English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Amiga websites reviews

Old 14 February 2006, 17:58   #1
Dizzy
Pirate

Mean Hamster Software

Dont know if you know this site/software-company http://www.meanhamstersoftware.com/index.html but they also make games for old machines like Atari 5200 and amiga (http://www.meanhamstersoftware.com/prod_classic.html) at the moment they dont have any amigagames for sale.

They have been around since 1985

Quote:
About Us
The Early Days: Mean Hamster Software was founded in 1985 by John Swiderski, after the video game crash of 1984. At this time, computers were becoming more popular than Video Game consoles. We produced dozens of titles for the Commodore 64 and Amiga from 1985-1990. When Commodore went out of business, Mean Hamster Software took a hiatus from the programming arena until 1999. Picking up where we left off, supporting the up and coming Retro Gaming circle. Writing new software and support the old time systems was something of a new concept at the time and Mean Hamster Software pioneered in this Field with the Release of several titles for the aged Atari 5200 system. The world's first new game ever for this system since 1985. After several new Atari and Amiga titles, Mean Hamster Software decided to move on to yet Another Pioneering medium, the Hand-Held Computer.

Today: We now primarily focus on development of titles for a variety of platforms.

Friends: Mean Hamster Software's success and Experience in the retro-gaming market formed many friendships and new ideas on how gaming should be today. We now work with well known companies like Cyan Worlds, Inc., First Star Software, Inc., Fossil and others to bring you the best of yesteryear today!
Dont know what they made in the past but...