English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

Old 07 June 2016, 21:09   #81
happymondays

Nice effort, mate. Guess most of the people here aren't that much into Goal, I do use your updates, though, but I am not a big Goal player myself. Keep it up!
Old 07 June 2016, 21:45   #82
Zak
Zap´em

Thank you
Old 14 June 2016, 23:23   #83
Zak
Zap´em

GOALnew26 is uploaded. I always hope that that´s it, but you don´t know what you find before you find it.
Old 01 November 2016, 20:24   #84
Fillo82

Hi Zak, I'm a huge Goal! fan and I just found out this board/thread by luck!

I'm playing the game under WinUAE 3.3.0 and I'd be really interested in making/sharing some more updates to the game (I did the complete Italian Serie A 2016/2017, fully updated to present day as you can see from the screenshots).

I'm not able to find your previous updates (into the zone?), are they still available? Is there a way to modify players skills as well?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	50708   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	50709   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	50710  

Old 02 November 2016, 01:38   #85
Zak
Zap´em

Hello Fillo82!

(Edit: the Zone! is emptied after 60 days, that said as explanation)

I uploaded my current GOALnew27.zip to the Zone! Zaraustra74 maybe could help me improve the Serie A but he has no time at the moment. So it´s still not complete.
My aim is to make a fully corrected version of Goal! With the original Goal! lineups in the right order as well as with lineups from real life (on data disk).
GOAL-zak-data.adf contains my other upgrades.

We also made a Champions League 2013/2014 those are the newest teams available.

I also uploaded the editing software for Goal! (GoalTrainer.zip)
It contains the trainer for editing player values, the tactics editor and the filesystem to patch the Goal! disks with it.

Oh, I will also upload the scheme to take over values from Pro Evolution soccer. So you will find 4 files in the Zone!

Glad to have a new member here!

Last edited by Zak; 02 November 2016 at 01:45.
Old 02 November 2016, 20:04   #86
Fillo82

Hi Zak, glad to see someone is still interested in this wonderful game after all these years!

That's a lot of stuff you did for the game actually, but I have a couple more questions:

- how do the trainer editor/patch procedure of the game work? Can it be run under Windows/compiled with a graphic UI without having to mess with dos/shell commands?

- what do you mean exactly by "correcting original Goal! lineups in the right order?" just update the lineups of the standard teams you can choose on the first screen or also add all other competitions like Bundesliga, Serie A, Premier League, Ligue 1, Nationals, etc. in separate save disks?

I actually have created a data disk (and uploaded it to the zone!) with up-to-date names/teams/shirts/coaches of the entire italian Serie A 2016 without editing any player value (since I didn't know how to do that I used already existing teams and other average-similar substitutes for the "newer" ones that do not appear in normal game like Crotone, Bologna, etc.). I've got to say it's been a good deal of work but I matched pretty well the skills/team strenght considering actual balance in our league.

Maybe we should find a common way to update the teams, I'd really like to bring the game back to full update to enjoy it at its best (and make it enjoyable to everyone else too, obviously) but, as I said, unfortunately I'm not very good with coding/command line programs.. do you think there's still hope for me to find a way to update the game?

Old 02 November 2016, 23:37   #87
Zak
Zap´em

Thank you for the Serie A update, I know it´s hard work. I don´t like to make up to date teams, I stay in 1992-93. Lolafg made a Premier League 2014 update, with not much resonance. And after only one year it´s old!

The Goal! trainer works under Amiga OS, I don´t know the requirements, I use it under Kickstart/Workbench 3.
It´s a bit silly to use, so you need a lot of time when you want to have precise results.

The ddfs (Dino Dini File System) works under the MS-DOS shell under Windows 10 with the use of ADF images. I used it to patch the first game disk with new lineups.
The lineups in original Goal! are all messed up, for example the playmaker plays in defense, the left back plays up front and so on; everything is mixed up. I wanted to change that which is hard, there are unknown players or players who can play multiple positions. Hard to understand how it was meant. I want to keep the original lineups, but with the players in the correct positions. All lineups make sense, but the players are swapped! (Edit: I work on all leagues available in Goal!, not just the European teams on the starting screen.)
I also used the ddfs to add a corrected German language file.

The tactics editor works under Windows, don´t know which version. I don´t use it regularly. I used it under Windows XP to correct the 4-3-3. The centre forward and the left winger are swapped in original 4-3-3. I changed that and also changed some obvious errors in the other tactics (while keeping the tactics as original as possible). Unfortunately you can´t use more than 4 tactics, so creating new tactics does not make sense.

I added a data disk to my GOALnew project to add lineups from real life, since the original Goal! lineups are not from real life. Again very difficult. 1992-93 is before the Internet was a big thing. I find it difficult to find information online. (Edit: I don´t update the teams, I want a 1992-93 version.)

Last edited by Zak; 02 November 2016 at 23:47.
Old 03 November 2016, 01:44   #88
Zak
Zap´em

Maybe I was to imprecise.
To use the Goal! trainer, unpack the lha file, start the Goal! trainer in Workbench. Then insert a data disk with teams. Load a league into the trainer and edit it. It has a GUI.

ddfs: upload your disk1 adf to the ddfs directory.
Change to the ddfs directory in DOS using cd command.
Type readdisk <diskname>.adf
You know have created a directory on the hard disk with all the Goal! files from your disk1 adf. You can exchange the files, for example insert other team files.
Then use writedisk to create an adf out of your changed directory again.

(You can get teamfiles if you use readdisk on your data disk.)

Patching a disk1 of Goal! will only work with a correct (uncracked) bootblock. You can use my GOALnew27-disk1 if nothing else works. It´s a version 1.1 Goal! Championship Cup Edition.

The tactics editor has a GUI in Windows. It´s fairly understandable and easy, I think.
Old 04 November 2016, 00:28   #89
Fillo82

Hi Zak, thanks for the precise suggestions!

I managed to get the trainer working and I've done some tests.. here's what I've got so far:

- my .adf data disk/file won't load/show up on the trainer while your files do (I'm using 1.1 Quartex version of Goal! and I've created my data disk with it)

- once you use the trainer and change a team name/player name/add or remove a player all of the players' order in the rosters (of ALL TEAMS, not just the ones belonging to the team you modified) will be instantly scrambled/randomly reordered (check the attachment to see what I mean)

Other than that the trainer seem to work pretty well (except for squad kits)

Disk patching with DDFS is a little bit over the edge for me now.. maybe if someone could figure out how to sort player lists/order issue it will be a very big starting improvement!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	before_changing.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	50730   Click image for larger version

Name:	after_changing.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	50731  

Old 04 November 2016, 01:00   #90
Zak
Zap´em

The problem is that league names are supposed to have 8 characters (letters) and no blank characters. You will also notice that you cannot save a cup or other data to your disk when you use more than 8 characters for your league names. I think if you use 8 characters, your files will show up in the trainer.

The reorder thing, yeah that´s silly, the players will be automatically sorted by alphabet beginning with the very first letter. You will have to reorder them manually the way you like once all of your work is done.

Last edited by Zak; 04 November 2016 at 01:06.
Old 05 November 2016, 11:15   #91
Fillo82

Thanks Zak, using 8 letters name for team file names works perfectly and now the editor is showing up them properly.

The only thing that I still don't understand is how to reorder the player rosters into the team files once you have opened/saved a team file with the trainer: do you think it's something that you should further modify directly into the .adf data disk?

In your opinion would there be a way of doing it with a non-amiga based editor for the team files (like the tactics editor, which runs on windows)?

It's so frustrating being so close of possibly update the whole game now for everybody and not knowing how to do it

Old 06 November 2016, 20:39   #92
Zak
Zap´em

I hope I understand what you meant. The only way to get your players sorted in the team rosters is to start Goal!, go into the teams and pick every player with the space key and release to it´s designated place. There is no other way. The tactics editor will not edit player names. It´s only to edit the tactic files like 4-3-3.tac.

Just do your work on the players´ values and when you edited all values and you are completed, then work on sorting the players in the end.

If there is single players to be inserted into your completed work, you can still edit them on a seperated disk and finally insert them into your main disk.
Old 06 November 2016, 23:25   #93
Fillo82

If you run the game without using the trainer to modify team files, all the players are displayed by their roles but if you edit a player/a team with the trainer, save the team file and reopen the game then all the players in that team will be ordered by alphabetical order (A.Johns, B.Smiths, C.White,etc.) instead of their role (Goalkeepers, Defenders, Midfielders, Forward).

I know it's only an appearance matter but I was wondering if:

- is there a way to have them displayed again by their role (as in the original version of the game)?

- is there a way to open/work on the team data files (*.tts) on .adf data disk (either with Workbench/Amiga-based or other Windows-based program) except the Goal! trainer?

Is there someone that could chime in about this?

Old 06 November 2016, 23:39   #94
Zak
Zap´em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillo82 View Post
- is there a way to have them displayed again by their role (as in the original version of the game)?
As I said, sort them manually. You must sort them on your own in the game. There is no tool that will do the work. The trainer will sort them by alphabet, you will need to resort the players after the trainer-work is done. In the game with the space-button.

You know like pointing with the mouse-pointer on a player (that has no number assigned), press space, point to a different spot in the team and press space again.

Quote:
- is there a way to open/work on the team data files (*.tts) on .adf data disk (either with Workbench/Amiga-based or other Windows-based program) except the Goal! trainer?
No. Not that I know of. Maybe StingRay knows a programmer´s tool to be used on it, but I do not know of any.

Last edited by Zak; 06 November 2016 at 23:52.
Old 26 February 2017, 11:52   #95
benvelor

Hi Zak,
i don't know if this is the right section, in case forgive me, please...

i read this thread by user frikilokooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by frikilokooo View Post
It's not really an addon but there is a team editor available but only for hard disk.Besides create or update team like the original game this editor allows change parameters of each player and more things...I can upload it to the zone.
i tried to contact him (even in other forums), but his last activity is several years ago

i ask if someone knows him and try to convice him to upload this editor in the zone again or if, better, someone has this and can upload it

thanks in advance and sorry for my english...
Old 26 February 2017, 20:42   #96
Zak
Zap´em

This sounds like the GOALtrainer (uploaded to the Zone!). You can edit the players´values with it and whether they are defender/midfielder/forward. I don´t know what else should be editable.
Old 27 February 2017, 16:42   #97
benvelor

thanks!!
i'll download and try
actually don't even knows how it is or work, but since I read that post, it draws my attenction
Goal! is still the best soccer game, imho, an editor should be great
thanks again
Old 27 February 2017, 18:35   #98
Fillo82

Hi guys, I'm still looking for someone to help me on my quest to find a way to modify the teams without screwing up all the players/team names.

I've made a little webpage with explanations on the above issue and other little things, maybe you want to check it out https://goalarchives.wordpress.com/

Should I find anything new on this matter I'll post here too

Old 27 February 2017, 18:42   #99
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Since the Goal! disks are NDOS (i.e the do not contain any "visible" files you can't copy the team data files using standard Amiga tools. I may have a look at extracting them once I'm bored enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvelor View Post
Goal! is still the best soccer game
Sure is!
Old 27 February 2017, 21:33   #100
Zak
Zap´em

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
Since the Goal! disks are NDOS (i.e the do not contain any "visible" files you can't copy the team data files using standard Amiga tools. I may have a look at extracting them once I'm bored enough.
You can use Dino Dini File System on Goal! data disks to retain the pure team files. But I don´t know what software to use to work on them.

@Fillo82: You only need to do the sorting work once for all teams, when your main editing work is done. When there are changes afterwards, it´s mostly only concerning few players. You can edit them on a seperate disk and insert them into the sorted disk.
That means I don´t see the problem. For the Champions League disk, we didn´t even do the sorting work. No one cared.