English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 28 July 2003, 17:26   #1
TheBoss

Send a message via ICQ to TheBoss
ACE June 1991 Letters!

Oh man I just read a bit in my old mags which I haven't done in ages. Anyway I stumbled on this article in ACE under the user submitted letter... Again the old topic Amiga vs PC comes forth and I soo remember when this started to happen a lot! Wakes up some memories, ahh amiga rules

I scanned it and its over 400Kb so I added it as a link so chose save as for those of you with slow connections. You probably need to zoom a bit in to see the text correctly.
ACE June 1991 Page 15 (better version now)
ACE June 1991 Page 16
ACE June 1991 Page 17

Last edited by TheBoss; 30 July 2003 at 15:24.
Old 28 July 2003, 17:41   #2
jmmijo

Nice, thanks.

I see by your avatar you're a Cowboy Bebop fan
Old 28 July 2003, 18:03   #3
TheBoss

Yes your right J I got the hole collection and I think its one of the best anime series ever made.
Your also interested in animes then? If so then you should visit the biggest anime forum www.noated.com , where I'm actually a moderator on
Old 28 July 2003, 18:41   #4
jmmijo

Nice, I've been looking at that series as well. I'm primarialy into Hentai as I have both the Overfiend and La Blue Girl series but I also like Akira, Ninja Scroll, Genocyber, etc....
Old 28 July 2003, 19:49   #5
TheBoss

Oh okay im not into hentai stuff so cant help you with that, lol.
I also like anime series like Ah My Goddess and Excel Saga You should check them out if you ever get the time
Old 28 July 2003, 20:23   #6
ant512

I think the letter on the right, "Cart Tricks", is more interesting. The letter complains about the lack of decent new games for the Mega Drive, and the writer asks for a "compilation of old ULTIMATE games or HEWSON games".

We still have the same situation, but modern gamers want ports of old Mega Drive games for their GBAs...
Old 28 July 2003, 20:54   #7
TheBoss

Thats what's nice with those latters is that there is always alot of interesting stuff Since you like the read, I uploaded the rest of the 2 pages from the mag. I hope you enjoy some more reading
Old 28 July 2003, 21:11   #8
Frootloop

Stick out tongue Nice

Nice letter. I disagree that his 286 system is better than any Amiga of the time. But around that time the PC started to get some good games like the aforementioned Sierra game and Wing Commander. (I so wanted that for the Amiga!)

Unfortunately the PC got better and better after that and did become a better system technically for games. But great graphics don't make a game great so the Amiga still had a lot of cool stuff. But I remember drooling over Doom and wishing so much we could get something like that on the Amiga. I'd download all the latest 3D engine attempts off Aminet but nothing ever came close, except maybe Gloom and Breathless.

Addition: And Alien Breed 3D? I admit I haven't played it, but I know many people swear by it.
Old 29 July 2003, 12:33   #9
TheBoss

Alien Breed 3D on the the Amiga CD32 was damn pixilated though:hoo
Old 29 July 2003, 19:24   #10
lordsnooty

Re: Nice

Quote:
Originally posted by Frootloop
[B]Nice letter. I disagree that his 286 system is better than any Amiga of the time. But around that time the PC started to get some good games like the aforementioned Sierra game and Wing Commander. (I so wanted that for the Amiga!)
The idea that a 286 PC is as good as an A500 is nothing short of laughable. The complete lack of any custom chips made the PC a sorry beast indeed.

And Wing Commander wasn't bad on the Amiga either, especially the AGA version. It was only Wings in space, after all.