English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 03 November 2005, 17:33   #41
foody

Hello

What is going on? Is the project dead? Did you guys give up already before starting? I am no longer seeing the work you wanted to show us, nor any update about your life situation and time, nor am I hearing any news about even starting work on the Engine. See what I mean by implying that this is a great test to see if we really can accomplish a project and not just talk. I need to know where the road is headed, you don't have time and family situation is taking over you or whatever reason where you cannot do it, then tell us right away so I can take over the project and use what ever language I know off. Thanks in advance.
Old 04 November 2005, 00:04   #42
BippyM
Global Moderator

why not have a go your way anyhow and let Galahad do his..

This would show a couple of differences.. Programming style, difference in languages, little quirks you both put in etc...
Old 04 November 2005, 00:39   #43
foody

I think it is not a bad idea, after all it is my project after all :S. I am going to start working on creating the sprites 16 X 16 board and start working with it.
Old 04 November 2005, 09:46   #44
Marcuz

err i was waiting to see Galahad stuff as requested. meanwhile i'm dying of a bad cold, i'm late with the work that i have to complete the soonest. in a ten days i'll be able to give more time here.
Old 04 November 2005, 13:31   #45
foody

I know. He delayed us all no matter what the reason is, so instead I will go ahead with the ENGINE development only, get that working then I will be asking you for HIGH quality 16 X 16 board sprites to be replaced with my dummy ones. After that I will do further enhancment with the Engine then we can work on the title better.
Old 07 November 2005, 02:13   #46
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal
Question: what copy protection are you guys going to use? I mean, this game HAS to be cracked with the proper intro added to it (never mind that it's free!), or it just won't feel right.
Dude thats hialrious and obviously a must!!!! somthing like a real cool SID tune *maybe roby-h Last V8* and the letters AGF smapsh onto the screen....

slowly apearing... Amiga Games Factory...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal
Seriously: I have been scouting around the net looking for Amiga/motorola ASM tutorials, or just basic amiga tutorials explaining how to use the Amiga specific hardware. I have been fairly succesful on the motorola part, but I don't have much amiga stuff yet.
Okay this is a REAL easy one... you need the Amiga Kernal Reference Manuals, you may find them on Aminet, or you may find them in our little co-mutiny

i cannot get to mine atm as there in hypertext form *amiga guide* and my miggys are down but i am sure some one here has kernal reference guides somewhere.... an absolute lovely source for the miggy...

includes io for chips, blits and all things ECS OCS and AGA )
Old 21 November 2005, 15:39   #47
Marcuz

just a quick notice, i have some free time again, some hours a week. i would start from redo the logo/splash if foody you say so, let me know.
Old 25 November 2005, 10:34   #48
DaphydTheBard
AGF [PC] Games Developer

Send a message via MSN to DaphydTheBard
Sorry to sound dumb but are you guys writing this game for the PC or for the Amiga?

If it's on the Amiga but you would like a PC port writing, then I humbly offer my services.

I already have a complete working graphics engine (as some of you know) so it wouldn't be too big a task methinks.

I've only skimmed through this thread for the moment as I'm busy at work - but as I'm the newest member here, thought I'd better offer to help with something!

Old 27 November 2005, 22:17   #49
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Heys Daph,

welcome to AGF a pleasure have you here..

At the moment this thread deals with the one of the first two projects

which is:

Platform : Amiga
Type : Puzzle

I believe this project is under wrapping as far as coding goes, it does however require music and graphics and maybe some story based stuffs... bust to read through the thread and see where there upto.

I am sure that may even be a Windoze release, with your help it would be very easy to facilitate this quite quickly.

the other project (best check with marco not sure whoms co-ordinating it atm) requries a lot graphic work (needs a couple of artists as our dear marco is some what stretched wayyy to thin... bless)

I think musics, level designs and story finiting is required for it too but check with the co-ordinator...

What i think could be a good idea is a post for the next couple of game-types we can all attempt and throw open to polls on the forums (including other forums too) to see what kinda game would be good ....

now if only i could twist dpainters and loopos arms into joining us.. there much needed assets too.. (graphix).

Anyway... welcome to the Factory my friend, releax, kickback and familirize ones self with the peeps here and the projects thusfar.. perhaps even dabble in some non-code ie graphics or music...

Old 28 November 2005, 11:04   #50
DaphydTheBard
AGF [PC] Games Developer

Send a message via MSN to DaphydTheBard
I'm not too good at creating graphics from scratch, although I'm quite good at editing other peoples and making them look like something new

The ship you control in my asteroids game is a hack-and-paste job from several other ships from several MAME titles, which I was quite happy with.

I like to think I'm quite good at musak though.....I'll upload some of my stuff to the zone when I get a chance so you peeps can have a listen and see what you think.

It's funny - when I was younger, I was always trying to write music that was good enough to get released commercially, and everyone kept telling me my music sounded like it belonged in a computer game...LOL

Suppose I should have listened back then. Anyways, I'll post here when I've uploaded some stuff for you all to listen to.
Old 05 January 2006, 15:52   #51
foody

The game is released now you can get it at amigaworld.net at http://amigaworld.net/modules/news/a...p?storyid=2811 have fun alls.
Old 05 January 2006, 23:19   #52
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Well done froody
Old 23 June 2006, 02:43   #53
Ultron
Something

What? Galahad claiming he'd do something and then disapearing and enver doing it? I'm appaled... shocked... awed.... no!!
Old 23 June 2006, 10:50   #54
Marcuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultron
What? Galahad claiming he'd do something and then disapearing and enver doing it? I'm appaled... shocked... awed.... no!!
please let your Galahad debate out of here, he has done some work indeed for this game and has given his advice; while we were not able to contribute very much to foody project, there's no ill involved.
the game is released and so i close the thread. i let to global mods reopen it if they feel to.