English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 25 December 2012, 17:18   #61
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Indeed: http://hol.abime.net/2636/conversionshot
Old 05 January 2013, 12:09   #62
lesta_smsc

BTW - is there a way to convert/port titles to MAME hardware?
Old 05 January 2013, 12:58   #63
s2325
Zone Friend

Cubo CD32 is Amiga disguised as arcade machine. Also there is no such thing as MAME hardware - it's emulator of various machines.
Old 06 January 2013, 02:07   #64
lesta_smsc

Yes sorry, I meant to have it emulate on MAME... MAMEUAE? lol
Old 07 January 2013, 14:54   #65
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
Yes sorry, I meant to have it emulate on MAME... MAMEUAE? lol
MAME does already emulate the Amiga, there was an arcade system called the Arcadia:

http://www.amigahistory.co.uk/arcadia.html

It would be possible to convert a game to work on this platform, but it would be a ridiculous waste of time.
Old 07 January 2013, 15:08   #66
mombasajoe

Magic Jonhson´s Basketball - hide -
Old 08 January 2013, 01:35   #67
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
MAME does already emulate the Amiga, there was an arcade system called the Arcadia:

http://www.amigahistory.co.uk/arcadia.html

It would be possible to convert a game to work on this platform, but it would be a ridiculous waste of time.
Price: £1900
Old 08 January 2013, 01:43   #68
s2325
Zone Friend

I think chosen games was not good decision, they're not bad but not good enough to spend money to play.
Old 08 January 2013, 05:25   #69
Hewitson

Compared to other arcade games at the time they are primitive rubbish. Hybris could have stood its ground in an actual arcade if it was available.
Old 10 January 2013, 14:01   #70
stevsurv
Beta 1.666

The Amiga version of Silkworm was heaps better than the arcade version. The arcade Silkworm was shite!

They should of replaced it with the Amiga version
Old 11 January 2013, 15:23   #71
Vollldo

Ah ah good idea yes, the amiga version of Silkworm is sooo much realized that the arcade one. Just tried the arcade again 1 week ago on my Mame station. I loaded the amiga one at the same time, both screens side to side. You can't simply pretend that the arcade one is better, except if you are blind and deaf. The sound is atrocious on the arcade version, and the game itself much more playable on the miggi !!! Do we have to contact the Mame staff to erase the arcade version of the avaible games list and suggest them to replace it by the amiga one ah ah ah ah !? Jokint but hey, it would be better LOL .

Old 11 January 2013, 15:33   #72
Hewitson

Play both versions for hours like I have. You'll see that the gameplay in the arcade version is far superior (as are the graphics). Playing it on MAME doesn't count, you know as well as I do that's not a fair comparison.

Quote:
The sound is atrocious on the arcade version
The Amiga version doesn't even have ingame music. You can't get much more atrocious than that.
Old 12 January 2013, 22:48   #73
StarEye
Zone Friend

North and South, obviously.
Old 13 January 2013, 01:08   #74
mcbpete
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to mcbpete Send a message via Yahoo to mcbpete
Brutal Sports Footbal (and Speedball II) would've been ace in Arcade friendly form
Old 13 January 2013, 18:46   #75
Mrs Beanbag
Glastonbridge Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
The Amiga version doesn't even have ingame music. You can't get much more atrocious than that.
Oh you can... how about the one dreadful piece of music over and over with no sound effects?

If all you have is sound effects, at least you can put a CD on.
Old 19 January 2013, 11:48   #76
Vollldo

Quote:
Non sense. Oh man can't get more atrocious than 'no ingame music' ? Of course yes : an atrocious game music, or without any interest/charm. The case of the arcade version of silkworm, not the case with the beautifull sfx of the amiga one. And to complete the painting, i add that the sfx of the arcade version are bad too . But idk lol, maybe are you this kind of guy who prefers listening to horrible sounds or songs than anything else ? If yes the mainstream musical industry has a lot to offer to your (deaf) ears .

And concerning a cd, i totally agree with Mrs. beanbag.

I don't know what you mean about the unfair comparison by using MAME. I have a configuration "aux petits oignons" here, with a wonderfull CRT, special scanlines, and the emulation is so perfect that it can't be called emulation. My amiga is side to side with my MAME screen, and the amiga one is definitively better. You are one of the rare to think the contrary, but you have totally the right to have this opinion, it makes the dialog interesting.

Without rangune for my (willingly) a bit ironical and rude tone, but you weren't particularly soft and polite the last time we met on a thread here . And i am not the kind of guy to miss an occasion to pay back^^.

Last edited by Vollldo; 19 January 2013 at 22:09.

Old 19 January 2013, 12:11   #77
Vollldo

The one player mode of "Nord et Sud" (yes i prefer the french title eh eh) would have been perfect yes, but i don't think that the one player mode is interesting and challenging (it is indeed VERY easy !) enougth for this.

I add "black viper" to the list, simply love this one ! For the arcade, a better frame rate dould have been necessary (60 fps or nothing lol), a fullscreen format too. It seems that many don't like this one (for example many negative comments on lemonamiga) but i never understood why... Super realisation, nice atmosphere, really fast, smooth, "cannon ball" gameplay... What else really ?! The best motos game on the miggy for me, perfect for the coin-ops !

Old 19 January 2013, 13:30   #78
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vollldo View Post
Without rangune
Let me guess, you supported Anggun during the last Eurovision competition and that is a Freudian slip.
Old 19 January 2013, 16:01   #79
Vollldo

Ahahahaha oh god noooooo hopefully i didn't ahahahah !!
Hum no "eurovision" coin-op conversion until this day ahahahaha !!!
I am sure it would be a success in Japan LOL.

This is the word given by google translate ahahahah, sorry if it is not the translation of the french word "rancune" . LOL i will see the name of the singer in another point of view now loool .

Salut à toi cher compatriote, toujours un plaisir de croiser un françai ici !

Last edited by Vollldo; 19 January 2013 at 16:09.

Old 19 January 2013, 16:41   #80
Vollldo

Mmm i think i REALLY typed "rangune" for my translation god lol. The G and C are side by side. But i dont edit my post, your joke word is too good to make it not understandable ah ah . "rangune" was for "grudge".