English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 20 December 2020, 20:41   #141
AMIGASYSTEM

Yes anche io with last Beta 12-2020-12-20, even on my 3.1 standard and AfA One systems i have a black screen at all Voodoo resolutions.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 24 December 2020 at 23:53.
Old 20 December 2020, 20:45   #142
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White View Post
with the latest version of winuae released with prometheus after boot it remains a black screen with 4.1FE
the penultimate version works instead (size 4.150kb)
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Yes anche io with last Beta 12-2020-12-20, even on my 3.1 standard and AfA One systems i have a black screen at all Voodoo resolutions.
This is totally useless information.
Old 20 December 2020, 21:11   #143
White

Grim Fandango works with OpenGL rendering via ResidualVM perfect speed I used a 2018 version some white textures remain.
Maybe I need to use a newer version to try
Maybe it's too early for that
I'm still using the "standard" minigl version
I can update it with the latest version.
But for testing it is better to use a standard installation.
here the video to learn more:
[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by White; 21 December 2020 at 20:48.
Old 20 December 2020, 21:40   #144
White

thanks prometheus works again
Old 20 December 2020, 22:09   #145
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt View Post
you do need a whole different set of w3d libs for a1200 mediator. and will likely need to reconfigure with medconfig.

Also some pointless info and against the rules and with risk of getting shot I just want to add that Wipeout2097 plays great in OS4 + voodoo emulation! some buffering/flickering issues on loading screens but once in plays at a nice framerate.

WOW! You're right! That's impresssssive with full screen, but if you play on Workbench it's pretty clear and smooth. I can see where some other improvements are still needed. I also looked at Payback WOS, and is doing pretty well, and still affected by what you noted.

3D is coming along very well for Vooodoo.

I'm curious.. Should the Mediator update be applied to emulated CSPPC? Any possible improvements?

Last edited by AC/DC HACKER!; 20 December 2020 at 22:16.
Old 21 December 2020, 10:34   #146
White

Odyssey tested with voodoo the videos are much cleaner even if the video memory is 16mb.
The new version of winuae allows a deeper use of the 4.1FE system and practically you have access to all a series of tools that before I could not use.
[ Show youtube player ]

I wanted to ask a technical question I tried a modified bios with more aggressive timings.
These have an impact on winuae or are simply ignored and therefore having more aggressive timings is useless.
Thanks

Note aside:
i tried something more "advanced" alien vs predator for pc and it works perfectly i just wanted to try to see if it worked
Old 21 December 2020, 14:44   #147
White

Test of some demos written for ppc warp3D and dedicated graphics card seem to work well the speed seems right to me.
The audio seems slightly noisy at the moment I don't know the reasons.
I'm really happy.
I hope it is in the topic, it is not my intention to disturb or write inappropriate things.
Now 4.1FE can be used for real.
And I think it's just the beginning of your new version of winuae :-)
[ Show youtube player ]

Toni Thank you
Old 21 December 2020, 19:22   #148
AMIGASYSTEM

I have tested with Voodoo an apparently different version of Warp3D.library 4.2 (2006), with this library the Demo Warp 3D "Gears" in Window mode and in FullScreen seems to work very well, also Doom2 MiniGL I see a good 3D quality, I attach an exustive video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ozH...fLwrJ2wEF/view
Old 21 December 2020, 19:37   #149
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post
I'm curious.. Should the Mediator update be applied to emulated CSPPC? Any possible improvements?
Mediator update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by White View Post
I wanted to ask a technical question I tried a modified bios with more aggressive timings.
They are totally ignored. It only depends on your host CPU speed.

Quote:
Grim Fandango works with OpenGL rendering via ResidualVM perfect speed I used a 2018 version some white textures remain.
Either it runs out of texture VRAM or is Voodoo 3 specific bug (=I don't debug 3D programs). Randomly single textures missing can't be UAE related.
Old 21 December 2020, 20:30   #150
White

Toni,
Thanks for the reply

I noticed this today maybe it can be useful
I know you don't watch the videos you can see directly at minute 1:00 and minute 2:47 the disappearance of entire "textures"
With for example this new demo I tried for ppc + warp3D I tried
Its demands are 8mb of amiga graphics card and 64 megabytes of ram
I have to see with ZTools how much memory is left for the 4.1FE system
I think 5megabyte once started but it should happen continuously instead it only happens on some "textures" such as in this demo

But speaking of graphics memory you are probably right I should gain graphics memory by lowering the resolution etc. to verify
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 21 December 2020, 20:36   #151
White

For example in wipeout it does not happen but I do not know the hardware requirements for amiga
Old 21 December 2020, 20:43   #152
White

@Toni
sorry it also happens in wipeout but it also happens simply launch gears (Warp3D) "the plot is not correct yet" the gear turns but the central part is transparent.
I hope it is useful :-)

I did a lot of tests with applications such as "quake 2" works well let's say but has the same problem lack of texture on enemies and on the weapon the rest works perfectly lights etc. in opengl mode also "alien vs predator" works well and has no lack of texture

Last edited by White; 09 January 2021 at 18:10.
Old 21 December 2020, 21:07   #153
White

Here quake 2 looks perfect, but the enemies are missing the weapons and the objects on the ground are seen just like in gears (Warpr3D).
Thanks for your patience :-)
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 21 December 2020, 22:06   #154
White

here is the sysmon screenshot
free memory 10megabytes out of 15 megabytes
let's hope :-)

Last edited by White; 09 January 2021 at 18:10.
Old 21 December 2020, 22:35   #155
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
I have tested with Voodoo an apparently different version of Warp3D.library 4.2 (2006)
I suspect you have just used QuarkTex.

The QuarkTex Warp3d.library is dated 2006 - there are updated libraries by Matt Hey and Cosmos, but they have more recent dates...
Old 22 December 2020, 01:14   #156
AMIGASYSTEM

Thanks James, I couldn't remember where I found that version of Warp3D, so it's a version that only supports WinUAE !
Old 22 December 2020, 10:47   #157
White

I did other tests with the 4.1FE if I launch for example gears68K.exe and all the other Warp3D tests in 68k you can see perfectly without any transparency and no artifacts.
While if I use for example GearsPPC.exe the texture is always transparent in the center
I also updated minigl to the latest version the problem remains on the ppc side.
Old 22 December 2020, 16:03   #158
White

I made a video on the problem i described i hope to be as accurate as possible with warp3D
as you can see the 68k version is perfectly visible while the ppc version has transparencies.
In the second part, however, with the tests included in the minigl package everything is perfectly visible gears etc. written in ppc
I hope it will be useful
Thanks again
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 23 December 2020, 19:41   #159
White

I have read the various problems on the net and have also asked unfortunately it seems that Warp3D has known problems.
This is a real shame because with the use of voodoo the 4.1FE becomes usable in all respects with a good software support to use and the 4.1FE emulation has never been so close with this new version of winuae.
The problem lies in the Warp3D drivers my configuration works but unfortunately Warp3D has "flaws".
How nice it would be to be able to somehow patch some features in some way to make Warp3D more compatible and maybe update it from time to time.
Those who wanted to use 4.1FE now could do it but the problem lies in Warp3D a real shame.
We hope to find some solutions later.
I hope "Thellier" takes a look at this post.
And maybe update "PatchWarp3D" somehow if that is possible.
Personally I don't have the knowledge to do this, but I believe it is doable in some way.
Winuae seems to be ready and I thank Toni again for his work.
I hope that some small changes, even partial, will take place in order to make Warp3D more compatible in the future.
Old 23 December 2020, 21:25   #160
thellier

PatchWarp3D can be updated...
The only problem is to find what is the thing (function/parameter) that need a new patch...

Also OS41Fe is supposed to use the warp3D v5 ppc (not old warp3D 68k v4 or v4.2)
then PatchWarp3D may add the missing functions to this v5 warp3D (to ensure the compatibility with old progs)

Also there are some env-vars that have been added to recents warp3d to patch some problems like the wipeout shadow bug
see UseChromaTestABGR
https://wiki.amigaos.net/wiki/UserDoc:Warp3D