English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

View Poll Results: Which Street Fighter is best?
Street Fighter 1 1.59%
Street Fighter II 9 14.29%
Street Fighter II Champion Edition 10 15.87%
Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting 5 7.94%
Super Street Fighter II 3 4.76%
Super Street Fighter II Turbo 12 19.05%
Street Fighter Zero 1 1.59%
Street Fighter Zero 2 0 0%
Street Fighter Zero 3 5 7.94%
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike 5 7.94%
Street Fighter III: Second Impact 1 1.59%
Super Street Fighter II 'X: Revival 0 0%
X-Men vs Street Fighter 5 7.94%
Marvel Superheroes vs Street Fighter 0 0%
Capcom vs Marvel 4 6.35%
Capcom vs SNK 2 3.17%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 April 2003, 20:08   #1
Amiga1992

Best Streetfighter???

A poll for Amigaboy

What's the best of the lot?
Old 11 April 2003, 20:21   #2
Konrad

Of course Street Fighter 2 . I voted for the Championship Edition because of the possibility to select more characters .
Old 11 April 2003, 20:21   #3
wakeupbomb
Amiga Collector

I like the X-Men one
bwuhahahaha
Old 12 April 2003, 03:26   #4
blackcornflake

The following is posted on behalf of Amigaboy.

====

And here's Amigaboy's long winded reply
My favourite is definately Hyper Fighting. It has the playability of SFII and awesome speed. It's that simple
If I were to choose a 2nd, it would be a toss up between SFII, SFA2 and SFA3. They're all great

Now to talk like a true SF gamer
There are various things wrong with the list:
-> CE and Hyper Fight should have the ' next to the II. ie. Street Fighter II' Champion Edition. I don't know the significance of this little thing, but it's there
-> The Street Fighter Zero series (if you want to get technical) is easier than the Alpha series, even though they're the same game (Zero was released in Asia, Alpha was released everywhere else). This isn't a big thing since they're virtually the same and the names are interchangeable. But I always prefer the Alpha games because they're a bit harder to conquer
-> Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha is missing. The changes are: [list=a][*]You can fight Shin Gouki. He's friggin hard though! [*]You can choose alot of the characters to not have any Super meter [*]A couple of characters have their original SFII playability back (secret modes). [*]Evil Ryu is available [/list=a]
-> Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper is missing. The changes are: [list=a][*]Sega Naomi hardware is used, hence why it's not in MAME [*]Balrog is back (he was in SFA3/SFZ3, but was a secret character) [*]Juni and Juli are available (also in SFA3/SFZ3, but also secret characters previously) [*]Guile is back (!!!!!!) [*]T Hawk is back [*]Dee Jay is back[*]Fei Long is back [*]Evil Ryu is available [*]Shin Gouki is available [*]Released in Japan only [/list=a]
-> You forgot the EX series of games, which were great. They had the playability of the original SFII, as well as an awesome combo system: [list=a][*]Street Fighter EX [*]Street Fighter EX+ [*]Street Fighter EX 2 [*]Street Fighter EX 2+ [*]Street Fighter EX 3 (is there a + version?) [/list=a]
-> I don't know the story behind the SNK/Capcom VS games, but I believe some people call Capcom VS SNK, SNK VS Capcom (I prefer the first name). I don't know why. Also, Capcom VS SNK has a different subtext to SNK VS Capcom.....I don't know really
-> Capcom VS SNK 2 is missing
-> Capcom VS SNK 2 EO is missing (X-Box only I think)...I don't know the difference between EO and normal since I've never played EO
-> Marvel VS Capcom is the correct name. I've never heard anyone refer to it as Capcom VS Marvel
-> Marvel VS Capcom 2 is missing
-> Street Fighter III: New Generation is missing
-> Street Fighter: The Movie is missing
-> Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix/Pocket Fighter is missing
-> Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo is missing, even though it's not a fighting game (apparently you can play this online at http://www.capcom.com/online_games/spf/ !!)
-> The VS games are an iffy subject. Alot of people prefer them over the originals, but they're not exactly Street Fighters when it comes to playability. They're great games, but I don't classify them as Street Fighters. They're in their own class in my opinion

I haven't played all the games on the list, so I can't give my full recommendations. Those that I haven't played are:
-> Street Fighter III - All of them
-> Marvel VS Capcom 2
-> Street Fighter EX 3
-> Capcom VS SNK 2 EO

Here's a fun bit of Trivia about Street Fighter 1:
"The original location test version of this game used pressure sensitive pads (Mechatronics) to measure the three strengths of attack used in the game - the bonus stages were unregulated tests of strength where the harder you hit the pad, the more you would score.
You can imagine how much abuse the machines took, apparently one individual climbed up on top of the machine and drop kicked it to get a high score.
After a large number of injuries, and a high damage bill, Capcom replaced the system with individual buttons for each strength - the now common 6 button layout. "

My final thoughts:
-> I possibly forgot some stuff, but I'm not sure. It's a long list of games
-> I'm surprised at the popularity of the Super Street Fighter II series of games! Sure they've got a bit of a fun factor, but c'mon! Apparently, most of the Street Fighter playing world talks about these games with high regard...hmph
-> Who the hell voted for Street Fighter 1. It's too slow and unresponsive
Old 12 April 2003, 11:44   #5
Mr Creosote
Evil Mastermind

Street Fighter II (without any additional 'name part' ) on the Amiga of course. Hey, I'm serious - all the others I know are way too hard and fast for me!
Old 13 April 2003, 00:16   #6
Amiga1992

Amigayboi you bitch

I didnt include the EX series because they are 3D. I'll add the others I guess. I also forgot SNK vs Capcom!
Old 13 April 2003, 03:39   #7
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

It was a tough decision between Marvel VS Capcom and Capcom VS SNK, but the later won.

While I LOVE the combo system of Marvel vs Capcom, Capcom vs SNK is just great. The game has an incredible simply playability, which sometimes even remembers me the first SF II game, while adding some stuff from the most modern brawlers, without making it too much complex. The fighters are VERY balanced (No fighter is too bad or too good), and the "Slots" system works great. It's my fav beat'em up, beating any previous effort from SNK. (Garou: Mark of the Wolves used to be my fav Beat'em up )

Capcom VS SNK and SNK VS Capcom are actually different games. The 1st one is the one we know, developed by Capcom, for the arcades, Dreamcast and PSX.

SNK VS Capcom is the one developed by SNK, which was supposed to be released for the Neo-Geo, but it never saw the light of day. The Neo-Geo pocket version was released, and the game is great. From what I can tell from the NGPC version, the Neo-Geo version would be fantastic.

The only EX SF I played was the 1st one, and it's also very good. Some people walk away from it because it's 3D... I think there was no reason to make it 3D, the game doesn't take ANY advantage about being 3D, as it has 2D playability. It plays a lot like any other Street Fighter game, except there are some COOL combos. You can link one "Super" to other one, making some really devasting combos. Behind from the crude 3D graphics, it has some very good playability.

Street Fighter the Movie sucks, and if you would like to vote for it, you should be shot in the head. Twice.

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo sucks too. Puyo Puyo wipes the floor with it
Old 13 April 2003, 08:55   #8
Miggy2TheMax

SF2 Hyper for me... it had just the right amount of difficulty.
Old 17 April 2003, 16:32   #9
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Well, like many people here, I really liked the old SF2s, and I really loved SFA3. But I think my fav has to be the latest offereing: SF3, 3rd strike. I used to quickly dismiss the SF3 series, because they seemed to lack the very element that made the SF2 and SFA series so great: speed!!! I thought they were so slooow!!! But with 3rd Strike, I began to realise that Capcom had actually returned to the roots of Street Fighter (SF2 games) with a more important element that I had overlooked: tactics!!! Yes, in SF3, just like SF2, tactics are more important than speed, and when I realised this, I began to appreciate the SF3 series more. (I think you need quick reflexes rather than tactics to succeed in SFA3) With SF3, 3rd Strike, they really have returned to what made the SF2 games great, but now with new characters and gorgeous graphics. (The game is a masterpiece!!!) And I have a new favourite character: the monstrous Hugo! Along with Poison.
Old 20 April 2003, 05:59   #10
adolescent