English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 10 January 2022, 07:13   #101
Aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSzili View Post
Could you try the mouse sensitivity with Shift (or run) key pressed? If that's fast enough I could add an always run key to Caps Lock for example.
Running doesn't effect mouse turning speed, only forward/backward movement, which i would prefer to have disabled.
Old 10 January 2022, 08:05   #102
BSzili
old chunk of coal

I see, thanks for testing. I'll check later if I can get the mouse sensitivity slider to go higher.
Old 10 January 2022, 12:19   #103
BSzili
old chunk of coal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valken View Post
Great performance! Can you add modern FPS WASD controls so we can keyboard strafe with 1 key instead of 2 keys?
Sorry I missed this post. That's unlikely to happen without a rewrite of the input code. The game has only two variables, controlx and controly that contain the merged input from various devices, and controlx is later interpreted differently whether you have the strafe button held or not. This is why you can't turn and strafe at the same time, even when you use different devices at the same time.
Old 21 January 2022, 07:19   #104
BSzili
old chunk of coal

The new versions are out on Aminet. There are no new features other than the slightly larger mouse sens range, but it hopefully fixes all the issues reported here and via e-mail.
Old 21 January 2022, 21:38   #105
Udderdude

Latest version works in WinUAE. Thanks!
Old 10 March 2022, 08:39   #106
BSzili
old chunk of coal

I started to backport some of the code I wrote for Wolfenstein 3D and discovered a serious problem, which affects Kickstart 3.0. With AllocBitMap only the first 5 bitplanes are allocated in a contiguous block of memory, the rest are allocated separately. My hunch is that this is some ECS legacy that got fixed in KS 3.1. This by itself wouldn't be a problem, but C2P function the game uses expected all the bitplanes to be one block of memory, so it ended up corrupting the memory after the first block
I'll switch to the C2P routines designed for bitmaps that can cope with these situations.
Old 13 March 2022, 05:31   #107
BSzili
old chunk of coal

The new versions are now out on Aminet. Besides fixing the Kickstart 3.0 compatibility, AHI is no longer needed, neither is the extra memory for the music. The new sound code plays back the AdLib sounds at full volume, so I recommend redoing the sound conversion again. Sorry about this, this is probably the last time it'll be needed to be done. I also switched back to DBOPL for the music tracks as they took forever to convert.
I backported the scalers from Wolfenstein 3D, so it should run a bit faster too. Don't expect it to be playable at 14 MHz though, this game is a bit more complex, it required a 386 on the PC as well.
Old 13 March 2022, 06:47   #108
AmyMor

Floppy disk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSzili View Post
The new versions are now out on Aminet. Besides fixing the Kickstart 3.0 compatibility, AHI is no longer needed, neither is the extra memory for the music. The new sound code plays back the AdLib sounds at full volume, so I recommend redoing the sound conversion again. Sorry about this, this is probably the last time it'll be needed to be done. I also switched back to DBOPL for the music tracks as they took forever to convert.
I backported the scalers from Wolfenstein 3D, so it should run a bit faster too. Don't expect it to be playable at 14 MHz though, this game is a bit more complex, it required a 386 on the PC as well.
The work you do for the AMIGA community is priceless!
A thousand thanks!