English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 05 January 2022, 12:01   #21
rabidgerry

Game is great! Music is really good. Once I figured out the controls I got up and running. Need in-depth game exploration though, didn't have enough time last night!
Old 24 March 2022, 12:52   #22
Vesuri

A two level shareware (demo) version for the Amiga is now available for download:

http://aminet.net/package/game/demo/AttackPETSCIIRobots
https://www.the8bitguy.com/25753/pet...are-available/
Old 25 March 2022, 07:51   #23
merman

Send a message via MSN to merman Send a message via Yahoo to merman
Been playing the demo version, it's quite good. But in a way, I miss the PETSCII graphics from the earlier versions - that's what made it unique.
Old 25 March 2022, 09:01   #24
Vesuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by merman View Post
I miss the PETSCII graphics from the earlier versions - that's what made it unique.

The full version includes a separate executable that has PETSCII graphics and PET sound.
Old 25 March 2022, 09:26   #25
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

I noticed that the Amiga PET version has two identical maps. River Death is a duplicate of Bunker. Is it possible to fix this?
Old 25 March 2022, 10:23   #26
Vesuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyJarrett View Post
I noticed that the Amiga PET version has two identical maps. River Death is a duplicate of Bunker. Is it possible to fix this?

Thanks for the bug report! I've sorted it out and the fix will be available in the upcoming version 1.2.

Last edited by Vesuri; 27 March 2022 at 20:13. Reason: The reported bug has been fixed
Old 25 March 2022, 16:11   #27
Bren McGuire

this game is terrible, and it will look bad. no need to bother, 8-bit racist.
Old 25 March 2022, 17:41   #28
rare_j
Zone Friend

WTF was that all about???
Old 25 March 2022, 21:22   #29
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare_j View Post
WTF was that all about???
Ditto! This BroMigo has some beef with David the 8-bit guy? I’ve seen no evidence of what’s been said? Must be on the weird stuff. Chill bro.
Old 27 March 2022, 10:57   #30
merman

Send a message via MSN to merman Send a message via Yahoo to merman
There are a lot of people who have trouble with 8-Bit Guy, either because of his stance on guns (a photo on Twitter with him standing in a shop with a gun didn't help), or his treatment of old hardware (with many saying he does more harm than good)
Old 27 March 2022, 12:15   #31
utri007
mä vaan

Quote:
There are a lot of people who have trouble with 8-Bit Guy, either because of his stance on guns (a photo on Twitter with him standing in a shop with a gun didn't help), or his treatment of old hardware (with many saying he does more harm than good)
Everyone does what he/she owns what he/she wants, no matter is it 8bit hardware or gun.

Game is nice and offers something more than basic platformer or shoot 'em up would offer. Bought a Amiga version. There should be a discount if more versions are bought. I could bought C64, Plus4 and Sinclair versions.

Last edited by utri007; 27 March 2022 at 12:37.
Old 27 March 2022, 17:08   #32
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Okay. So the guy lives in a gun toting state (Texas?) so? Guns aren’t good, but each to their own. I don’t understand the racist comment either? Is it because the guy lives somewhere?
Any hoo as everyone else has said. It takes brains and commitment to still code for these older systems and to get the best out of them even today.
As for the guys videos on hardware repair. I’ve seen no evidence of him doing damage. As far as I’ve seen his saved and repaired a lot of stuff that would have been lost

I’m thinking of getting petscii robots for my Amiga

Anyway let’s stay on the subject matter Bromigos! And stay frosty!
Old 27 March 2022, 20:01   #33
desiv

Not an endorsement, tho I did just order one.
https://www.the8bitguy.com/product/c...le-controller/

Basically, SNES looking controller modded to work on an Amiga as a CD32 controller.
I don't generally think "if only I had a CD32 controller" with my Amiga games, but for me (in the US at least/shipping) it was inexpensive enough for me to try it out.
Now I'll have to see what games support it.
(Funnily enough, although I own PETSCII robots for my Vic-20 and my Apple //e, I don't own it for my Amiga.)
Old 31 March 2022, 16:37   #34
Bren McGuire

amazing how, as long as it doesnt affect you, you give a pass to anyone that makes something that fills your dopamine levels.
whether you endorse gun ownership or not, is not the problem, rather, if you endorse guns and go mock victims of gun violence, that's more like, yeah, a big problem. unless you have no morals

if you dont want to investigate about this shady character, thats on you, go ahead and ignore his activities because he makes retro stuff

this is the exact same thing that happenes with the amiga 500 mini and people supporting someone that was an absolute twat to someone with the spectrum thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Besson View Post
Okay. So the guy lives in a gun toting state (Texas?) so? Guns aren’t good, but each to their own. I don’t understand the racist comment either? Is it because the guy lives somewhere?
btw this is atotal ripoff of the ktrl32 done by one of the members of our own community. you should know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiv View Post
Not an endorsement, tho I did just order one.
https://www.the8bitguy.com/product/c...le-controller/
Old 31 March 2022, 20:18   #35
desiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren McGuire View Post
btw this is atotal ripoff of the ktrl32 done by one of the members of our own community. you should know better
And why should I know better? ;-)
No one e-mailed me to tell me about the ktrl32...
I don't spend all my time on EAB, so some things get missed.
Old 01 April 2022, 00:27   #36
ESC
Bad Banana

I don't agree with 8-bit guy when it comes to guns but I don't really care, Americans are weird about their guns.

He didn't mock the victims either, he was just a dick against an anti-gun group called "Moms demand action". While the group was started after the sandy hook massacre it wasn't started by a victim of the massacre and as far as I know he didn't say anything bad or mocking about the victims. He obviously doesn't agree with the group and that's fine with me since he didn't mock the victims.

I also don't understand why you would call him a racist, if you have proof that he's a racist I will promptly stop watching his videos. If you don't provide proof I must assume that you're lying and I think you're a asshole for doing so.
Old 01 April 2022, 07:26   #37
utri007
mä vaan

Quote:
amazing how, as long as it doesnt affect you, you give a pass to anyone that makes something that fills your dopamine levels.
whether you endorse gun ownership or not, is not the problem, rather, if you endorse guns and go mock victims of gun violence, that's more like, yeah, a big problem. unless you have no morals

if you dont want to investigate about this shady character, thats on you, go ahead and ignore his activities because he makes retro stuff

this is the exact same thing that happenes with the amiga 500 mini and people supporting someone that was an absolute twat to someone with the spectrum thing

You can't possibly say that when he is selling modded SNES controllers, it is KTRL32 rip OFF. He has exact same right to do those than any one else. Saying other vice is childish and hypocritical.

I'm really pissed off this woke thing.
Old 01 April 2022, 10:07   #38
Ffin

Quote:
rant

Listen pal, we all have different views and standards. Leave the politics outside, we're here for the 16/32 bit tech, kapisch? You'd better learn to tolerate other people and stop being such a judgemental and reactionary fascist!
Old 01 April 2022, 10:12   #39
Ffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by utri007 View Post
I'm really pissed off this woke thing.

There's no such thing as "woke", it's just not being a c*nt! He didn't call himself woke, did he? You called him that! "Woke" is a term that c**ts use! And like I told him, leave the politics outside, or go play somewhere else!

Last edited by Ffin; 01 April 2022 at 10:37.
Old 01 April 2022, 10:33   #40
A500

I like the game, nice to see it arrive on the Amiga as well