English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 27 August 2008, 22:42   #1
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Nightbreed

Is there anybody here that is a fan of either of the Night Breed games, specifically the Night Breed Action game?

I would like to get rid of some of the cheats that do not work from HOL, and almost every magazine published the RISEN FROM THE DEAD cheat that I could not get to work on either version of the game.

Can anyone confirm if they have gotten this cheat to work? I would like to remove it from the HOL cheats and leave the non-working cheats to the HOL wannabe sites
Old 27 August 2008, 22:52   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

I would like to check that, but I don't know how to activate a pause in that game So which key is it? (Tried the obvious 'P' and 'Esc')
Old 28 August 2008, 02:11   #3
Codetapper

H is pause from memory. Of course, as you type THE it unpauses. Hence why I think that cheat is a fake. I had a very quick look at the keyboard interrupt at $68 and nothing special in there looking for letters that I could see...
Old 28 August 2008, 07:13   #4
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Okay, you have one confirmation from me. I entered the cheat while in pause mode and without the pause mode enabled. I typed it in both with and without the shift key pressed. Nothing happens.
Old 28 August 2008, 11:30   #5
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

I can find nothing that relates to a cheatmode of any kind
Old 28 August 2008, 13:11   #6
Codetapper

Thanks for looking guys. It's amazing how many lamers used to invent fake cheats, send them into mags, get them published, then other mags copied them and before you know it, a fake cheat has been spread around.

I will mark the cheat as to be nuked and hopefully it will disappear from HOL soon!
Old 29 August 2008, 02:34   #7
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
good work everybody

It should also be noted that some cheats are actually no fakes deliberately spread, but those were simply nicked from centuries-old non-Amiga magazines and since most sources of the internet merely consists of long lists, no one cares a flying fuck WHERE the information has been taken from.
This enables myths of allegedly functioning "Amiga cheats" which have actually been taken from a C64 or Atari magazine from days of yore.