English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.aGTW

Old 03 October 2001, 17:33   #1
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Question Abandoned Amiga games/projects

Following on my thread about games from other systems you wished would've been converted, the a couple of comments inspired this thread...

Games that you might've recalled seeing/hearing about being converted but were abandoned or whatever. Maybe even one's where people had seen early demo's or pre-prod versions etc.

In a similar vein, maybe there was some sort of 'Miggy technology hardware that could've been a big breakthrough, but never saw light of day??

On the gaming front, I seem to recall a title called Ramrod that was by Gremlin that never saw light of day, & I think I recall a CU Amiga doing a preview of Snow Bros being converted to the Amiga by Ocean,but again never emerged, anyone else??
Old 03 October 2001, 17:38   #2
Drake1009

I'm still not familiar with that game (I really should find the demo) but I'd think this is just the place to mention putty squad.

That name's been tossed around this forum a lot.

I would really have liked to see a version of Extractors on the Amiga.
Old 03 October 2001, 17:39   #3
Ian
Global Moderator

I remeber shortly before the PSX was released someone from Commodore (Dave Pleasants maybe) was bragging about the upcoming replacement for the CD32 and a computer using the same hardware to replace the A1200 in a magazine (CD32 Gamer I think). Apparently it was twice as powerful as the PSX.

Anyway 6 months later, nothing further was heard about this mythical new Amiga, so I sold my dang CD32 and bought a PSX, the rest is history
Old 03 October 2001, 18:46   #4
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Well, i thik this is a great thread subject, 7 zark 7
Ok, being the big flight sim nut here, I do recall that Aces of the Pacific , published for the PC by Dynamix, was to be released for the Amiga. Here is a link to the Legacy:

http://www.thelegacy.de/Museum/game.php3?game_id=3593

And also, there is a flight sim that made it to the Atari St, by Gremlin, that I can almost honestly never made it to the Amiga, "Night Raider" or "Dive Bomber" as it was released here in the US for the aforementioned computer. Circa 1988-89.
Old 03 October 2001, 19:53   #5
Amiga1992

I think Mighty MAx for the A1200 was never released.

Skitchin from EA comes to mind, so does NBA Jam. Syndicate CD32 got canned, and so did .. err... dunno what else now :P
Old 03 October 2001, 20:13   #6
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Well, I would like to know what happened to:

Son Shu Si ( I think at least a preview exists )
Hostile Breed ( was reviewed in Power Play mag, inkl. screenshot )
Green 5 ( PD, Shareware Demo version is available at Mark's Amiga site )

I wonder if any of these ever was finished....?
Old 03 October 2001, 20:26   #7
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Hostile Breed was reviewed in Amiga Power and Amiga Format too, so I'm pretty sure it was finished. It's just very hard to find.
Old 03 October 2001, 20:52   #8
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Ok, another one, that was on my request list, is Sword of the Samurai. Yeah, that one never made it. Damn I feel better every day
Old 03 October 2001, 22:22   #9
Amigaboy

Skate Or Die - If Ski Or Die was converted, what reason did they have not to convert this one. I think it must be out there somewhere

Creatures 2 - This stupid Amiga Format thingy I keep seeing leads me to believe it was released

Old 04 October 2001, 00:46   #10
TikTok

There was also a racing game for the CD32 - Megarace IIRC. It was hyped as a Sega CD, PD-CDROM, everything else beating game, with raytraced graphics and such like, but I don't think it ever made it to the shelves
Old 04 October 2001, 08:43   #11
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Let's see - there was also

Rookies
Dick Special
The Bouncy Bat Game
Cyberspace
Hard Core
Malfunction
Twilight 2000
Dinoworlds
Flag
The Seventh Sword Of Mendor
Jack The Ripper
Battle Isle 2
Dennis And Gnasher
Dark Mission
Space Academy
G2
Mutant League Hockey
Evasive Action
King Of Thieves
Pussies Galore
Old 04 October 2001, 09:45   #12
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

No problem with Dick Special. I heard it sucked...

Old 04 October 2001, 10:05   #13
Amigaboy

I wish I had a scanner

Old 04 October 2001, 10:28   #14
dAbOTZ

Quote:
I wish I had a scanner
Me too... I have the whole collection of "The Games Machine" review (italian version), and there's a lot of unfinished projects through the years... someone reminds a game named "Dragon Slayer"? No, it's not a mistake, I really mean Dragon Slayer, not Dragon's Lair. There's a 3d first-person game around with that name, but it's not the one I'm talking about. It was a platform-game, could you remember?

Old 04 October 2001, 12:02   #15
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Thumbs down I remember one!

There was a game that looked really awesome that was being developed for the CD32 called The Lost Eden. It had dinosaurs in it and everything. It was also on the PC but never got released for the Amiga hence it's inclusion in this thread. It was a bit of a shame because it looked really great graphically.
Old 04 October 2001, 16:40   #16
Amigaboy

I remember a game that I was looking forward to for quite a while and then I found out it was never released

It's called Limbo of The Lost (check http://www.ifrance.com/ninjaw/cd32/_...ril/index.html for some pics). I know it looks shitty now

Look http://www.ifrance.com/ninjaw/cd32/Unreleased.html for a shitload of unreleased games (of course, the list is a little out of date as some were released)

Old 05 October 2001, 05:43   #17
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Metal Gear. Akira once showed me an ad with pics of the Amiga version of this game, but I never found it anywhere, I really doubt it was ever released

maybe it wasn't released for the same reason of Skate or Die (i.e. Konami's stupidity)

@Overdoc:
I have Green 5 here, and I don't think it's a demo....

@Dabotz

Dragon Slayer... there's a series of games with this name for MSX, Dragon Slayer 4 being a platform game. I can't be arsed to take screenshots now, could you tell me more about this game? I once saw an AD of the MSX-1 version of this game saying "This great game for Amiga and MSX-2 now in your MSX-1 !" .. I always thought this was shit, but now as you mentioned it..... I am not sure anymore
Old 05 October 2001, 11:03   #18
dAbOTZ

@Shatterhand

Though I've never seen a Dragon Slayer screenshot, I guess it is a Rastan-type game... fantasy environment, medieval weapons, and so on. Dunno nothing about the developer.

Old 05 October 2001, 14:55   #19
Tim Janssen

Arrow Ram Rod, Ten Sai & Son Shu Su

A true gem that has never seen the light of day is Ram Rod. This isometric 3D game has a hero, many Pepsi-coke machines and weird enemies. The game is programmed by Kevin Bulmer (of Terminator 2 fame(?)). Many screenshots were circulating in British magazines in the end of the eighties. The whole project was cancelled in 1991.

Another game which looked very promising in 1993 was Grandslam Video's Ten Sai. A platform game which took place after a third world war. It was a Mad Max style of game. I have even witnissed a very promising preview once. -Don't know what happened to it.

Overdoc, German magazine Amiga Joker has reviewed Son Shu Si in Summer 1992. This platform game was released by Loriciel along with No Buddies Land, another extremely difficult to find platform game. I have never found a copy of it, though.
Old 05 October 2001, 15:48   #20
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Question

Thought of another possible couple of titles..
1)Was that race car game that was being programmed by Stavros Fasolus,(Excuse the spelling)-of Sanxion, Galactic, Delta fame ever completed??

2) Delphine were working on a graphic adventure of The Godfather for U.S. Gold.

3)Fire & Ice for the CD32 was never published despite receiving a good review in The One magazine.

As for a hardware developments-did anyone ever see the would-be AAA chipsetted Amiga in action & what about the Mpeg add-on for the CD32??

Likewise was there ever any games on the CD32 that ever made use of that Akiko chip that supposedly would've allowed Magic Carpet etc. to be converted to the Amiga??