English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 26 February 2005, 17:49   #1
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Yes! time for some retro-development.

When I got my Amiga, I was seven years old so I didn't even know what "programming" was. Today I can develop applications in Assembler / C / C++ and Java for th PC, but there is still a little bit of history that I have missed out on... developing for the Amiga.

So I went onto the Dutch version of E-Bay (marktplaats.nl) to see what kind of Amiga's people were offering there (quite a lot actually), when my eye spotted someone selling off a whole series of Amiga development books (Amiga Hardware Reference Guide / Amiga Rom Kernel Reference - Devices / Amiga Rom Kernel Reference - Libraries / Amiga Rom Kernel Reference - Autodocs & Includes) and I got the entire original SAS/C 6 development suite with it as well - still in the box.

They guy accepted my offer and I just picked them up Still in a pretty good condition. He also had a heavily upgraded Amiga 4000 for sale... I'm still thinking about that one.

Guess I have some reading up to do now.
Old 26 February 2005, 17:59   #2
kriz

And remember, you can start developing in WinUAE and move from that to the 4000 or whatever
Old 28 February 2005, 10:18   #3
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I was going to do exactly that Luckely the SAS/C was downloadable from planetemu.