English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 22 January 2018, 10:31   #41
JLPedro
JLPedro

2018 is starting really well for us Amiga lovers, first SimonV with is amazing work preserving the full BS1 collection and now DamienD with is Winuae collection , I feel spoiled!

Just had time to a quick look and must say I won't change a thing to it, it's perfect for me also, love the screenshots and title screen right next to the games list, just found a hand full of games that I never did bothered to look at, and a few more I didn't even knew about (mostly unreleased stuff) so just for this very good!

Truly apreciated the efort of this and the sharing with us
Old 22 January 2018, 11:19   #42
DamienD
Banned

No problem JLPedro, thanks for your initial feedback

Enjoy!!!
Old 22 January 2018, 19:16   #43
Khenemet_Heru

Really love this, I had foolishly let my forum account get pruned but then I heard about this and had to re-register to say thanks and beg to check it out!

Old 22 January 2018, 19:22   #44
Mobeous

Would love to have a copy of this when you make it available to download. Amiga was my favourite computer of all time. Currently have Amikit installed on my PC and Amiga Forever but this package of yours looks awesome

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
Old 22 January 2018, 19:23   #45
Decypher

This is really exciting news, I'm looking forward to install your collection DamienD!

Even though I have several collections installed your awesome collection will be my first choice whenever I want to enjoy some good old floppy loading with actual intro/cracktros. Not to mention those custom HDFs

Thank you very much for the time you put into this.
Old 22 January 2018, 19:33   #46
DamienD
Banned

...should have done this in the beginning; 1st post of the thread updated with some images of how things look

@all trying to PM; be pateient, I'm clearing through one at a time
Old 22 January 2018, 19:35   #47
calculon

Yeah, me toooooooooooooooo! Give it to papaaaaaaaaaaa!

Old 22 January 2018, 19:35   #48
nicksak

Long time Amiga fan/owner, first time poster. Thanks DamienD for all your hard work. What a fantastic effort to keep all these wonderful memories alive. Tons of respect.

Old 22 January 2018, 20:08   #49
Viceroy

More brilliant amiga news, what a great start to 2018, many thanks DamienD ;-)
Old 22 January 2018, 20:16   #50
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

I had a falling out with EAB and yet I bring a flood of new members to the forum..

Such is life eh DamienD
Old 22 January 2018, 20:18   #51
DamienD
Banned

Guys, please don't fill this thread with:

Trying to PM you but your Inbox is full / how do I get links?

This thread is for thoughts / discussion after you've played around with my collection

Anyway, deleting any posts like that now from the thread.

You know what to do, PM me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
I had a falling out with EAB and yet I bring a flood of new members to the forum..

Such is life eh DamienD
LOL; and making moderation difficult for me as I'm too busy answering PMs ATM
Old 22 January 2018, 21:09   #52
dirkies
Zone Friend

are you open that I put a mirror on Rapidgator? Coz I'm interested in this too but willing to give some love back to the community
Old 22 January 2018, 21:14   #53
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkies View Post
are you open that I put a mirror on Rapidgator? Coz I'm interested in this too but willing to give some love back to the community
No, I can't as there are some .IPF files in the collection... same reason why I can't host on the EAB File Server

To anyone that has been given the links, don't post anywhere else. Please respect my request.
Old 22 January 2018, 21:24   #54
seuden
uber cool demi god

Will this run from a removable storage device ie USB or SD Card?
Old 22 January 2018, 21:34   #55
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seuden View Post
Will this run from a removable storage device ie USB or SD Card?
That's a very good question my friend

...just checked the "registry" settings and; as I've used "relative paths"; why yes. Yes it should

Also checked my configuration files and they also use "relative paths" for game locations / files, KS ROMs etc.

You will still need to run my "Setup.exe" file and then move "C:\WinUAE" to the desired removable storage device.

Anyway, do test and report back
Old 22 January 2018, 21:45   #56
ronints

I am a long time Amiga user, got my Amiga 1000 in 1986, I have most of my collection complete but would love to have access to your collection as it would reduce a lot of the hassle it seems of setting up games etc. Can you please PM me if possible? Regardless you are doing great work for the Amiga community...Thanks

Old 22 January 2018, 22:15   #57
seuden
uber cool demi god

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
That's a very good question my friend

...just checked the "registry" settings and; as I've used "relative paths"; why yes. Yes it should

Also checked my configuration files and they also use "relative paths" for game locations / files, KS ROMs etc.

You will still need to run my "Setup.exe" file and then move "C:\WinUAE" to the desired removable storage device.

Anyway, do test and report back
Awesome stuff. Can't wait to get my teeth into this.
Old 22 January 2018, 22:22   #58
DamienD
Banned

...what have I done; shite has gone viral. The Mega.nz severs won't hold up!!!

I knew sending uber retro blogger Neil79 a copy, as I thought he'd appreciate, was a bad idea. Hahahahaha

Nah, all good. What's the point of doing a project this big and for this long if you are not going to share it with the remaining Amiga community that still matter and keep dreams alive???

...absolutely nothing.

Enjoy and please drop feedback if you can!!!
Old 22 January 2018, 22:29   #59
DamienD
Banned

I've been receiving loads of nice PMs

...I'll share one; hope you don't mind Enrico?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enridzz
Ciao DamienD,

this evening my attention was caught by a post in FB on the page "psygnosis-Fanpage" announcing the Damiend's WinUae Collection, so here I am. I'm from Italy, Venice, i'm 46 and I'm in love with everything concerns retro game but expecially Commodore's things, Amiga and c64 most of all. My brother and I spent hours/days of our lives playing dozens of funny, fantastic games and of course now everything that reminds me or may recall that funny period is inside my computer...It's not the same thing, doesn't make me feel the same way, of course, but the GameBase Collection (huge and complete of most the published collections), AmiKit, Amiga Forever (with a Clone copy of my old amiga hdd) gives some fun to me and my three kids, say 2... the older is becoming "too old"... "Unfortunately" my job takes the majority of my time, the remaining is for my family but whenever I can I always try to re organize and then play with my archive, but I thing you did it much better...
This long, sorry, presentation is because I would like to ask you if I can be honoured to have the chance, or how to get the chance to download your incredible work and in case, I need to know if I have to keep that only for me, which I suppose the answer is yes.

Thanks for the chance, any answer willl be appreciated, positive or negative.

Thanks a lot,
goodnight,
Enrico

ps. please forgive my english
Old 22 January 2018, 22:32   #60
zlhysong

Joined just to message you. I've been wanting to get into the Amiga more these days, from gaming to developing (just because), so this is a godsend. I PM'd you a bit ago, but thank you for this!