miss my CPC )
Oh, the joys of doing this on the old 464.

I used to type them too from Amstrad Action.

I remember one month typing in something like a 1000 line program and not being able to get it to work. I proof read it and I got my dad too to. It was a 100% copy of the mag but didn't bloody work

So I saved it to tape.

The next month whilst reading Ams Action I noticed a column stating they were sorry for last months code as they missed something like 5 lines from the DATA statements.

So I went and got the tape with great anticipation of finally finishing the program.....only to discover.....my stupid ass brother had copied some crappy game onto it

I decided not to sit and retype this damn program in again !