English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.AmigaOS

Old 16 July 2022, 02:58   #1
Paul566

Surf Squirrel and OS 3.2

Hi All,

Have a 1200HD with a TF1230 128mb fast ram, AGA Mk3, Bifrost Heimdall Ed all in a blue case.

Have recently managed to get hold of a boxed surf squirrel.

Installed the software and drivers then my OS3.2 wouldnt load. Recovered back to an earlier build and searched relentlessly to find out why on forums.

Anyone got any ideas how i get this working.. Have a SCSI External CD drive to go with it.

Always wanted a CD drive on my Amiga as a kid and now have the stuff for it but lacking the know how to get it working.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Also on a a side note i constantly get issues with WHD load saying i dont have the correct kickstarts. Where do i get them all from ? I have Amiga forever and have tried putting those in the kickstart directory in Devs but nothing.
Old 16 July 2022, 03:47   #2
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul566 View Post
Hi All,

Have a 1200HD with a TF1230 128mb fast ram, AGA Mk3, Bifrost Heimdall Ed all in a blue case.

Have recently managed to get hold of a boxed surf squirrel.

Installed the software and drivers then my OS3.2 wouldnt load. Recovered back to an earlier build and searched relentlessly to find out why on forums.

Anyone got any ideas how i get this working.. Have a SCSI External CD drive to go with it.

Always wanted a CD drive on my Amiga as a kid and now have the stuff for it but lacking the know how to get it working.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Also on a a side note i constantly get issues with WHD load saying i dont have the correct kickstarts. Where do i get them all from ? I have Amiga forever and have tried putting those in the kickstart directory in Devs but nothing.
Hmmmm…. Looks like a 3.2 compatibility issue. I believe IDEFIX 97’ also suffers due to the newer ROMs. Do you own 3.1.4 or 3.1 ROMs to try?

As for Whdload Kiclstarts. Then I managed to get these from a ClassicWB install.
Old 16 July 2022, 20:22   #3
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Quote:
From memory I'm pretty sure the squirrel installation script makes assumptions about the version of AmigaOS you are using and pretty much clobbers your system files and startup-sequence as a result.

If you open the installation script and have a look, you should be able to suss it from there - it's the squirrel specific files you want to copy to your working installation, if it looks like you're going to overwrite any part of your 3.2 install don't do it without having a good check.

Feel free to post it in this thread if you want us to take a look.

Quote:
They are fairly specific versions, and you need the matching RTB files too, see:
http://www.whdload.de/docs/en/need.html