English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 17 July 2013, 15:36   #21
alenppc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Yep, that's a 100MBit Z2/Z3 autosensing card, will go into beta next week. I'm just ruling out any incompatibilities with Z3 GFX cards (still looking for someone who has a Merlin and is actually using it).
I have a Merlin card and using it on my A4000. Anything I can do to help?
Old 17 July 2013, 20:16   #22
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenppc View Post
I have a Merlin card and using it on my A4000. Anything I can do to help?
Please contact me through the web form of www.icomp.de - I have a few cards here already, and one of them should be on it's way to Canada ASAP ;-)

Jens
Old 17 July 2013, 21:20   #23
alenppc

Ok, done
Old 02 August 2013, 09:33   #24
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Pre-order phase for X-Surf-100 to be launched with all resellers today. Should you prefer to buy directly, try my new direct shop. Every single order will be served. There is no need to place double orders. As always: Shop locally!

Pre-order phase runs until august 14th, "high noon" (12:00 CET). Parcels to resellers will be shipped on august 30th.

Jens
Old 02 August 2013, 09:47   #25
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I won't be buying it (only desktops miggys), but nice that you've got now a shop there. You have to add Paypal as payment method soon
Old 02 August 2013, 10:40   #26
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
You have to add Paypal as payment method soon
No, I don't have to. PayPal is extremely expensive for sellers, and if you're in Europe, a SEPA transfer is sufficiently fast and *by*law* as cheap as a domestic transfer.

I refuse to pay a percentage of my revenue to a bank. Should you prefer PayPal, please check with your local reseller. My shop is not meant as a competition for my resellers. My shipping cost is higher than many local resellers, and you have the inconvenience of only paying by bank transfer. You will most certainly get better service from your local reseller - they ship domestic and they speak your local language. That's why I recommend to buy locally.

Jens
Old 02 August 2013, 11:04   #27
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
if you're in Europe, a SEPA transfer is sufficiently fast and *by*law* as cheap as a domestic transfer.
As cheap as a domestic transfer in Euros.

So for the UK, SEPA credit transfers are subject to the same domestic transfer fee from Pound Sterling to Euro it always has. Which is up to €20

Last edited by alexh; 02 August 2013 at 11:11.
Old 03 August 2013, 08:06   #28
Cymru

Bank transfers run in the $50 USD or €38 Range (I just paid this for a Petro A1200); this is standard for anything from a pack of gum to a car. A credit card averages 3% of the cost (hint: $3 per $100).
Old 03 August 2013, 11:27   #29
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymru View Post
Bank transfers run in the $50 USD or €38 Range (I just paid this for a Petro A1200); this is standard for anything from a pack of gum to a car. A credit card averages 3% of the cost (hint: $3 per $100).
No, I pay here 3€ for an international transfer; the same than locally. It isn't that bad, but he's true and I preffer to buy "locally" to AmigaKit.
Old 03 August 2013, 16:29   #30
Cymru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
No, I pay here 3€ for an international transfer; the same than locally. It isn't that bad, but he's true and I preffer to buy "locally" to AmigaKit.
Yes! I pay $50 (I just filed the banks invoice) for international transfers. As popular as it is in Europe, it is financially unsound in the states.
Old 03 August 2013, 17:08   #31
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

I bet that's why Schoenfeld clearly says to buy locally. In Germany (last time I checked his company was located there) a bank transfer costs nothing (read that as 0 € per 100 €) for neither the seller nor the buyer, so it's pretty obviously the best choice.
Old 04 August 2013, 08:34   #32
gnujon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymru View Post
$50 USD? Wow, that's high. Is that the total when you're paying the charges at both ends, or just your own U.S. bank's charge?
Old 04 August 2013, 10:18   #33
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
I bet that's why Schoenfeld clearly says to buy locally. In Germany (last time I checked his company was located there) a bank transfer costs nothing (read that as 0 € per 100 €) for neither the seller nor the buyer, so it's pretty obviously the best choice.
Not entirely true. Private customers are treated that way by most German banks (so there is really a "free checking account" - something that many American banks advertise, but never actually offer).

Business customers are charged for every single transaction, and that's with evry German bank. There are some that offer "flat rates", but that's only a good deal if you have hundreds of transactions per week - I'm not in that range. I have just changed banks, because I've found one that doesn't charge a monthly fee, and only charges 0,13EUR per transaction (incoming and outgoing transactions). Since this is the lowest cost that I have found in Germany, I have to call it fair.

Jens
Old 06 August 2013, 00:10   #34
lost_loven

Sooooo Amigakit.. we need a x-surf ordering clicky thing to click on soon
Just sold my 3DO (sniff sniff loved that thing) to cover costs for this .. CAN'T WAIT
And usb future expansion .. WOOOT!

lost
Old 06 August 2013, 14:50   #35
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_loven View Post
Sooooo Amigakit.. we need a x-surf ordering clicky thing to click on soon
Yes, I had a look on the AmigaKit website to pre-order the new X-Surf, but was disappointed to find no mention of it even coming. I'd much prefer to pre-order from AmigaKit than Vesalia, being on the other side of the world and all.

Hopefully the AmigaKit staff are reading and can let us know what their plans are for the new X-Surf card.
Old 06 August 2013, 20:32   #36
Cymru

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
Yes, I had a look on the AmigaKit website to pre-order the new X-Surf, but was disappointed to find no mention of it even coming. I'd much prefer to pre-order from AmigaKit than Vesalia, being on the other side of the world and all.
And they are right-side up to boot!
Old 09 August 2013, 04:13   #37
lost_loven

Quote:

Hopefully the AmigaKit staff are reading and can let us know what their plans are for the new X-Surf card.
Agreed I like Amigakit too. They are fast and I have had no probs with shipping things to Canada But this is killing me checking their site every day and not seeing that order button. I need this card lol !!!

lost
Old 09 August 2013, 12:38   #38
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:

First I have heard about this card .
I have been away for two weeks though, so will ask about it and what the current pre-Order situation is.
Old 09 August 2013, 15:45   #39
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
First I have heard about this card .
Did you spit in Jens' breakfast cereal or something?!

Quote:
I have been away for two weeks though, so will ask about it and what the current pre-Order situation is.
Thanks - much appreciated! If you are able to stock it, then you can be assured of an order for the card + more from me.
Old 09 August 2013, 23:30   #40
amigakit.com

Thanks everyone!

We are working through the details for this new product- please watch this space.