English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 05 November 2022, 23:17   #101
mcbpete
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to mcbpete Send a message via Yahoo to mcbpete
Fantastic front end with great options. One small thing that's stopping me switching from Tinylauncher is that it seems to have issues with the naming of custom/user games e.g. the various Sensible Soccer user updates:

(Top is how TinyLauncher displays the versions, bottom of the WHDLoadMenu display, get similar things with SWOS and games with mission packs)

Is there any way of getting WHDLoadMenu to display it in the way TinyLauncher does ?
Old 15 January 2023, 10:00   #102
EctoOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesuri View Post
Do you mean starting WHDLoad as if the slave's icon would have been clicked from the Workbench? That indeed would be nice since the options set through the UI would then be saved into the icon files. WBRun from later AmigaOS releases would do the trick. I'll look into making this an option.
I also would like to see the option to use something like WBrun or WBLoad (either from WB3.2 or the CLICon package).
I'm not a programmer but wouldn't it be possible to "simply" add another argument like WB to whdloadmenu and whdloadmenuanim?
Something like this:
Code:
WHDLoadMenu whdloadmenu.prefs whdloadmenu.output WB
And if that argument is used, the output file is changed from using whdload and parsing the tooltypes, to WBRun or whatever else there is that can launch Icons from a shell.

Maybe this needs an extra method to specify the program and possible arguments. And it probably needs a way to define if a file is an icon or not. As far as I know, most of those tools don't accept icons as option.

An extra file like whdloadmenu.custom would do the trick. If it exists, the default whdload call will be replaced. Then we can create a text file like:
Code:
WBLoad >NIL: %f WAIT
And %f will be replaced with the file from the prefs list without .info. And if the program requires and icon as argument, maybe just do %f.info or use %F. Although this custom file should probably be also be added as argument, so that we can use different commands for different instances of whdloadmenu.

I personally prefer to use WBLoad from the CLICon package because it has a WAIT argument, which maybe will help preventing to show whdloadmenu when a file is launched using such method. Also WBLoad does not have any other requirements compared to WBrun.

Hmm, I wonder if I could make this work right now by renaming WBLoad to WHDLoad, and WHDLoad to something else which I then use as default tool. Might be worth a try, although maybe the parsed tooltypes will prevent WBLoad to start.
Old 22 May 2023, 20:15   #103
zambot3

How refresh list of games?
Old 23 May 2023, 15:20   #104
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambot3 View Post
Just delete the WHDLoadMenu.prefs file from the WHDLoadMenu drawer.
On next load it will scan them again.
Old 24 May 2023, 20:53   #105
A500

From the instructions in the .lha package:

Press Help to rescan the WHDLoadable application directory and generate a database based on the results.
Old 04 June 2023, 13:06   #106
zambot3

Why don't scan Terramex?
Old 15 July 2023, 22:23   #107
zambot3

There is a bug? Why doesn't display Terramex?
Old 30 September 2023, 20:23   #108
zambot3

Sorry! I must search for Cosmic Relief.
Old 10 February 2024, 20:08   #109
A500

I just installed V1.8 and I'm liking this a lot Thanks Vesuri!
Old 08 March 2024, 15:55   #110
Vesuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoulpSquad View Post
I'm having trouble running games with QuitKey= tool type.

Finally found how to fix it. I had to convert the raw value $5d to hexadecimal, 89.

Now I need to scour 1200+ games I installed those past weeks, and find each and every QuitKey tool type and convert them to hex...
This is no longer necessary with version 1.9 of WHDLoadMenu. If it comes across a QuitKey tooltype with a hexadecimal value it converts the value to decimal for the command line as expected by WHDLoad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002 View Post
I'm more than happy to contact Mang and tell him what I said and despite this I do fully appreciate the effort that has gone into it, there are things also that I love about it.
Not sure who Mang is but it's a better idea to contact me instead since I'm the author Nice to hear there are things you love about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002 View Post
Maybe he should ask for donations (If he hasn't already?) to make improvements, I would be sure to throw a few dollars his way.
I appreciate the idea but unfortunately it's time I'm having a shortage of.

Quote:
Press the Help key.

Quote:
Sorry! I must search for Cosmic Relief.
Glad this got sorted out!
Old 18 April 2024, 15:35   #111
Vesuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbpete View Post
(Top is how TinyLauncher displays the versions, bottom of the WHDLoadMenu display, get similar things with SWOS and games with mission packs)

Is there any way of getting WHDLoadMenu to display it in the way TinyLauncher does ?
Currently you would have to manually edit the WHDLoadMenu.prefs text file using a text editor so that instead of

Code:
Sensible Soccer=Path:To/SensibleSoccerEuro1MB/SensibleSoccerEuro1MB.Slave
it would say

Code:
Sensible Soccer Euro 1 MB=Path:To/SensibleSoccerEuro1MB/SensibleSoccerEuro1MB.Slave
Unfortunately these changes would be overwritten if you would scan the game directory again.

WHDLoadMenu currently uses the name defined in the slave file if there is one. If not, it uses the slave or icon name without the .slave or .info extension. The 1MB Sensible Soccer versions all use a slave file which defines Sensible Soccer as the name of the game. To get results you're expecting this name would have to be ignored, the name taken from the slave or icon name and spaces added between lowercase and uppercase letters and numbers. This could be implemented as an option in a future WHDLoadMenu release (no promises though!).