English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 29 May 2018, 11:14   #21
ross
Defendit numerus

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
Great stuff

So where to from here? Are you interested in patching the ADF with the stuff on the special edition, or..?
Yep
1st step, remake from scratch loading/packing system
2nd step, insert all the girv whdload goodies (phew.. are so many!)
3rd step, special edition route (and here i've to discuss something with you )
4th step, a little intro/cracktro as a main selector
5th (optional) step, an updated whdload slave that support this ADF

But considering all the pending stuff I've..
Old 30 September 2019, 22:18   #22
macce2
Retro maniac

So, ApidyaSE floppy ( adfs) version does exist ?!
Please, upload to the Z !
Old 30 September 2019, 22:23   #23
ross
Defendit numerus

Quote:
Originally Posted by macce2 View Post
So, ApidyaSE floppy ( adfs) version does exist ?!
Please, upload to the Z !
Only in my mind
Old 01 October 2019, 00:12   #24
macce2
Retro maniac

Sorry for not reading the thread properly throughly.
Sure, I do appreciate the work, anyway.
Ahh, summer on my screen; Finnish autumn ( awful) outside..
Old 07 July 2022, 06:28   #25
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

I am playing through Apidya since yesterday, this thread made me understand the difference between "Pad" and "Joystck" (i.e. none) and why saving options never work for me

I doubt anyone cares by now, but the best way to implement autofire on Apidya would keep it the way Earok did with the button holding, but the charged shot actually charge when you stop firing. It would not affect the game difficulty and pretty much still work nearly the same way. I haven't played this SE version (I unfortunately would need an ADF version ), but I bet it really gets a lot easier. Being able to charge your shot while still firing will make a lot of patterns a much easier (even more when you die and are trying to recover underpowered on later levels, you REALLY need to rely on the charged shot... if you keep firing while charging it would make recoverying from a death a lot easier, and kinda... cheating indeed )

Though I do like the way the game is designed without autofire, it reminds me of one of my fav classic shmup, Star Force. You will keep pressing the button at a steady rate most of the time, but will press it faster when you want to do a lot of damage at close range. Of course the fact the controller I use is VERY comfortable to do that is definitely a plus, I really wouldn't like to do it with a Competition Pro or a Quickshot Python.

And the game does have a few bugs I've found, which would be nice if they could get corrected. First, you can't activate a weapon while holding the button for the charge shot (From what I tested, with the 2nd button it just doesn't respond, with space bar it will activate when you release the button). Also the fact you can enter the mouth of the fish boss of world 2 after it dies, and when you get back you have to KILL IT AGAIN it's really stupid and I really feel it's a bug (even more because when you come back, you can see the explosions but the boss comes back). The 2nd secret level (world 1-2 inside the mole "lair") can be activated before the bonus stops counting. If you swap disks, lose all your lives at the 3rd boss and continue, the game will ask you to swap disks again so you get back to World 3-1... and if you were playing with the 2nd button activated, it won't work anymore. At first I thought the game would load the options again, but then I think the default "Auto" option would be activated, and that's not the case.

I also could never understand what's the point of the World 3-1 secret level. I played it for a while, the patterns were already repeating... and nothing happens. You don't get any extra points, nothing. Anyone has got to a point on this level where something happens? Also I noticed when you play this level, when you start World 3-2, whatever weapon you have highlighted will be activated, which is really annoying (and adding the fact you need to swap disks for this level, I never bother activating)

I know there's a secret level which is on the game but can never be activated also due to a bug.

Last edited by Shatterhand; 07 July 2022 at 07:43.