English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.AmigaOS

Old 01 May 2024, 17:07   #1
spacebiscuit

ButtonMenu Question

I'm working with a ButtonMenu archive that I am adjusting to make work with OS3.2.

There are a couple of menu items which don't work and furthermore I can't see how to edit then.

For example "Music" and "Programs" produce an error when clicked - "can't open associated file". If I open ButtonMenu and then "open" I don't see "Music" or "Programs" in the file list. However if I browse into the "Menus" drawer I see sub-menus which have the same "PopUp" icon that can be opened.

If I open "run2 in BM I can see that the command "BMX Music" is set for "music", other BMX commands work so I guess the problem must lie with that "music" file/icon?

So question is - how can I view the commands for those "music" and "program" icons to see why they don't work?

Thanks.

Last edited by spacebiscuit; 01 May 2024 at 17:19.
Old 01 May 2024, 17:41   #2
AMIGASYSTEM

The Files "Music"and "Programs" in ClassicWB are located in the path: SYS:System/BMenu

"Music" or "Programs" are files saved by BootMenu, inside you will find the program to be executed, its path.
Old 01 May 2024, 19:01   #3
spacebiscuit

Thanks, as mentioned when I used "open" in BM the broken items such as "Music" and "Programs" weren't available options.

So I copied the files form Classic WB 68k, the prompt asked if I wanted to replace existing, after that I could see and open the files.

Maybe a permissions issue?