English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 08 April 2020, 20:27   #41
Kyle_Human
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
I don't believe all the negative comments I read, I go by experience and that is 100% flawless service from Amigakit over the years. I know some people have a grudge against them so wouldn't read into everything.

I bought a lot from these guys and met them on several occasions over the years. Genuinely never had a problem.

If the negative comments are from grudges, where do grudges come from? Do they drop from the skies? No. Are they innate in the mind? No. They come from business practice, and from it alone.
Old 09 April 2020, 01:49   #42
Pyromania

@Kyle

Bill Gates & Steve Ballmer could be logging into EAB again to stir the pot.
Old 23 April 2020, 12:52   #43
a1k3k

I've also ordered from them a few times over the years and have always received the goods.

Once I had an address correction requirement for an order. I emailed them and didn't hear back. Had to call them and they sorted it.

I think, Amiga today being a cottage industry of sorts, they're quite understaffed.
Old 02 May 2020, 18:03   #44
eyeS

Ordered last Saturday and received today (Saturday)..... well pleased
Old 15 May 2020, 20:29   #45
Pyromania

I just received the several items I ordered from AmigaKit in record time even during a global pandemic. Thanks for the great service AmigaKit.
Old 16 May 2020, 10:11   #46
Fastdruid

I agree, they set a record time for something "in stock" by taking a month. Ignored my "what's happening" and substituent "please cancel this" email and only sent my stuff when I escalated it to a PayPal claim.

OTOH the part I bought off eBay from them came in a couple of days.
Old 16 May 2020, 10:30   #47
Hedeon
Semi-Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastdruid View Post
I agree, they set a record time for something "in stock" by taking a month. Ignored my "what's happening" and substituent "please cancel this" email and only sent my stuff when I escalated it to a PayPal claim.

OTOH the part I bought off eBay from them came in a couple of days.
Same. Ebay was fast. Still waiting on any info of my now very old order. They reacted based on an earlier posting I made in this thread 2 months ago through PM. Silence since.
Old 16 May 2020, 12:08   #48
mr.spiv

I have had my moments of joy and hiccups with Amigakit, Amigastore, Vesalia, iComp, Lotharek and eBay sellers. Bottomline, none of these eventually screwed the orders - wait times were just unbelievable in some cases Buyers will vote with their feet eventually. Anyway, I am happy these guys are in business after all these days. For me the most valuable thing in the webstore is the up-to-date "in stock" indicator - some do have the number of available stock shown. If you want extremely fast deliveries and returns use Amazon and live in Silicon Valley
Old 16 May 2020, 12:54   #49
Fastdruid

My issue with them was that it took a month to ship something that was "in stock".
Old 16 May 2020, 14:14   #50
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Should we edit the title? as it`s shown, it is still in business
Old 26 May 2020, 17:24   #51
abbub

Just chiming in that I also have ordered multiple things from them over the years and never had any issues.
Old 26 May 2020, 21:51   #52
Avrovulcan

I ordered a SCSI2SD about a fortnight ago. It arrived a few days later no problems.
Old 03 June 2020, 22:07   #53
Z3k

Ordered a refurbished Amiga 1000 mouse from them 7th may, paid the same day via european bank transfer. The order status is still "awaiting payment" almost a whole mounth later. I tried to contact them multiple times with their website form and a few emails, still no response, not even a short "we are taking care of your order" notice.
This is my experience.
Old 03 June 2020, 22:10   #54
OlafSch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3k View Post
Ordered a refurbished Amiga 1000 mouse from them 7th may, paid the same day via european bank transfer. The order status is still "awaiting payment" almost a whole mounth later. I tried to contact them multiple times with their website form and a few emails, still no response, not even a short "we are taking care of your order" notice.
This is my experience.
I ordered ImageFX from them and got support

perhaps you try again
Old 30 May 2021, 06:57   #55
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Waiting months for an rgb scart cable... no order updates, communications, nothing.
I bought one elsewhere in the meantime. I requested a refund two days ago. Not a good experience. Perhaps the cables were not really in stock at the time of my order?

I like or did like amiga-kit but if they cannot handle an order for a simple cable then I have no faith that if i ordered something more expensive It would ever arrive anywhere near on-time. I have seen too many complaints about their service recently- pity that.
Old 30 May 2021, 07:21   #56
Wiking67
Blowing Out The Flame

Send a message via MSN to Wiking67
ask for a refund for about two weeks but no money
Old 30 May 2021, 11:51   #57
Syntrax

Amigakit always delivered for me, when you call them, you will get an answer, same with email. This was before Corona and before Brexit. Perhaps these two things delay delivery, but AmigaKit is the only organisation I know, you can call and have someone answer the phone.

Vesalia is the worst of the worst. If you're package gets lost, they throw their hands in the air, they will ask their postal organisation for the 50th time to investigate their lost package but they do not refund, nor resend the package. The only way to get your money back from them is by lawsuit if you paid them by bank. European rules, make Vesalia responsible if the package gets lost in the post, they just give you the middle finger.

Alinea Computers uses the same crappy mail service as Vesalia and, that lost my package again. Alinea Computer also asked the mail service to investigate. Starting week 3 for a package that only needed too travel 400 KM.

Sufficient experience with Amigastore.eu: Pay and usually 1.5 week later, you'll have your package from Spain. These guys are BAD with communication. In other words, I never received one reply from them. They are sloppy when packaging stuff. Manuals and instruction are sometimes forgotten. If a package gets lost, I suppose their "non reply" policy will make customers really angry.

So in general: its the postal organisations that make the online shops look bad. Its how the online shop handles complaints that damages their reputation. So use Paypal with user protection and NEVER use the "friend" option.

Old 02 June 2021, 14:25   #58
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Yeah probably if you send emails in Spanish to Amigastore.eu you have more chance of receiving a reply. Eh good luck with that

Not too long ago we had a good example of just how wrong it can go with a package sent to Spain, it never arrived. First they claimed the address was wrong (it wasn't), then they claimed the return address could not be read (BS). Then it got "lost", because it had been sent to the lost and found. It took them a week to find it there. And then they sent it to the address that was on the package which was now miraculously no longer wrong.

Package services - slow clapping all the way.
Old 03 June 2021, 03:06   #59
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Well, regarding my rgb cable order- it seems it was overlooked due to Brexit and Covid issues at the time. I totally understand issues regarding covid and Brexit impacting shops-

It was the lack of communication for months about the order that irked. All good- seems a refund was issued. I hope its smooth sailing for amigakit going forward- I did buy from them several times before.
Old 04 June 2021, 11:58   #60
stevelord

My own negative experience was when they had an item as in stock, but when ordered it wasn't. It takes time to bring into stock and there's no communication. I think that's why their ebay sales tend to go better - they seem to be selling stuff ready to ship and there are consequences for advertising non-stock items as in stock. I've ordered stuff by them and it's been fine. I've ordered stuff from them on ebay and it's been fine.

It's a poor practice by modern standards but was certainly commonplace back in the 90s. My impression is that they mean well but just still operate like it's the 90s.