English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 18 March 2007, 00:43   #41
frikilokooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor
Hehe, not even intentional. As for testicle.000 and .001, I would never try to replace them with Spanish ones, but then I don't know about English ones either
I have replace testicles 000 and 001 for Spanish ones and work very well ,just like Antonio Banderas
Old 18 March 2007, 13:11   #42
DamienD
Banned

Glad to hear that it's working very well
Old 18 March 2007, 13:36   #43
pbareges

Quote:
Originally Posted by frikilokooo
Is the game only in English or there are more languages?,I would like in spanish.
the only problem with this scumm early version is that it cannot go through code protection scheme with many of the available versions...the english cd-rom version is the only version i checked that is working..( i tried most of the french and english versions...but you can check spanish versions by yourself by just replacing tentacle.000 and tentacle.001 as explained earlier)...maybe i was not able to put my hands on the real original french cd-rom version...
to make it work in french i used a tool called scummtr that exports/imports the text of the game in/from and ascii file...i exported french language version of text and imported it in english cd-rom version...i had to ensure that every line was matching (through a good text editor, a couple of hours), replace all special french caracters with regular ones (english engine does not support them)...but still i have a few issues : when constructing a n action sentance (use x with y) it does not appear on the screen, and there's one place in the game where it freezes so you have to press escape.
Old 18 March 2007, 13:37   #44
pbareges

Quote:
Originally Posted by frikilokooo
I have replace testicles 000 and 001 for Spanish ones and work very well ,just like Antonio Banderas
are you going through the protection code?
Old 18 March 2007, 14:11   #45
frikilokooo

I think that yes because I have seen full intro and I have played a little and I have not seen protection and is in perfect spanish
Old 18 March 2007, 16:15   #46
pbareges

code protection is within the game when you find the plans for the battery and need the right proportions
Old 18 March 2007, 20:55   #47
frikilokooo

You're right,I didn't remember,I have still not verified it,sorry.

I remember that in the PC version I used a page with the solutions,this doesn't suppose a problem I think.
Old 18 March 2007, 23:24   #48
tteich

@pbareges:

Hope you're doing well

What do you think, could either the original thread (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=26643) or this one be made sticky or moved into the fan projects area so that it won't be lost and our fellow EAB users can find the game.

Regarding languages: if it's only a matter of replacing binary files, couldn't they be added to the package (with some sort of setup program). I remember I have DOTT in german somewhere on my older HDDs, but this is the PC version. I might try them with the game when I find some time.
Old 18 March 2007, 23:45   #49
pbareges

Quote:
Originally Posted by tteich
@pbareges:

Hope you're doing well

What do you think, could either the original thread (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=26643) or this one be made sticky or moved into the fan projects area so that it won't be lost and our fellow EAB users can find the game.

Regarding languages: if it's only a matter of replacing binary files, couldn't they be added to the package (with some sort of setup program). I remember I have DOTT in german somewhere on my older HDDs, but this is the PC version. I might try them with the game when I find some time.
hope you're doing as well as me! totally agree with your first point...about the language files, i also agree but once again the protection issue must be tested for any version to be included...if you find a french version working i'm really interested!!
Old 18 March 2007, 23:59   #50
tteich

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbareges
hope you're doing as well as me!
sure. but I was having a lot of trouble during the last months so did not find the time for hobbies.

Quote:
totally agree with your first point...
could you ask the mods if they have an idea where to put the link to the project side.

Quote:
about the language files, i also agree but once again the protection issue must be tested for any version to be included...if you find a french version working i'm really interested!!
Let's see. It's difficult as I collected only german and english games over the years. but we'll see. I have to scan my lost treasures
Old 19 March 2007, 00:28   #51
pbareges

for the mods out there : would you agree to include this thread and the thread refering to the website in the project.Amiga Game Factory category? thanks in advance.