English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 13 September 2023, 17:02   #21
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kremiso View Post
@TCD, that walkthrough is incorrect at least in two parts, surely better the general hints/solution txt on FTP
Where is that? I'll add it to the HOL entry then.
Old 13 September 2023, 17:19   #22
kremiso

http://ftp2.grandis.nu/turransearch/...=&httplinks=on

it does explain better the timings into the game
down in the text there is the solution too, as what you need to do in each location
Old 13 September 2023, 17:32   #23
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Thank you I've added the hints to the HOL entry.
Old 20 September 2023, 18:14   #24
Crashdisk

@kremiso
Thank you for trying this version. I don't know if you've finished it, but is there any possibility that alternate paths in the game could lead to using the "extra" discs? Based on your gameplay experience, does that seem possible?

In the list of weird things on these disks, files with the same name on disk 1 are not the same as on disk 5...or old files with previously unused names...they didn't make it easy for themselves

Code:
D1
------------------------ -------- -------- -- -- -- ---------------- ---------------------------------------------
 Content list           |  Size  | CRC32  |BA|HR|SQ|      Date      | Information                                 |
------------------------ -------- -------- -- -- -- ---------------- ---------------------------------------------
E1.IN                   |   6.052|CAD9FC57|OK|OK|OK|1978.01.15 03:11|                                             |
E2.IN                   |  55.628|4A507217|OK|OK|OK|1978.01.15 03:12|                                             |
e3.in                   |  20.960|07596C09|OK|OK|OK|1978.01.15 03:13|                                             |
Code:
D5
-------------- -------- -------- -- -- -- ---------------- ---------------------------------------------------
 Content list |  Size  | CRC32  |BA|HR|SQ|      Date      | Information                                       |
-------------- -------- -------- -- -- -- ---------------- ---------------------------------------------------
E1.IN         |   1.460|54277B41|OK|OK|OK|1990.05.11 10:38|                                                   |
E2.IN         |   3.660|C140043C|OK|OK|OK|1990.05.11 10:31|                                                   |
E3.in         |   7.416|DF7E7AD0|OK|OK|OK|1990.05.11 10:31|                                                   |
Old 21 September 2023, 20:34   #25
kremiso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashdisk View Post
@kremiso
Thank you for trying this version. I don't know if you've finished it, but is there any possibility that alternate paths in the game could lead to using the "extra" discs? Based on your gameplay experience, does that seem possible?
np, i like these border cases
the files displacement and naming is really a mess between 3 and 5 disks, i agree

was wondering if they possible changed the boot file before the release, but leaving inside also an old files displacement, later corrected

---
i have encountered a stuck point at the very end of the game, whatever i do in the final encounter with the devil, it does kill me;
i have all the 3 needed objects, but nothing

maybe some thing done previously not at the correct time, dunno

apart this, still no disk 4 and 5 request

---
about your question i think not
ok you can visit and 'clean' some locations in a different time order, but yet some of them need to be visited in a specific time and day, so the game is still 80-90% linear

---
i need to try to launch the boot file without all the fix and patches (if they are) in the startup-sequence too
Old 22 September 2023, 09:41   #26
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by kremiso View Post
np, i like these border cases
the files displacement and naming is really a mess between 3 and 5 disks, i agree

was wondering if they possible changed the boot file before the release, but leaving inside also an old files displacement, later corrected

---
i have encountered a stuck point at the very end of the game, whatever i do in the final encounter with the devil, it does kill me;
i have all the 3 needed objects, but nothing

maybe some thing done previously not at the correct time, dunno

apart this, still no disk 4 and 5 request

---
about your question i think not
ok you can visit and 'clean' some locations in a different time order, but yet some of them need to be visited in a specific time and day, so the game is still 80-90% linear

---
i need to try to launch the boot file without all the fix and patches (if they are) in the startup-sequence too
I have possibly an answer for that : The Amiga version is possibly in the same case as the ST version, which is on 5 disks as well ;

The 5th disk has a copy protection hidden on the ST version. The Amiga 5 disks version is also possibly in the same case.

For the end :

" IN THE CHAMBER
(A group of Acolytes appear and stand around a pyre upon which a young girl is about to be sacrificed)

While this is going on, type: 'KILL FATHER WITH AXE'......But DON'T hit [RETURN].

When told that you recognise the Main Acolyte as your Father, THEN hit [RETURN].

Upon killing your Father, the Devil stands in his place. 'THROW WATER AT DEVIL'

.................The end of your Personal Nightmare, or is it?!!!"

Last edited by dlfrsilver; 22 September 2023 at 09:55.
Old 22 September 2023, 14:46   #27
kremiso

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
I have possibly an answer for that : The Amiga version is possibly in the same case as the ST version, which is on 5 disks as well ;

The 5th disk has a copy protection hidden on the ST version. The Amiga 5 disks version is also possibly in the same case.

For the end :

" IN THE CHAMBER
(A group of Acolytes appear and stand around a pyre upon which a young girl is about to be sacrificed)

While this is going on, type: 'KILL FATHER WITH AXE'......But DON'T hit [RETURN].

When told that you recognise the Main Acolyte as your Father, THEN hit [RETURN].

Upon killing your Father, the Devil stands in his place. 'THROW WATER AT DEVIL'

.................The end of your Personal Nightmare, or is it?!!!"
yeah, i have made the same exactly steps, but once i write 'THROW WATER AT DEVIL' a message says that the Acolytes grab me, and the devil then kill me

the previous robe wearing part seems ok
as the father kill sequence too
the final part doesn't instead

also correctly removed the cork from the holy water bottle a bit before the final encounter

i have the savestate(s) if someone is interested
Old 22 September 2023, 18:11   #28
Seiya

this game has very unlucky destiny: every dos release of this game have corrupted file that not allow to be finished.
Amiga 5 disks version it seems not work correctly. I tried Atari ST version and when ask me "disk 5" it freezed.
Old 22 September 2023, 20:59   #29
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiya View Post
this game has very unlucky destiny: every dos release of this game have corrupted file that not allow to be finished.
Amiga 5 disks version it seems not work correctly. I tried Atari ST version and when ask me "disk 5" it freezed.
I explained above that the Disk 5 on Atari ST has a hidden copy protection.

It triggers most probably when you're at the end of the game.
Old 09 April 2024, 18:46   #30
kremiso

i didn't know the standard 3 disks version was also problematic to complete

i was just reading into the World of Longplays video infos, that has been modified to show the ending :

[ Show youtube player ]

this cut :

Only REAL problem I had was I couldn't kill the devil. I kept being dragged into the sacrificial fire by the cultists. I typed the supposedly correct thing (had plenty of time to finish whatever I wanted to type), and many other combinations, like "throw bottle at devil", "hit devil with bottle", "pour water on devil", "pour bottle on devil", all those with the bottle corked and uncorked. I tried putting the tear in the bottle as the very last thing I did before entering the sacrificial room in case it goes bad over time. I tried having the crucifix in the main inventory when reading the prayers book, and when using it on the devil. I tried so many other things. Nothing worked. I then tried to get the ending by locating the ending files and replace them with the intro or other early content, but never got it to work. There's a Let's Play of someone playing the PC version who got stuck on the same place, but later sort of showed the ending (just a picture) and said that's pretty much all there is to the ending. I then checked Hall of Light (Amiga game database), saw they had screenshots from throughout the game, last 2 being the ending texts, so I assume there is nothing else at the end, so simply added those screenshots to the end of this video. Probably no music during them if I would have gotten the ending to work anyway.
Old 09 April 2024, 19:52   #31
demoniac

^ The video description doesn't state what version they were using. How did you figure out they used the 3-disk version?
Old 09 April 2024, 20:57   #32
kremiso

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoniac View Post
^ The video description doesn't state what version they were using. How did you figure out they used the 3-disk version?
you are right, its just my assumption, being the 5 disks so rare

i think there are some steps that need to be clarified on Amiga too, reading other users reporting the same wrong ending

wondering if it can be a bad crack case or some kind of bug in the original too
the better way could be an ipf longplay attempt

the guy that did this DOS longplay video :

[ Show youtube player ]

added this note in the comment :

IMPORTANT: To get the holy water you must "put tears in bottle" NOT "fill bottle with tears". If you do the latter the game will treat the bottle as being filled with regular water and you won't be able to kill the devil. I assume this a glitch.

Also you can put tears in the bottle even when it's corked, as demonstrated in the video.
Old 09 April 2024, 22:14   #33
demoniac

Thanks for the clarification. This game is on my list to beat. I vaguely remember that it was the 5-disk version when I first saw it. I need to check the BBS logs from back then to verify.
Old 10 April 2024, 09:10   #34
kremiso

i think i'll do an ST attempt in future, being so similar and no musics ingame

this gog thread is also about the final part issue, in the last post a guy wrote that he also reached using the 'PUT TEARS IN BOTTLE' in the previous part, and that is working both on PC and Amiga :

https://www.gog.com/forum/personal_n...plete_the_game