English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. Blitz Basic

Old 22 December 2022, 08:18   #1
thyslo

SuperTED 2.52 config questions

I'm currently using SuperTED 2.52 and I wonder if it somehow can be customized a little more than the prefs window offers.

There are two things I would like to change for a better workflow:

1) In my installation of SuperTED Backspace and Del do nothing. Can they be configured to behave in modern editors?

2) Is it somehow possible to save as ASCII per Default with <RAmiga + s>?

Last edited by thyslo; 22 December 2022 at 10:20.
Old 22 December 2022, 11:57   #2
Daedalus

As far as I know, there's no way to set the default format. SuperTED is closely tied to Blitz 2 and so uses the .bb2 format primarily.

Del and Backspace should both work as expected within a line of text. Where they differ is when dealing with line ends, e.g. you can't join a line to the previous one by pressing backspace at the start of that line. If that's what you mean, then I don't think there's anything that can be changed there either. However, if those keys don't work even in the middle of a line then there's something else going on - an emulation setup thing maybe, or a commodity running that remaps keys?

Both of these issues have been solved for PEd, the editor used by AmiBlitz 3. If you have the possibility to run AB3, it might be a good reason to switch to it. You can have both BB2 and AB3 installed at the same, and you can still load AB3 files into SuperTED and compile them with BB2 if you need to.

The only other hope is that someone modifies SuperTED to change these behaviours. I know Earok was doing some BB2 fixes a little while ago - perhaps it's worth asking him if those changes might be possible?
Old 22 December 2022, 20:36   #3
thyslo

Thanks for your answer and the tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Where they differ is when dealing with line ends, e.g. you can't join a line to the previous one by pressing backspace at the start of that line. If that's what you mean, then I don't think there's anything that can be changed there either.
Yeah that's exactly what I mean. So I think I'll get used to that behavior; sometimes I even use the glorious vim under Linux:-)