English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 17 October 2005, 20:13   #41
Marcuz

i ask you two things:
1)to start tell what's your disponibility for an irc channel session, over http://irc.abime.net/
2)to wait for the tech time needed to RCK to open us a private channel to discuss the genre, as we need some order to that.
Old 17 October 2005, 20:16   #42
BippyM
Global Moderator

Private chan as in limited access or private chan as in anyone can join to discuss?

For the second I'll create a chan for you!

Join chan #gamedev irc.abime.net

Have fun.
Old 17 October 2005, 20:25   #43
Marcuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym
Private chan as in limited access or private chan as in anyone can join to discuss?

For the second I'll create a chan for you!

Join chan #gamedev irc.abime.net

Have fun.
i asked RCK for a private channel as in hidden in the board, last week; he agreed;
thanks for the chan in irc
Old 17 October 2005, 20:40   #44
foody

So you are saying I should visit this form everyday for updates? And here I will get information in how to reach the channel or things concern me about this project?
Old 17 October 2005, 21:53   #45
Marcuz

yep, the forum we'll be up in a couple of days (hopefully) but i'll keep contact also by mails; there will be also the workflow you asked for, i agree on that, with open documentation to all the people committed (a lot of work i see come falling on me )
Old 17 October 2005, 23:37   #46
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

*/me has tingly coding fingers*.

I completely agree with foody, we totaly will need a plug-in style of code but we can work on that later my friend foody, i am happy to work what ever style you want i have been cOOoOooDiinniing for many years i can adapt to any style.

I agree in a lot things you say about a coding a tool kit for construction of the game, my only fear is we spend too long coding the tool kit than the game that its suposed to assist us with..

*imma getting all goose bumpy... coding in C again on the amiga.... ahhhhh those heady days... hmmm i better stock up on coffee!!!!!!!!!!!! *

awsome!!!!

if dearest Marco can experss a time in GMT and a place on IRC i am there

*gotta good feeling about this.*
Old 17 October 2005, 23:58   #47
foody

But think Zerto, if it takes 4 month to create the game and 4 month to create the editor, in the end the editor would make creating the game in less than a month, but in the end of this 5 month you have hit two programs in one shot. People who love to create our type of game would be able to now because the tool is created first. I would say we should do the editor first, that is the smartest move ever.
Old 18 October 2005, 00:23   #48
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

well when the genere and game outline is finalised i will be honoured to code it with you my friend

Last edited by Zetr0; 18 October 2005 at 00:31.
Old 18 October 2005, 00:59   #49
BippyM
Global Moderator

Guys I'll say this again.. you are aiming too high.. do something simple and then work your way up.. get a team together that is dedicated and not going to end up drp=opping like flies due to the inital excitement wearing off
Old 18 October 2005, 03:29   #50
foody

That is simple then, help me finish my project first that is aiming extremly low. My game is a simple board game that is similar to tic tac toe but requires to form 8 lines in a row either horizontally or vertically and my game too is an intensive AGA. What do you guys doing this?
Old 18 October 2005, 12:19   #51
Marcuz

i support foody' game; my suggestion is to prepare a list of exactly the graphics you need, the specs and the general look and feel of the game.
Old 18 October 2005, 12:52   #52
woody57

If Foody can draw up a simple "FLOWCHART" of his progress so far & create seperate lines for graphics,music,stage testing & final production version, then the work is a lot eaiser to target , divide and progress

This way NO ONE duplicates anothers efforts and its eazy to display progress on a weekly/monthly basis, as giving progress by GROSS percantages doesn't help anyone to know what areas need working on
Old 18 October 2005, 16:18   #53
foody

Game Objective:

I will tell what the game is about first so you get the general idea of what to expect. The game is composed of a board with two players (no AI is included), this makes game development even easier. The mission of the game is to defeat the other by getting the most winning point. The amounts of rounds are determined by the setting configured in the Option menu in the title screen.

What have been done?

Title is not complete, needs revising and needs to change the way it looks, but the code behind it is complete and can be easily changed to meet the new setting.

What needs to be done?

Game engine needs to be done, we need to revise the credit (least important thing), and we need to add the Option menu. The title has to be revised to look like a Commodore Amiga game and not something made out of PowerPoint presentation.

What we need to make it happen?

We need is a 32 X 32 single sprite that composes the board which would have dimensional size of 8 X 8 (64 pieces) and that looks like it is made out of an elegant wood. It has to look like 3D and by the 3D I mean not flat nor 3D like Doom 3 3D, but it has a frame look and not flat square. The player sprite is composed of blue elegant square; the second player is composed of red elegant square. The background has to look artistic and change the way it looks each time a new game is played or a new round is played, sometimes it looks wave, other time bubbles, and so forth. (Again this is the least of importance we need to get the core of the engine first, where it can be playable).

In terms of sound, the game doesn’t have sound so that is not very important now, in terms of music, we need title music, in game music and winning music. That is it. I am going to put down the tasks and if you can handle them type your name underneath it. But only right it down if you know you can handle it. (REMEMBER: GAME IS 100% AGA, IF POSSIBLE HAM8. Oh in terms of video type it is PAL/NTSC)

Programmer:
Fahed Al Daye

Title:

Sprite:

Music:
Old 19 October 2005, 01:46   #54
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

heys froody, 32x32 pixels in iff24 be good enough ? want them raytraced - rendered ? if ya can scribble some gfx ideas of what ya want i can see what i can do for you
Old 19 October 2005, 16:56   #55
foody

Simple really, we take the letter O to represent the frame and char \ represents the internal of the
sprite
OOOOOOOOOOO
O\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\O
O\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\O
O\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\O
O\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\O
OOOOOOOOOOO
Now \ will have the elegant wood look of it. Same applies for the players but instead of the elegant color of a wood, it would be an elegant wood but one is colored blue the other is colored red. I don't know exactly how the wood looks like nor the color of the board, so couple of samples for it would be nice to determine exactly how it is done.
We haven't decided yet even at the type of programming language, we should decide on that first and
become official and comfortable with it before we do any further step. With honesy I am comfortable
with any language you can throw me except assembly language. I have some suggestions I can throw your way:
1) PureBasic @ http://www.purebasic.com <- Highly recommended, suited for games much more than any and very easy to use
2) C++/C @ Also recommended but suggest 1 as a choice due to the fact while it is the most powerful language in the world it is also long and difficult to use if one is not comfortable with coding
3) BlitzBasic I would only advice it if all are more perferring blitzbasic, old language though and while suited for games it have some limitations
4) Others

---------------------------
Don't forget the reason why we came here because of the first project we applied for, so to see if we can handle work till the end my project is designed as a test. So I suggest we finish my project fast and good to see if we really can handle working until the job is done. Ones my project is finished which should take no longer than 2 weeks really if we put good work and time on it, we return back to the main post and prooved ourselves we can finish a job and not some talk and start working on the main project. I am not the one here to take over someone else's project especiall when that person's project is way better than mine.
Old 19 October 2005, 17:37   #56
BippyM
Global Moderator

Here is a simple pipemania clone I started in 1994.

I'm gonna finish this one day (Promise ) but for now oggle at the fantastic gfx

Actually I've been talking to someone about resuming this project, it wont be for a looong while but I'll get to it, so I'll be looking for some help

Don't get too excited tho as most ppl prolly wont play it and it's just something I started that I'd like to finish someday!

Old 19 October 2005, 17:49   #57
Marcuz

i will be able to do some try at foody' game this weekend
Old 19 October 2005, 21:45   #58
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Have we got any archives of graphics or music at all yet?
Old 19 October 2005, 22:02   #59
foody

No. No.

I would like to point to everyone now that music, graphics are not main concern. With honesty if you read what I wrote it will be all the explination you need. I need a well structured team, a team that ones this is complete go easily with it's well structured structure move to the next project and so on. Can this be done, if no well structure occures then all of this right now is a joke.
Old 19 October 2005, 22:07   #60
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT
Have we got any archives of graphics or music at all yet?
Why are you gonna volunteer your superb ASM services?