English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 21 January 2022, 14:56   #1
Pietro.tiberi

RocHard RH800C IDE controlled not found

I would like you help in making RocHard RH800C emulation working on WinUAE
I have setup EXpansion selecting the controllor and have provided the ROM file (only the even part but the odd part is the same directory).

I boot using RocHard.dms floppy but when I launch the IDE Formatter it say: No IDE Controller found.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Pietro
Old 22 January 2022, 08:37   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pietro.tiberi View Post
I have setup EXpansion selecting the controllor and have provided the ROM file (only the even part but the odd part is the same directory).
It won't work this way. Split roms don't work automatically. Manual method requires manual merging.

Recommended option is to copy rom images to your usual rom directory and then click Rescan roms in Paths panel. Go back to expansion panel and rom select menu should now list detected roms (RocHard v1 and v2). Select ROM.
Old 22 January 2022, 13:31   #3
Pietro.tiberi

Thanks Tony! now it works...

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 7 utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 23 January 2022, 19:04   #4
Pietro.tiberi

Using the info from Toni I formatted the HD on WinUAE, installed wb 1.3 on it (by copy) and now Winuae can boot from it normally.

The HD is a 512 MB CF card. Now I inserted it into my real RH800C and nothing happens.
If I boot using floppy I can see the RAM on the controller (it has 2 MB RAM) but nothing more...any suggestion? (maybe I have to ask in another part of the forum because I assume it is not WinUAE related).
Old 23 January 2022, 19:46   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Perhaps it has different ROM version? Did you set HD mode to CF in WinAE? (Default is HD for compatibility purposes, even when using real CF. Some early IDE controllers can confuse CF cards with removable or optical drive).

Does the installer program detect the CF card if you run it on real A500?
Old 24 January 2022, 18:05   #6
Pietro.tiberi

I set HD (and NOT CF) when I added the drive into WinUAE. The ROM version on the controller is v2.0 so I used the v2 version in WinUAE (Rotec ROM even+odd).

The CF adapter is set to Master/Slave (I also tried Slave/Master) but nothing...now I need to create the real Rotec Install floppy disk from the dms file that I'm currently using into WinUAE to verify if the real controller can see the CF card...