English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 05 September 2004, 13:21   #1
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Unhappy Anyone finished Bermuda Project?

Has anybody here ever finished The Bermuda Project (c) GraphicFinal/Mirrorsoft?

I have almost finished the WHDLoad install but need to test the entire game by completing it because there are a huge number of 24 bit access faults. By fixing these it sometimes breaks part of the game! Anyway I found on sprint disk 3 a solution of sorts but it gets really short on details near the end and I'm hoping someone here has played it/finished the game! I have found the pilot but can't find the pistol, hence am stuck near the end it seems. If anyone can help please speak up!

For your info, here is the solution on the sprint disk:

Follow footprints staight away up to jeep. Get in the jeep, take the bucket, shovel and canteen. Go straight back to the crash site. Pass the plane. Fill the bucket with sea water and douse the flames.

Dig sand away from the hatch with the shovel. Get the crowbar. Go to the pilot and get the radio.

Walk west to the caveman village. Get the glider. Fly east. Use the radio when flying ove the river. Find plane. Use the crowbar on the crates. Get fuel. Free stowaway. Fill canteen. Get lighter. Fly back to jeep.

Use the lighter on Scorpion. Get key. Fill jeep with fuel, use the key to start it and drive North east. Smash gates with jeep. Drop all an pass through the gates.

Take both dolls back outside the gates. Detach the needle from the wax girl and attach it to the Voodoo doll.

Walk north, then east. Take the empty pistol from the ship. Point the pistol at the pilot to make him leave.

Also there is some cool stuff here which would be great to add to HOL! Anybody own the original? The map looks very useful! http://www.thelegacy.de/Museum/3782/
Old 05 September 2004, 15:39   #2
Dizzy
Pirate

I found this german solution for the game http://www.amigafuture.de/GTT/amiga/b/36/k.html

or look in LSD doc S003 Bermuda Project Solution
Old 05 September 2004, 22:40   #3
Codetapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
I found this german solution for the game http://www.amigafuture.de/GTT/amiga/b/36/k.html

or look in LSD doc S003 Bermuda Project Solution
Thanks for the German link, looks more promising! If only I had the map! (Maybe this would be a good map for a future APOV?!) The solution as contained on the LSD sprint disk 3 is already posted in my message above.
Old 05 September 2004, 22:48   #4
Dizzy
Pirate

Oh sorry i was to lazy to check the LSD disk
Sadly I dont own the game, but it look nice. I hope someone own this game and could upload the map

Look at this on ebay
Old 06 September 2004, 11:42   #5
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Codetapper, would it be useful for you if I translated the german solution that Dizzy linked to above?
It is complete.
Old 06 September 2004, 12:34   #6
Codetapper

Yes, that would be wicked. I've done a google translation and can kind of make out bits but an accurate one would be fantastic! (We can add it to HOL too!)
Old 06 September 2004, 13:23   #7
Dizzy
Pirate

I do have a txt file if you like that andreas (its taken from another site, so their might be a few changes)
Old 18 September 2004, 14:41   #8
andreas
Zone Friend

Translation done.

(finally, after being sick for almost 2 weeks)

Heheh, one bit in the walkthrough is typically German:
the guy that wrote it told that he had found a radio in the plane, but couldn't make any use of it
Well, if Germans hear "radio" in an English-language game, they would primarily think about a box with good (or bad) music comin' out of it I BET this thing he found in the plane was a sort of walkie-talkie ("radio" (engl.) = "Funkgerät" (ger.); no wonder this has evoked dozens of mistranslations in German newspapers, especially with political reports translated from the Times )

Although this walkthrough can help you to solve the game, there still remain some questions or riddles the writer was unable to solve so far:

- What can the radio be used for?
=> The answer can be found in the LSD sprint solution:
Use the radio when you fly over the river.

- How can you get the artifact the shaman asks you to retrieve for him?
(the gold-like fish)

- How can you get across that heavily guarded bridge which spans over the canyon?

- What can the rag and the lamp be used for?

(My assumption is: rub the lamp with the rag like Aladdin?
Well, I had played lots of Sierra adventures when I was young; one was about rubbing a lamp with a cloth to ride a magical carpet -- I think it was KQ II )
Attached Files
File Type: txt bermupro_tr.txt (4.8 KB, 396 views)

Last edited by andreas; 23 September 2004 at 15:44.
Old 18 September 2004, 23:58   #9
Codetapper

Thanks Andreas, much appreciated!
Old 23 September 2004, 15:41   #10
andreas
Zone Friend

Don't mention it!

Well ... just gimme an info whether the idea with rag and lamp worked!
Old 26 September 2004, 19:59   #11
Dizzy
Pirate

If it works, wouldn't it be a good idea to upload it to gamefaq, the best place for solutions
Old 26 September 2004, 21:29   #12
Codetapper

No, the best place for game solutions is HOL!
Old 27 September 2004, 04:31   #13
andreas
Zone Friend

And I'd rather before let the text revise from a native English speaker before I let it loose on a gamefaq site or whatever...
Old 27 September 2004, 05:28   #14
Codetapper

Cody is currently playtesting the WHDLoad slave and solving the game - hopefully making modifications to the tutorial at the same time! - and then we'll put a 100% version into HOL. I need someone to play through the whole game to make sure I have found all the 24 bit access faults (11 found so far). I have also patched the German and French versions so if anybody wants to help I will send the full game to test. The WHDLoad version comes complete with working intro (including music fix) unlike most cracked versions.
Old 27 September 2004, 10:49   #15
Bad Mr Frosty

Any use?

Old 03 June 2005, 21:32   #16
Pastoutnet

From what I recall (it's been years since I played this game !), there's a cassette-tape somewhere (I think in one of the graves). It has got to be used in the jeep. If I recall well, it tells you about a snake. Actually, there's a snake made out of little bright white stones, near the pyramids. You'll realise, if you follow those little stones, that they make the shape of a snake. Find the head of the snake : there's a stone that it placed to make the eye of the snake : look at it ! just below it, there is a key or something you'll use to open the pyramids. It's black inside the pyramid, you'll need the lamp, unless you'll get into a trap that will kill you.
Inside, you find a kind of treasure. I'm not sure, but if I recall well, I think this is what you need to pass the guard on the bridge over the canyon.

Also, do you remember the wok that is beside the cauldron. This wok, described as flat iron kitchen tool, has got to be used in the river : there, you'll find gold ! I thought it was meant to be used at the shaman's house but I don't remember it worked...

Ok, that's all I can remember. I'd like to play again to this game but the mouse of my computer doesn't connect well anymore...

Old 18 June 2006, 05:08   #17
andreas
Zone Friend

Thanks SOOO much Pastoutnet - this was a great help!
Some corrections:

It is true, that you have to use BOTH pans from the two fire-pits: the first (with the handle) to hold that greasy black liquid to be able to free the hostage (whoosh!!); the second ("wok") for finding gold!
But things go a little different then: when you've found the nugget at the river, you take it to the shaman who, in thankfulness, gives you that reel of tape.
The rest is correct, and I even found the key after a long time of searching around!
Unfortunately though, I did run into the trap you mentioned and I had no idea of how to avoid the trap.

The pyramids are lined up in a triangle: one on the left corner, one on the right corner and one which forms the apex of the triangle. You can open all of those three pyramids with your key but only the one on the right corner contains the treasure.
You CAN light the lamp, but when you reach out for the gold that "stands out" a bit, a slab falls on your head and you're flattened to the ground.
Is there any way to avoid this?

Please anyone, help me with that very last bit so I can get past the guard across the ravine! Thanks!
Old 16 July 2006, 00:41   #18
Metalfeast666

To stop the trap in the pyramids, place the lamp on the chest, then take the treasure. I've tried approaching the guard at the pass and he still kills me on the spot. Oh dear.

However, I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I'm trying to dig up the coffins of the graves by the shamans hut to get the cross and knife, but the game only tells me I'm covering them up every time I use the shovel. I cant see the coffins themselves in any menu. Help please!

Old 16 July 2006, 00:52   #19
andreas
Zone Friend

Thanks!!

Well I "solved" it meanwhile by just walking round the guarded bridge, but this really does not deserve the term "to solve" the game!
Must check this again then ...
[edit] ... it works!
I think that was the very last bit which has to be put on the solution.

About the shovel bit ... er no, I don't understand why that doesn't work for you, as it worked fine for me. Possibly you have to get them in order: knife first, then the cross.

Last edited by andreas; 16 July 2006 at 01:08.
Old 31 July 2006, 17:57   #20
ungi
Amiga Games Historian

solved the game

hi codetapper!
i solved the game many years ago (german version), i also wrote a little solution (german) and drew a simple map. if any questions are still open, i might be able to help (if i can find my old notes).
Ungi