English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.aGTW

Old 21 September 2005, 21:33   #61
Coagulus
Gets there in the end...

I believe the sequel to Epic, Inferno was supposed to have an Amiga release - I remember either CU Amiga or Amiga Format doing a feature on it and TFX (which did eventually appear!). It had music by Pop Will Eat Itself I think. That never appeared.
Old 22 September 2005, 22:13   #62
CHook/OTT
Super Hang-On King

I seem to recall reading an interview in an Amiga mag many years ago with Geoff Crammond just after the release of Formula 1 Grand Prix where he mentioned a possible F1GP/Stunt Car Racer hybrid?

Shame this never happened
Old 23 September 2005, 07:38   #63
DeAdLy_cOoKiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coagulus
I believe the sequel to Epic, Inferno was supposed to have an Amiga release - I remember either CU Amiga or Amiga Format doing a feature on it and TFX (which did eventually appear!). It had music by Pop Will Eat Itself I think. That never appeared.
Music by Alien Sex Fiend (the PC version)

Inferno is one of the milestones in 3D games - TFX = flightsim, Inferno = Spacesim - both quality stuff. Pretty sad that you can hardly find information/screenshots of the game on internet. Digital Image Design did some great stuff and they deserve more recognition. The game still impresses me.

Ps. I hope Rockstar Games (GTA: San Andreas) will take a look at Inferno before releasing their next GTA.
Old 23 September 2005, 09:54   #64
LaundroMat

Sergei looked promising... (Last one on this list).
Old 23 September 2005, 20:52   #65
CHook/OTT
Super Hang-On King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAdLy_cOoKiE
Music by Alien Sex Fiend (the PC version)

Inferno is one of the milestones in 3D games - TFX = flightsim, Inferno = Spacesim - both quality stuff. Pretty sad that you can hardly find information/screenshots of the game on internet. Digital Image Design did some great stuff and they deserve more recognition. The game still impresses me.

Ps. I hope Rockstar Games (GTA: San Andreas) will take a look at Inferno before releasing their next GTA.
Loved Epic, Never seen Inferno on PC (Wasn't there a preview/demo on another CD32 title?)

Downloaded.....Thank you Underdogs Will see if i can get it running over the weekend and have a look
Old 24 September 2005, 07:37   #66
DeAdLy_cOoKiE

I don't think anything related to inferno was released on amiga. Those are games you need to play on PC anyways.
Old 24 September 2005, 08:19   #67
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

There was a rolling Inferno demo and mentions in magazines: http://hol.abime.net/4219/screenshot
Old 24 September 2005, 09:20   #68
DeAdLy_cOoKiE

Probably just the rendered intro/cutscenes. If there was a playable demo I'd know about it. I'm a sci-fi head, I was a fan of the game since I've first seen the screenshots. As far as I remember TFX/Inferno were being developed in the same time line (TFX got an earlier release tho).

They should have released it on Amiga just like they released TFX much later (on that CU coverdisk), which I still haven't played. TFX/Inferno are the best and most immersive sims I've played in my life. Only GTA:SA gives me the same feeling of immersion after all those years.

Anyways, if there IS a playable demo, I'd like to see it.

I still have the CD of inferno for PC somewhere. It won't run on XP (just like Fade 2 Black) but recently someone sent me a program that emulates ancient dos that might get it to work. If you like Epic, you'll like Inferno a hundred times better.
Old 29 September 2005, 09:32   #69
vroom6sri

Are there any "shelved" projects that have been taken down by the original (wonderful, noble, selfless) programers for completion now? Or does copyright come into it with whoever signed to release the game owning the rights?

Come to think of it, are there any active game developers for the Amiga still?