English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 08 November 2021, 15:52   #101
dreadnought

And as is usual in many such cases, some people (looking at ppa.pl) still "believe" and/or try to excuse this dumpster fire. Smh.
Old 08 November 2021, 17:31   #102
juen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
And as is usual in many such cases, some people (looking at ppa.pl) still "believe" and/or try to excuse this dumpster fire. Smh.
hmmm, not really now
Old 08 November 2021, 17:55   #103
dreadnought

Quote:
Originally Posted by juen View Post
hmmm, not really now
Yes really He still has got some fans, despite the fact that he's obviously been acting in bad faith. But, oh, no, maybe he's in the hospital, maybe he's got some other reasons, it's great that there's a new site...lawd, please.
Old 08 November 2021, 18:04   #104
juen

google translator does not translate Polish well, he does not understand the context, in fact, this applies to most languages (when it comes to boards)

two from this three posts definitely not defending Adam

probably everyone changed their minds after they saw that the retroguide came back (it was today) in such a stretched form without any explanation

I understand it because people knew him and it's hard for some to accept it. unfortunately the truth is cruel

"it's great that there's a new site" - nobody said that

Last edited by juen; 08 November 2021 at 18:12.
Old 08 November 2021, 18:33   #105
dreadnought

Quote:
google translator does not translate Polish well, he does not understand the context, in fact, this applies to most languages (when it comes to boards)
Buddy, you're not the only native Polish speaker here

Quote:

two from this three posts definitely not defending Adam
The first two obviously are, the third one I mislinked, meant the #200 (""maybe he's got his reasons", etc)

Quote:
"it's great that there's a new site" - nobody said that
-"Fajnie ze cos juz jest, ale czekam na ciag dalszy"
-"To, ze strona bedzie rozwijana - i szczególnie ze Pan Zalepa pracuje nad nowymi projektami retro - podnosi na duchu"

...means pretty much just that.

There's no point going into translating back and forth (unless somebody really wants me to), but that's just how it is. Some people simply refuse to acknowledge the obvious facts of life, for whatever reasons, and will keep on rationalizing away, unless they see the guy cuffed in a back of police van or something (and some would carry on even then). It's a weird psychological mechanism, but also nothing new, and we've seen it countless times in this hobby, mostly when it comes to failed Kickstarters (eg the sorry, still-ongoing Unknown Realms saga from the C64 scene).
Old 08 November 2021, 18:46   #106
juen

this is only one specific person (please read pm).

I have already written before. no one has illusions after seeing the website come back without mention of bitronic and contact possibilities

but I understand what you are talking about and this is one of the reasons why I haven't made a ppa topic for a long time about how he robbed us (R3D) . it's just hard for someone to believe it
Old 08 November 2021, 22:00   #107
Korodny
Zone Friend

I'm not advocating pirating something that still being sold (even if he might be a crook), but is somebody archiving the electronic versions of all of his books? That's 18 publications right there, that might be lost forever.
Old 08 November 2021, 22:09   #108
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korodny View Post
I'm not advocating pirating something that still being sold (even if he might be a crook), but is somebody archiving the electronic versions of all of his books? That's 18 publications right there, that might be lost forever.
I know a lot of people are angry about it, but doing this will only bring dark days to the Amiga scene.

I think plenty of lessons have been learnt here and retribution isn't the answer.

Let's rise above it, move on and get the game gravy train running. If anyone wants tips on producing their own game boxes then ffs please contact me, it isn't that hard to do.
Old 08 November 2021, 22:23   #109
Korodny
Zone Friend

You misunderstood what I was saying: I didn't suggest retribution. I just care about this stuff being preserved for posterity somehow - obviously Zalepa himself is unlikely to donate it to the public in the future...

I'm not talking about spreading his stuff. Just wondering if there's enough people owning copies so in a decade or two we're in a position to actually upload to to archive.org or some similar service.
Old 08 November 2021, 22:34   #110
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korodny View Post
You misunderstood what I was saying: I didn't suggest retribution. I just care about this stuff being preserved for posterity somehow - obviously Zalepa himself is unlikely to donate it to the public in the future...

I'm not talking about spreading his stuff. Just wondering if there's enough people owning copies so in a decade or two we're in a position to actually upload to to archive.org or some similar service.
I'll be quite happy if all of his stuff is never mentioned ever again in the Amiga scene, let alone archived or distributed for a reminder to people as to what twat he is.
Old 09 November 2021, 08:35   #111
honx

is there any possibility to get hand on that adam zalepa scammer from outside polan or wherever he is?
Old 09 November 2021, 11:48   #112
apex

honx, calm down, money is lost, case can be closed. Digging around more, will not change the situation.
Old 09 November 2021, 11:52   #113
juen

here, in Poland, a lot of people had subscriptions (for magazines, etc.) and other unrealized orders, probably someone will want to get their money back and if they manage it, they will share how they did it
Old 09 November 2021, 13:08   #114
mcgeezer

Quote:
here, in Poland, a lot of people had subscriptions (for magazines, etc.) and other unrealized orders, probably someone will want to get their money back and if they manage it, they will share how they did it
I'd just like to apologise to you for my previous comments in this thread, I made some assumptions that were ill founded around your involvement in the saga and I really should not have got involved.

Sorry about that.
Old 09 November 2021, 18:27   #115
juen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
I'd just like to apologise to you for my previous comments in this thread, I made some assumptions that were ill founded around your involvement in the saga and I really should not have got involved.

Sorry about that.
no problemo :-)
Old 21 November 2021, 08:32   #116
honx

does anyone know private email of that adam zalepa scumbag?
Old 21 November 2021, 21:11   #117
apex

You cannot stop?
Old 21 November 2021, 21:28   #118
freehand

Quote:
Originally Posted by apex View Post
You cannot stop?
You can not stop what ?
Old 21 November 2021, 23:45   #119
twenty90seven
twenty90seven

I just got my Amiga fixed and was keen to download Worthy and saw the download site was down. Wherever it may be hosted in the future, I'll be keen to buy it.
Old 26 November 2021, 17:19   #120
juen

very poor translation (I do not believe in any word), and on a forum where people do not know the topic at all.

https://exec.pl/amiga-wydarzenie?nid...e_Adama_Zalepy