Long time member

Xbox Power has a virus.

Just to let you know...

Went to xbox power via vg-network.com and
my virus killer says that some of the files on that site
have the

VBS/Haptime.a@MM virus

on them.

Dont go there if you are not protected!!

(Ive emailed both xbox power and vg-network about it)
Old 18 October 2001, 10:22   #2
RetroMan

:laugh I told you before that the XBox has a Virus, well it´s still in beta testing so they perform tests on a website :laugh
Old 18 October 2001, 16:13   #3
MethodGit

Unbelieveable. So I suppose the X-Box magazines will be bugged next... :laugh
Old 19 October 2001, 15:16   #4
Big-Byte
Long time member

Ha ha Im famous!!!

Got a mention in the news posts at vg-network thanking me for my virus spotting.

btw dont go to xbox power as I have just visited there again today and the owner still has not got rid of the virus (even though he swears he has in the forumn's and says anyone who disagrees is a liar.)

Anyone actually going to buy an xbox when they come out?
I think it would be good for playing mame on the telly.
Old 19 October 2001, 15:53   #5
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Question

Personally I still remain wary of the X-box. On paper, it seems like a powerful machine, & it'll have support as already demonstrated.

For all their promises, why do I fear it to be the first games console to feature software "patches"/updates for their games?

However, note why MS have decided to enter the home console gaming market-it's about OS's, & the lack of sales they wouldn't be making for broadband,internet capable machines like PSX 2.

I'm not saying the hardware isn't good, but I remain concerned..
Old 24 October 2001, 02:04   #6
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
I just read this in a German computer magazine: the built-in USB ports of the Xbox are apparently INCOMPATIBLE with the standard USB ports, so probably only M$ equipment will work with them.
That's M$ alive: always invent a new "standard" and everybody who want's to keep to the *actual* ( = "old") standards has to haul down his flag, standing before M$'s iron gates (pun ), unable to get inside the fortress and thus unable to sweep "King" Gates off his throne once and for all.
Old 24 October 2001, 09:22   #7
LaundroMat

Roll eyes (sarcastic) Ack!

MS reinforces its reputation....
Old 24 October 2001, 10:05   #8
RetroMan

As far as I´m concerned, I really don´t mind if the XBox is a powerfull machine or what kinda cpu is inside or something like that, I will NEVER buy it ! But I´m a bit worried that M$ wants to split the gaming scene by producing action titles exclusively for the XBox and strategy titles only for PC .... I really HOPE M$ is not going to achive this goal ....... GAMERS UNITED ANTI M$ NETWORK (G.U.A.M.N.) !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 24 October 2001, 11:24   #9
LaundroMat

I don't mind either, but one thing I do not want to see is the same kind of monopoly on the console market as on the PC market.

That's the single reason why I detest MS: their blatant, über-obvious and really dirty attempts at world-domination, without having something actually revolutionary to show us.

Oh, and I think their PR people should be hanged as well, for the crime of gross public desinformation.
Old 24 October 2001, 14:02   #10
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Stick out tongue

LaundroMat-hmm, how does that old saying go? The "winners" are the ones whom usually (re)write history!!

That said-when Bill Gates was crapping on years ago about needing a minimum 4meg Ram, blah blah to multitask at Press conferences for Win 95, I'd secretly wished some Amiga fan would parachute in with an A500/600 hook it up to a TV play a mod, do a few other things show his 1meg off & tell Bill Gates to shove his Windoze!!