English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 19 February 2015, 06:25   #1
LeftyFPB

CF card not recognized by UAE

I read through the card FAQ a few times before attempting to connect a CF card to a UAE environment. Here's how I attached the card to my computer, a MacBook Pro:

-- Card plugged into IDE adaptor, which is plugged into an external drive enclosure.
-- Enclosure connected to the MBP via FireWire

I tried FS-UAE on the Mac and WinUAE in Windows. In both cases, the main OS (Mac, Windows) recognized the device. On the Mac side, I got the device number for the card (/dev/disk3) and added it to a config file (hard_
drive_0 = /dev/disk3). HD Toolbox didn't recognize the card whether the tool type was set to scsi.device or uaehf.device. WinUAE didn't even let me choose it in the hard drive drop-down, though the other two drives were available.

Apparently, I'm missing a step somewhere. As I said above, the card works great under the main OS. I can format it under either Mac or Windows. For some reason, I just can't get UAE to recognize it.
Old 19 February 2015, 09:20   #2
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
On the Windows PC make sure you are running WinUAE with Administrator privileges (right click/run as Administrator)

If you want to prepare it like a real hard drive under WinUAE you should also use Diskpart to clean the CF first so no Windows partitions remain.

I don't use a Mac so can't help there.