English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 18 May 2019, 18:31   #61
Glen M

In this week's video we finish off the Olivetti and run a few benchmarks. The cave is getting a bit of a redecoration at present and with thanks to Mark from Vision on Vinyl we have some cool stickers.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 18 May 2019, 18:40   #62
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Well Produced Videos I Must say :-) I just Finished up Watching Part 3. Just Favourited the Vision on Vinyl Shop I have been Looking for Decals of that Quality for a While.

I am investing in a Camera and Microphone so I Can start making my Own Videos and if you are Interested in adding any Input I will be Making the First Video all about how Socket 478 Can make Ideal Cheap Dos/Windows 98 Machines with the Right Parts.

I can see you becoming Very Successful on YouTube, Your Passionate about what you do and that's Great in my Eyes! Keep it up it is Much Appreciated by Tech-Geeks like Me :-)
Old 18 May 2019, 19:54   #63
Glen M

Thanks for the kind words.

I have 2 old pentium 4 machines in the garage that need some work so a windows 98 rig may be a good option although I have a nice pentium 2 rig begging for a tidy up and windows 98 setup.

Next week I'll be starting into a new Amiga project so stay tuned for that.

My best advice for starting out and cameras etc is to use your phone. I spent a fair few pound on cameras and webcam etc but for the last while I've just been using my phone to record with at 1080p and its the best quality I have ever produced. Heck it can do 4K but my pc isn't powerful enough to edit at those resolutions. Get yourself a tripod, a mount for the phone and if you want an external microphone.
Old 19 May 2019, 00:31   #64
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen M View Post
Thanks for the kind words.

I have 2 old pentium 4 machines in the garage that need some work so a windows 98 rig may be a good option although I have a nice pentium 2 rig begging for a tidy up and windows 98 setup.

Next week I'll be starting into a new Amiga project so stay tuned for that.

My best advice for starting out and cameras etc is to use your phone. I spent a fair few pound on cameras and webcam etc but for the last while I've just been using my phone to record with at 1080p and its the best quality I have ever produced. Heck it can do 4K but my pc isn't powerful enough to edit at those resolutions. Get yourself a tripod, a mount for the phone and if you want an external microphone.
Thank you Very Much on the Advice I have a Samsung Galaxy J5 would this Suffice for Recording? I do Believe I already have a Tripod Somewhere so it would just be External Mic. I Really want to Partition the Drive on my Asus 478 Rig so that I have Xp as Well as 98SE, but have yet to Find a Partition Manager for Windows 98. F Disk is Far too Native to Set the Drive up to how I would like it to be to get this to Work, and I have no Means of External IDE Connection for my New PC. Amiga has Fascinated me ever Since I could Walk and Talk so I Will Stay tuned for that. I had a A500 with a TF530 but Recently Sold it Due to Relocation and Just Kept my A1200 :-) I hope to see a Possible Video on the P4's in the Future Maybe and what you have Planned for them? I got too Many Bits here as well so if ever you are Struggling to Find anything I may be worth a Try haha :-)
Old 25 May 2019, 20:21   #65
Glen M

In this weeks video we take a look at a wireless joystick from the 80's

Unboxing, tear down, repair (yes its faulty) and test.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 31 May 2019, 14:25   #66
Glen M

A little milestone for CRG today as my cd32 accelerator comparison video has rolled over 1000 views. Massive thanks to those that watch it and continue to support the channel. Just need to get views up on the rest
Old 31 May 2019, 15:54   #67
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
A little milestone for CRG today as my cd32 accelerator comparison video has rolled over 1000 views. Massive thanks to those that watch it and continue to support the channel. Just need to get views up on the rest
Well done Big Achievement I will continue to Watch all of your Videos as your Content is Great
Old 01 June 2019, 21:56   #68
Glen M

In this weeks video we attempt overclocking the Olivetti 386. Can we get it to 20 or even 25mhz???

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 08 June 2019, 14:46   #69
Glen M

Just a quick video this week as I'm not feeling the best.

I recently picked up a new system but it has one very loud, noisy, rough sounding hard drive...

Next week will be back to the usual stuff where we will start building an Amiga Arcade all in one thing. You'll understand when you see it. (that was this weekends plan but meh I'm not well).

Sorry for the quick and pointless video...

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 08 June 2019, 19:13   #70
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Cool Machine :-)
Old 23 June 2019, 19:27   #71
Glen M

In this weeks video we start looking at a new Amiga Arcade controller project by taking a look at the hardware we need and finishing up the design in CAD.

The controller will be for 2 players and to make life easier for some games we are also going to incorporate a trackball.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 08 July 2019, 14:16   #72
Glen M

I haven't been able to make a video the last couple of weeks due to a family emergency. Without going into details my eldery father in law has broken his leg.

The Amiga Arcade controller progress is coming along nicely and I've finally got the MDF cut.

All being well I'll be back this weekend and we'll be putting this controller together for testing.
Old 08 July 2019, 17:57   #73
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
I haven't been able to make a video the last couple of weeks due to a family emergency. Without going into details my eldery father in law has broken his leg.

The Amiga Arcade controller progress is coming along nicely and I've finally got the MDF cut.

All being well I'll be back this weekend and we'll be putting this controller together for testing.
Hope all is ok Buddy Unfortunate set of Events, Looking forward to this Controller Board it has Intrigued me :-) Would it be Doable for a A1200?
Old 15 July 2019, 13:28   #74
Glen M

Nathanm1991 - The controller is fully compatible with the CD32 joypad so would work with any Amiga.

In part 2 of our Amiga Arcade Controller build we install the buttons and joysticks, assemble the AmiArcade board and put it to the test.

[ Show youtube player ]

Part 3 will be installing the trackball as I didn't have time to get it all into this video.
Old 20 July 2019, 16:28   #75
Glen M

Well I didn't get a video out mid week after all because this turned into a serious pain to get working so in this weeks video Amiga Arcade Controller Part 3 we install the mouse trackball, KMTech switcher and eventually get it working...

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 23 July 2019, 01:14   #76
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
Nathanm1991 - The controller is fully compatible with the CD32 joypad so would work with any Amiga.

In part 2 of our Amiga Arcade Controller build we install the buttons and joysticks, assemble the AmiArcade board and put it to the test.

[ Show youtube player ]

Part 3 will be installing the trackball as I didn't have time to get it all into this video.
ooooo Intriguing :-) I want one!
Old 23 July 2019, 13:38   #77
Glen M

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanm1991 View Post
ooooo Intriguing :-) I want one!
After the ball ache in getting this one together there is no way I'm building another. I will make the design files available though if you want to try building one for yourself.
Old 26 July 2019, 03:28   #78
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
After the ball ache in getting this one together there is no way I'm building another. I will make the design files available though if you want to try building one for yourself.
I am not Afraid buddy Send them Along if you Like please that would be Great! would be a nice Relaxing Task for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanm1991 View Post
I am not Afraid buddy Send them Along if you Like please that would be Great! would be a nice Relaxing Task for me
After Breaking my Left hand over Ten Times as Well this would Really be a Godsend!

Hope all is well in the Land of CRG Bud!

Last edited by lilalurl; 26 July 2019 at 18:16.
Old 26 July 2019, 14:33   #79
Glen M

Nathan, Sorry I have'nt replied pal didn't notice you'd been posting on here, silly me.

I'll upload a link to the design files later and you can work away at them to your leisure.

Things are a bit slow in CRG land with my father in law now moved temporary to a nursing home before getting home so my wife is out every night from about 6pm to near midnight. Its unfortunately crippled the time I have to make content but family needs to come first.

For this weekends video I'm torn between taking a look at my new faster TF330, doing an instructional video on setting up x-bench for the CD32 or just showing off a cheapo RGB to HDMI converter that produces a fantastic picture.
Old 26 July 2019, 18:22   #80
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
Nathan, Sorry I have'nt replied pal didn't notice you'd been posting on here, silly me.

I'll upload a link to the design files later and you can work away at them to your leisure.

Things are a bit slow in CRG land with my father in law now moved temporary to a nursing home before getting home so my wife is out every night from about 6pm to near midnight. Its unfortunately crippled the time I have to make content but family needs to come first.

For this weekends video I'm torn between taking a look at my new faster TF330, doing an instructional video on setting up x-bench for the CD32 or just showing off a cheapo RGB to HDMI converter that produces a fantastic picture.
Family is Important Buddy we all Understand it's Hectic for you at the Moment The Main thing is you are Still Rolling out Content, Something for us Techies to feed on and we Appreciate that