English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 24 April 2024, 21:55   #21
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

One of those games where I wish we could look into the kitchen as it was being developed. Something tells me the level designers grew horns at some point.
Old 25 April 2024, 15:22   #22
rygar

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoniac View Post
Room #75 (the room next to the where the player starts for Level 4) is connected by a locked door.

I'm not certain if the following clue is for it or something else.

These rooms aren't necessary as the solutions and longplays all skip them. 94% completion is the max so far.
In this solution someone also thinks the clue in book is for "Room #75":
https://www.cheatbook.de/wfiles/w0121.htm
Old 25 April 2024, 18:37   #23
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
only
the complete solutions to levels 1, 2, and 4 are provided
There's a complete walkthrough, I think whdload installer includes one.

I think that I'll create a cheat to unlock all doors if I can. Would be fantastic in retrospec. Kroah provided me the full RE so info is more accessible.
Old 25 April 2024, 20:03   #24
demoniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rygar View Post
In this solution someone also thinks the clue in book is for "Room #75":
https://www.cheatbook.de/wfiles/w0121.htm
Thanks for that -- I didn't see this walkthrough before.

The said passage in the walkthough is:

"A few points unsolved sofar: the use (if any) of those four quartz rocks I found earlier, getting into the room to the east of where you entered the level, and the final cryptic message in a book: in the North East tower the lever brings great rewards (might be the room to the east of where you started which I haven't got into yet)."

Last edited by demoniac; 25 April 2024 at 20:09.
Old 25 April 2024, 20:09   #25
demoniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
I think that I'll create a cheat to unlock all doors if I can. Would be fantastic in retrospec. Kroah provided me the full RE so info is more accessible.
Ha, I guess you were joking about it being cheating if one could get into rooms by stacking objects. I'm interested in the cheat if you figure it out. I could probably apply to my memory or something. I wanted to attempt to beat the game properly before resorting forcing the door open using disassembly.
Old 25 April 2024, 22:51   #26
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoniac View Post
Ha, I guess you were joking about it being cheating if one could get into rooms by stacking objects.

I wasn't joking. You can bypass some puzzles by stacking objects in the same room (sometimes leading to dead ends because the puzzle is only half solved) but never to pass through the outer walls to another room. That would be cheating as door keys are often difficult to obtain.

Quote:

I'm interested in the cheat if you figure it out. I could probably apply to my memory or something. I wanted to attempt to beat the game properly before resorting forcing the door open using disassembly.

Yes, that would be cheating, but just to check if it's a bogus passage or if it's legit.
Old 26 April 2024, 07:46   #27
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
[...] Yes, that would be cheating, but just to check if it's a bogus passage or if it's legit.
If you have the RE, wouldn't checking how can the door be open preferable ?
Old 26 April 2024, 09:46   #28
jotd
This cat is no more

well, if the level editor doesn't give away the information, I doubt that the code will

the game uses a kind of virtual machine / abstraction language called ACL, puzzles aren't coded directly, like most of adventure games (Sierra, Lucas)
Old 27 April 2024, 08:17   #29
demoniac

Quote:
Still mysteries in this great game I see
At best I could get 95% completion rate for Level 4, which is 1% more than the longplays.
Old 01 May 2024, 22:49   #30
demoniac

Likewise for Level 5, I only was able to get 95% completion.

One room, Room #40 (Pit), I could enter and it'll add 2% to the completeness, but there's no way to exit as far I'm aware of without dying.

Old 01 May 2024, 22:54   #31
demoniac

Another mystery is this key:

Is it meant to open the south door of the Great Tower (Room #0)?

Old 01 May 2024, 22:56   #32
demoniac

According to the Cadaver Viewer, Room #47 is that room.

Old 01 May 2024, 23:08   #33
jotd
This cat is no more

you probably solved the mystery: completion percentage is probably related to the number of rooms entered. Some rooms are not reachable or pits (where you can't escape and die), so it's not possible to do 100%. Devious.
Old 01 May 2024, 23:18   #34
demoniac

Another mystery room (Room #51) is north of Room #50, where one ends up after jumping into the middle pit after defeating Dianos. One can attempt to run to the door before the final score shows, but the door is locked. Is it supposed to be accessible somehow?

Room #50

Room #51
Old 01 May 2024, 23:29   #35
demoniac

Quote:
you probably solved the mystery: completion percentage is probably related to the number of rooms entered. Some rooms are not reachable or pits (where you can't escape and die), so it's not possible to do 100%. Devious.
The number of rooms entered directly correlates to completion value. As one jumps into the final pit after defeating Dianos, 2 more pits were accessed and increases one's score by 4%. In my case, increased completion from 91% to 95%.

I believe one can reach 99% for all levels (not enough space for three digits for 100%). I think undiscovered hidden bonuses on Levels 4 and 5 are the reasons why I'm not getting 99% completion for them.

Steve Kelly wrote in his solution, "There are several hidden bonuses that can be achieved in all the levels, including a special way of killing Dianos. These bonuses will considerably boost your score."

Interestingly, I noticed from a longplay that killing Dianos using magic missles didn't change experience given. Thus, there might be another way as per the bonus that he mentioned. Perhaps that opens Room #51?

This seems possible as it leaves Room #47 as the other room that could be opened, which will increase one's score by another 4%. And in my case, pushing completion to 99%.

Last edited by demoniac; 01 May 2024 at 23:34.
Old 02 May 2024, 00:15   #36
jotd
This cat is no more

this door probably symbolizes the exit from the game. The game can't make you end the game in a room without any exit. The room behind seems to be a dead end and without anything special.

The game has got to end anyway. I don't think there's more to the game after you defeated the final boss.
Old 02 May 2024, 01:08   #37
demoniac

Quote:
this door probably symbolizes the exit from the game.
I could see this possibility as well even though the final score shows up after some clock cycles.

The unused key is a remaining mystery. Steve Kelly's solution says to pick it up, but is never mentioned again.