English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 24 October 2005, 18:42   #81
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

Maybe Im wrong but I thought these projects were about Amiga fans making games for Amiga because they love Amiga.

I dont think money is even a consideration.
Old 24 October 2005, 19:03   #82
woody57

Eek Sorry to hear you expect a Commercial Reward Elwood

Your comments in thread sadden me ELWOOD

This is a community project....Done for the good of the community by UNPAID VOLANTEERS if your main driving interest is to be part of a games for other profit making platform team you joined the wrong project & the wrong BOARD.

All the other members are donating what time & skills they have because of their love of Amiga games & a desire to build up a team skill set to eventually produce something of platform "WOW" factor pride.

If you still wish to be of help in this project then be prepared to accept that it will be a collective team project & its parameters are unlikely to have any greater market than the exhisting Amiga user & WINuae devotee subscription .
Old 24 October 2005, 19:20   #83
foody

@Elwood

Earn money is never and will never be a factor here. If it is for money you will never see my face here or in any Amiga communiy I will be in Windows scene * shiver *. I am developing games for the classic Amiga because A) I JUST LOVE HER, I love Amiga and everything about it. B) Making sure the Amiga scene is live and kicking without the need of prophiting because to me this is for something I love. To be able to know there are games/applications developed for classic Amiga is not only heart lifting but gives you this fuzzy feeling that you had when you where a child with this computer and wether you know it or not, I don't spend a single dime on a PC game but I am willing to spend every single dime on an Amiga game, even though it is old, and made in 1992.

Wether you believe it or not, there are games still developed for C64/128.
Old 24 October 2005, 19:36   #84
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

If we wanted to make money, we wouldn't bother with Amiga, we'd all be writing PSP software.

For fun not money
Old 24 October 2005, 21:29   #85
Marcuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood
Don't tell me you can make momeny sending games for Spectrum.
well the last year some japan company obliged a coder to retire the download of and to destroy the copies of a game he did and offered free on internet, a clone of guru logic champ for msx, if i remember correctly; the company has the rights on the commercial game for GBA; they thought evidently it was a concurrent!

however, realistically, i would have offered my time and work to the creation of a game running on windows or even a NASA computer, if: 1) i was not a fan of Amiga, my first computer, and of that way of using/playing/thinking computers; if i ever had an atari, a CM64 or else, probably i would have thought of those. 2) i did not was a member of this particulary community and i did not know more or less, as much as it goes on internet for some, even more for others, the members here. 3) i did not thought that the almost totality of games since amiga are more flawed, even when, sometime, are better in parts, of the amiga games, eith few exceptions; the main flaw a poor design.

as for the money, well thanks [?] god i'm a poorly concentrated person, so i use all the excuses i can for have a break, and play fake-football in the lawn or else, so maybe i cut a couple of hours from the total sum a day, but as it is, i work about 12 hours a day, either on the drawing table or in part time jobs all the week days, so, no, this is just for fun to me.
Old 24 October 2005, 22:27   #86
BippyM
Global Moderator

And another can of worms is opened

It's about the love of a machine not the wealth it may or may not bring!
Old 24 October 2005, 22:31   #87
Marcuz

not necessarily, i hope not. elwood, you are welcome in giving your opinion to amiga games we are working on, i hope that the fact it is on this old machine does not pull you not to
Old 25 October 2005, 09:22   #88
Elwood

Ok, ok, no problem. You are free to have fun. I have no problem at all with that.
I just didn't understand this is what you wanted to achieve. Now this is clear.

And to Dastardly and Woody57: "because they love Amiga."
Be sure I love the Amiga. That's why I spend a lot of time to make OS4 a reality. :-)
I don't expect a financial reward. I just would like to help the Amiga 8 hours a day and not only one hour each night and this is the only way I know to achieve this: to make a job of it.

So you are free to do it on your spare time. I just doubt you'll make it. Not because I don't trust you but just because I know how it goes. Especially if some of you have a family and children. But you are free to show me I'm wrong and I wish you all the best.

I'll keep watching here from time to time and be sure I'll comment if I see something that may be done wrong.

bye

Old 25 October 2005, 13:02   #89
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
So you are free to do it on your spare time. I just doubt you'll make it. Not because I don't trust you but just because I know how it goes. Especially if some of you have a family and children. But you are free to show me I'm wrong and I wish you all the best.

bye
Positiveness that's ehat I like to see
Old 25 October 2005, 15:24   #90
Graham Humphrey

Quote:
I would answer "yes". In fact, the question is : what is the goal?
- to have fun once with this project and when you'll have a job (other priorities) you won't be able to have fun on another project
- to earn some money and turn this into a professional job and thus, being able to do another project after the first one. And have fun again and again, doing projects.

Don't tell me you can make momeny sending games for Spectrum.
Have you ever heard of www.cronosoft.co.uk? They sell games, with actual packaging, for old computers. It IS possible to make money out of it, albeit very little, as games are sold for £2.99. The whole point really is to have games easily available, on original formats, to be enjoyed both by the people who play them and those who help make them. I'm actually going to have a game I wrote months ago published by Cronosoft at some point, I won't make much money at all, but I don't care frankly. It took me 6 months to write in my spare time, and I'd love to see it in a box with cool artwork, and of course hopefully people will enjoy playing it! (fingers crossed anyway)

Programming drives me mad sometimes, but at the end of the day, I wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy it. The same goes for everyone who is involved in this project, no matter what they do, and I have total respect for everyone who gives up their time to help out. The same goes for Spectrum, C64 etc. programmers and designers as well.
Old 25 October 2005, 16:10   #91
foody

Pitty the selection is very limited with horrible website design and no screenshots of the games you are about to buy. No, no, they should hire me for 4 hours and I will change their website to something better.
Old 25 October 2005, 16:12   #92
Graham Humphrey

Apparently they are actually getting a new site designed.... it's gone a bit quiet for about a month now though.
Old 30 October 2005, 15:06   #93
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

looks interesting to me ...

just reading the box of this NEW amiga game i got...

brought to you by The Amiga Game Factory....

I like it....

its got a ring to it.
Old 03 November 2005, 19:31   #94
treblesix

Music

So what gendre of music are we looking at, so I can play around with some ideas......

hmmm,, how can I have zero posts ?? stupid board!

Old 04 November 2005, 00:02   #95
BippyM
Global Moderator

you have 0 posts becasue you are signed into a "private" area of the forum so all posts in here wont count!

Post in a normal public part of the forum and it'll work just fine ;D
Old 13 November 2005, 12:19   #96
treblesix

lol

OK

Old 13 November 2005, 19:58   #97
Marcuz

treblesix, the currently goin' on project are Wuzzi and Annihilation; Annihilation in particular needs more music / sudio work, but for that part of the game, Graham is the cohordinator, so please address him directly; he is on line two times per week.

for all the rest, i've still a week-time of ugly work (and illustrations, Woody i have not forgotten!) keeping me away from this project and still we have to finish Wuzzi before to go on with something new.
on this subject, i would like still to see the demo of the splash screen, Galahad
Old 14 November 2005, 03:16   #98
BippyM
Global Moderator

Lets do Repton Yay!