English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL data problems

Old 19 July 2020, 18:44   #1
BarryB
Amigaholic

Worms OCS/ECS entry not mentioned as The Director's Cut!

The entry for Worms OCS/ECS just states it's Worms. The screenshot in that entry shows it's The Director's Cut:

I gather ALL versions of Worms on the Amiga were The Director's Cut? I have 4 sets of this game as loose disks and everyone is OCS/ECS and titled The Director's Cut!
Old 19 July 2020, 19:23   #2
Solo Kazuki

No, they are not titled, it's just mentioned in menu, nowhere else.

Did You see at least once Director's Cut version? Among many improvements IT IS titled Worms: The Director's Cut.

Last edited by Solo Kazuki; 19 July 2020 at 19:44.
Old 19 July 2020, 22:26   #3
BarryB
Amigaholic

Yes, I know there is an AGA Director's Cut, that's not the issue!

I'm just seeing the ingame title clearly saying 'The Directors Cut' but it's not the AGA version, so why put that title in the game, was the title a mistake?
Old 19 July 2020, 22:50   #4
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Yes, I know there is an AGA Director's Cut, that's not the issue!

I'm just seeing the ingame title clearly saying 'The Directors Cut' but it's not the AGA version, so why put that title in the game, was the title a mistake?
Personally, I always felt that "title" on the titlescreen in the game was a nod from Andy Davidson to let people know that the Amiga version was the original and is the way Worms was intended.

It was never referred to anywhere in the press as The Directors Cut, the game box, even when we cracked it, it was simply Worms, and that was it.

I think Team 17 adopted it for the later versions to show progression in the game development.
Old 19 July 2020, 23:40   #5
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Personally, I always felt that "title" on the titlescreen in the game was a nod from Andy Davidson to let people know that the Amiga version was the original and is the way Worms was intended.

It was never referred to anywhere in the press as The Directors Cut, the game box, even when we cracked it, it was simply Worms, and that was it.

I think Team 17 adopted it for the later versions to show progression in the game development.
I guess only Andy Davidson would really know but you're more than likely right in what you say! Just wonder why no one ever mentioned it when it was released, it's kind of obvious once you load it, but no reviews I just read on AMR picked up on that?
Old 20 July 2020, 02:18   #6
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
I guess only Andy Davidson would really know but you're more than likely right in what you say! Just wonder why no one ever mentioned it when it was released, it's kind of obvious once you load it, but no reviews I just read on AMR picked up on that?
Might well have been a last second addition he put in there and no-one spotted it or bothered to question it.
Old 20 July 2020, 11:37   #7
BarryB
Amigaholic

Or most reviewers had a preview copy without that screen? Mind you, Amiga Power had to buy their copy as Team 17 wouldn't send them copies of their games to review!

The box also says it's 'AGA Chipset enhanced', wonder if that's anything to do with a proper AGA version being released later that was The Director's Cut?

I also read a post where you spoke at length with Andy Davidson then went and cracked his game