English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 05 September 2022, 00:38   #1
Fiery Phoenix

Crash Garrett - Can't be Completed?

I always liked this game and wanted to complete it - however no English longplay available on YouTube as the following solutions states the Amiga version bugged and cannot be completed:

https://solutionarchive.com/file/id,3409/

However on the solution (note 2) it states this is where the Amiga version messes up as you can't take the picture off the wall to reveal the safe. However by typing in "Remove Picture" works and the safe is unveiled, but it won't accept the code that I type in! Grrrrrr

Is there a workaround? Has anyone done it? Can it be fixed? Or just a game breaking bug?

Last edited by Fiery Phoenix; 05 September 2022 at 14:38.
Old 23 July 2023, 16:22   #2
Hanzu
Repairer-Preserver-Gamer

I suggest reading mk1 (username) comment on https://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=1387

To make it short:
It looks like translation from french to english created (more) bugs. So I would try loading english version save game in french version to pass buggy parts then save again and return to english version.

Worth checking too if WHDLoad version works better: http://www.whdload.de/games/CrashGarrett.html
Quote from StingRay:
" It had a few problems, there were quite a few CPU dependent timing loops (most probably the original game was coded on Atari ST and then ported to the Amiga) which made the game unplayable on anything else than a plain 68000 Amiga."

So if playing floppy version even the french one, expect best results on real A500-A2000 or A1000 with 512k and KS 1.2 or 1.3 and I would not trust on emulators with such timing fragile game.
Old 23 July 2023, 22:53   #3
Fiery Phoenix

Cheers for the reply - I forgot about this post

Always liked this game, intrigued me a lot, I liked the time frame and the old serial B movie atmosphere

May give the WHDLoad version a try