English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 07 June 2022, 15:25   #281
blade002
Zone Friend

I've heard it can be bought at certain select Newsagents here in Australia. I've call around quite a bit, I'd really like to know where because as far as I'm concerned it's all a Myth?
Old 07 June 2022, 18:58   #282
qupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
Any chance the Magazine could be shipped in a plastic bag (similar to RetroGamer). I just received a very soggy issue #12 that is unfortunately destined for recycling.... I have placed another order to replace it, but would like to avoid this situation in the future. Thx
My Retrogamers always come in paper envelopes and damaged, especially when it rains. The Wipeout issue was like a dog had got hold of it and then the replacement isn't the subscriber cover.

Sega Mania Magazine use a thin sleeve and that seems to be good.
Old 08 June 2022, 01:54   #283
PixelsAtDawn
Amiga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002 View Post
I've heard it can be bought at certain select Newsagents here in Australia. I've call around quite a bit, I'd really like to know where because as far as I'm concerned it's all a Myth?
Sorry blade002 - thanks for looking. Unfortunately we've only been able to get very vague information out of our distributors at present (which I know doesn't help at all). We only have the specifics for stores inside the UK, but we're pushing with our contacts to find out more, because we haven't seen any evidence of copies on sale outside the UK yet either. Please bear with us - we're frustrated too!
Old 08 June 2022, 04:11   #284
Rod_cl
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to Rod_cl
My Amiga Addict experience

Hi ...
following the topic, i can say that have all the Amiga Addict issues and i'm waiting for issue 12 now. I've received all of them directly at my door and i live in Santiago, Chile. Of course a months later as you guys in the UK but all of them but the binder in perfect shape.
I'm totally satisfied with the magazine and finally i subscribed. I still can remember the 90s when i received CU Amiga and i could wait to know when it will arrived. Of course now everything works faster and the world feels smaller for almost everything.

I still look for my new Amiga Addict magazine everyday when i guess it should arrive.
Best Regards

Rodrigo
Old 08 June 2022, 11:31   #285
PixelsAtDawn
Amiga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod_cl View Post
Hi ...
following the topic, i can say that have all the Amiga Addict issues and i'm waiting for issue 12 now. I've received all of them directly at my door and i live in Santiago, Chile. Of course a months later as you guys in the UK but all of them but the binder in perfect shape.
I'm totally satisfied with the magazine and finally i subscribed. I still can remember the 90s when i received CU Amiga and i could wait to know when it will arrived. Of course now everything works faster and the world feels smaller for almost everything.

I still look for my new Amiga Addict magazine everyday when i guess it should arrive.
Best Regards

Rodrigo
Thanks for your kind comments Rodrigo, and thanks for subscribing. It's very strange for us to think of our little magazine in people's houses thousands of miles away across the globe!
Old 19 June 2022, 03:03   #286
PixelsAtDawn
Amiga Addict

It's that time again - Issue 13 of Amiga Addict is now on sale. This issue we get deep down in the tech with a complete feature on accelerators for your A1200, old and new. We also spend some time with modern Amiga devs around the community to see how their amazing projects are going. h0ffman provides us with this issue's exclusive coverdisk, as well as being responsible for the much-lauded return of our Demoscene section. We talk to CU Amiga legend Tony Horgan about his days on the magazine, while Ravi looks at MorphOS and we sum up both the AmiGameJam and the Amiga Art Contest. And as always, much, much more besides in our 60 glossy A4 pages!

You can order a copy on our site https://www.addict.media from today, or in stores from 30th June.

And remember - for those of you that took out a 12 issue subscription from Issue 1 - it's now time to renew your subscription at the Amiga Addict store!

Old 29 July 2022, 14:37   #287
PixelsAtDawn
Amiga Addict

Issue 14 of Amiga Addict is now on sale for all lovers of good printed media. This issue we focus in on Core Design, a prolific producer of Amiga games back in the day, speaking to many of the people around at the time. We look at brand new game Duckstroma and newly unearthed 90s game Riamel: Black Prophecy. And with a Public Domain feature by Matthew Smith and a full on C programming tutorial to sink your teeth into, we think it's a great read!

Available as always from our site, or in stores from 11th August.

Last edited by PixelsAtDawn; 12 September 2022 at 16:12.
Old 02 September 2022, 15:53   #288
Drittz78

It's brilliant to see some Amiga magazines in WHSmiths these days. Really takes me back to my childhood.
Old 12 September 2022, 20:31   #289
PixelsAtDawn
Amiga Addict

Somehow it is already our 15th issue, now on sale at https://addict.media. This issue I've been speaking to alumni from the UK's foremost Amiga productivity software purveyor, Digita International. Black Dawn Technomage gets a full review and we have a whole bunch of game previews from CyberPunks 2 to Scourge of the Underkind and Guardian - The Legend of Flaming Sword. Top that off with a deep dive into Vista Pro animation and a good chat about Amiga assembly, and I think there's a little something for everyone.

In stores from 22nd September, or get it right now directly from us!

Old 16 September 2022, 22:01   #290
LuMan
Amigan - an' lovin' it!!

Loved Issue 14!! The C Tutorial was a fantastic throwback to the days of type-ins and I read each line like it was 1983!!

I'm in Peterborough on the 22nd, so will hit WHSmith to see if it's there. If not, my local WHSmith will have a copy.

Keep 'em coming!!
Old 18 September 2022, 18:25   #291
PixelsAtDawn
Amiga Addict

We'll do our best to I arranged a follow-up to the C tutorial yesterday, so I'm glad you liked it!
Old 22 September 2022, 10:19   #292
torturedutopian

Thumbs up ! Got addicted
Old 22 September 2022, 12:25   #293
Pyromania

@PixelsAtDawn

Thanx for the info, ordered. I also ordered one of your nice metal water bottles. Please keep adding more merch for Amiga fans to buy if possible.

Old 22 September 2022, 12:26   #294
PixelsAtDawn
Amiga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
@PixelsAtDawn

Thanx for the info, ordered. I also ordered one of your nice metal water bottles. Please keep adding more merch for Amiga fans to buy if possible.

Thanks! We always have merch ideas in the works
Old 23 September 2022, 12:39   #295
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

Great mag as always and thanks again for the feature on CyberPunks 2 in the latest issue
Old 25 September 2022, 16:56   #296
Crumpster

Latest issue turned up Friday for me. Thanks, it’s always a good read and it’s great to have an Amiga mag back on the shelves again.

I liked the feature on Digita, and the matching coverdisk sticker. Got me wanting to play around with Wordworth again. Had the Wordworth 6 Office CD.
I’ve also got a boxed copy of Home Accounts 2 somewhere, should dig that out too.
Old 25 September 2022, 17:07   #297
stobros

Great mag indeed.
Old 25 September 2022, 18:01   #298
PixelsAtDawn
Amiga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpster View Post
Latest issue turned up Friday for me. Thanks, it’s always a good read and it’s great to have an Amiga mag back on the shelves again.

I liked the feature on Digita, and the matching coverdisk sticker. Got me wanting to play around with Wordworth again. Had the Wordworth 6 Office CD.
I’ve also got a boxed copy of Home Accounts 2 somewhere, should dig that out too.
You should! I had a great time loading up Wordworth again
Old 25 September 2022, 19:38   #299
Havie

Another enjoyable read! Although after having WW6, I went to the darkside and gor Final Writer!
Old 26 September 2022, 20:58   #300
LuMan
Amigan - an' lovin' it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuMan View Post
I'm in Peterborough on the 22nd, so will hit WHSmith to see if it's there. If not, my local WHSmith will have a copy.
Well, WHSmith in Peterborough didn't have one in stock, unless they just hadn't got to putting them out when I went in about lunchtime...

I dropped into my local WHSmith and that didn't have one either...

Of course, they could both have sold out