Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Only the guilty explain.
Old 21 September 2021, 20:45   #162
YouKnowWho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
Jeez. I understand the frustration, but all this because of one - let's face it - troll? Are there really "several raging threads" with "people" being upset? Bullying/cancelling? Come on.

Just stop replying to these baiting threads/posts and the problem will go away.
Exactly!

This thread is about getting RTG on A1200, not about how terrible the Terrible 1260 is, and how much I want someone to "give me" one for $360 USD or how I am entitled, how people are dicks, and want lifetime support - all things I absolutely did not say.

So awful of me to have considered wanting to support something in the community.

Just shame on me. Shame, shame, shame.
Old 21 September 2021, 20:52   #163
Chucky

"You don't know how to bring people in to support you, google it. Ask. There are storefronts that can make it easy for everyone. You, supporters, everyone."

you doesn't seem to get it: if a person cannot get arsed to search for stuff. there are no interest to get MORE of those demanding time-consuming persons.. if the T1260 can sell over 500 boards with absolutly NO marketing what-so-ever (or atleast a extremly small marketing) it is well enough.. I could w/o problem do a complete E-Commerce system where you could point-n-click order.. even with individual cvhoises of cpu, memsize etc.. but that would also mean MORE work for nothing. your posts here clearly shows why it is an issue..

you believe you are supporting a project with money. but money is just a small part of the deal.. yes. it DOES cost money to develope. but you can clearly read in your posts that you would also be a real time-cosumer. "YOU PAID 320 FOR IT" without thinking of how much of that went to parts, went to cover the time before ythere was a "product" and how much is needed to cover future fixes and improvements.. time you need to be from your family and fix stuff. time that you later maybe want to "make up" for. like going on a small family trip etc.. maybe this also costs..

but no. you PAID 320.. you are entitled...

exactly that is what you as a hobbyist NOT want to. you want to help, you want to support. but those "I PAID...:" is the pain in the butt you do not want to have.. questions and patiantly waiting for answers from anyone in a forum etc. THAT is the way.. not "I PAID..." nope.. and that you clearly shown is what you get if you do a storefront etc..

not everyone want costumers.. they want maybe USERS. a clear difference..
Old 21 September 2021, 21:07   #164
YouKnowWho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
By the way Chucky, 500 sold according to you @ $300 USD card only?
$150,000 USD total taken in of the 500 or so.

And only £500 spent out of pocket on this according to this little post?

Nice little racket you're running, even after expenses.

Makes one wonder why this Terrible guy would have such disdain for people wanting to give him the $300 at a time.
Old 21 September 2021, 21:08   #165
trixster
Guru Meditating

Don’t feed the troll
Old 21 September 2021, 21:10   #166
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
By the way Chucky, 500 sold according to you @ $300 USD card only?
$150,000 USD total taken in of the 500 or so.

And only £500 spent out of pocket on this according to this little post?

Nice little racket you're running, even after expenses.

Makes one wonder why this Terrible guy would have such disdain for people wanting to give him the $300 at a time.
$300 for a card. Parts cost is most of that, with a small amount for the builders time making the card. No one is making vast sums of money here.

Get a grip - you're making yourself look incredibly petty and foolish again. The sooner this thread gets locked/deleted the better.
Old 21 September 2021, 21:16   #167
YouKnowWho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolemon View Post
$300 for a card. Parts cost is most of that, with a small amount for the builders time making the card. No one is making vast sums of money here.

Get a grip - you're making yourself look incredibly petty and foolish again. The sooner this thread gets locked/deleted the better.
I'd like this thread to return to RTG on A1200 to be honest.

Yes, I'm petty and foolish because a long long time ago I wanted support the efforts of those making a 68060. Foolish indeed.
Old 21 September 2021, 21:19   #168
YouKnowWho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixster View Post
Don’t feed the troll
I think you did that when you provided TF1260 links to Amibay, where upon clicking register one is told "Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator."

How am I the bad guy for pointing out the nonsense?

How am I the bad guy for wanting to support Amiga community efforts via financial means to keep the efforts going and moving forward?

FASCINATING!
Old 21 September 2021, 21:20   #169
Chucky

WHERE is it written that only 500 is spent? it is EXTREMLY much more..
logic analyzers, oscillosopes. getting several 1200 machines to test on diffeent revisions, Mediator, PCI cards etc... and many many MANY hundreds of hours of work..

also. 500 boards out. not all have been for the same price.. there are actually boards GIVEN out. even with rev6 060s.. to people involved in the design.. etc..

also.. componentcosts.. time for us builders.. shipping. packing material. damn the list can be made large. you seem to think it is $10 in a board the rest goes into a bankaccount.. sorry no..

just the interest I have paid for the 060s I have sourced for years to be able to have cpus for a 060 card when it came out (like this) have been quite a bunch of money. (YEAH.. I paid them using my creditcard)

you sure shows you have no clue.at all..

even if this thread derailed from topic.. it is your threadyou started that also showed how little of clue you have...
Old 21 September 2021, 21:33   #170
Daedalus

Quote:
Yes, Low Voltage Differential - and I remember that fully from memory. I did not google that. I hope I remember this fully.
Well done. And I explained to you how it went to extreme lengths to get those speeds from a parallel cable.

Quote:
And if I remember right, you could have quite a bit of distance on the cable on these cards.
Yep, see my explanation.

Quote:
This is a very stupid question to ask. I believe I noted a few times that A1200 is not here yet. This is clearly noted on iComp website. Oh, and when I asked about ETA with my order, I got a reply that explained some very nice details I didn't even expect. No where does it say it is for sale like WARP1260 clearly does.
Where does it say the Warp1260 is for sale? This is the point: you keep talking about the A1200 Reloaded as being the way forward, but its availability is exactly the same as the Warp. And what's more, the final specs haven't been published and the board hasn't ever been demonstrated or found its way to public testers.

Quote:
That's basically been done, over and over and over again...has it not?
Yep, as I said.

Quote:
So you don't know
I know as much as has been published on it. If it was a standard bus like Zorro or PCI, that fact would have been front and centre, so it's obviously a proprietary connector. What more detail about it are you looking for, or do you need for your assessment?

Quote:
yet you can see clearly the A1200 Reloaded is via very low height X-Surf-100 Zorro card, which means this could be a Zorro slot solution onboard the Reloaded A1200 potentially.
You're making massive jumps again, based on a lack of knowledge. It's talking about the RapidRoad USB module for the X-Surf, not the X-Surf itself. The RapidRoad is a small board with a clockport connector and a proprietary header for connecting to the XSurf (which is a Zorro card). This is the connector that the A1200 Reloaded would have. Not a Zorro connector. Not a Zorro board.

Quote:
Maybe I will ask. I bet you I'll get a response.
It's a much better idea than taking wild guesses.

Quote:
It is true that the RTG solution is not defined on the iComp page. Could be because they aren't sure about it. Could be they want to leave a pleasant surprise. Just like that 32-bit IO subsystem the X-Surf-100, which is a Zorro card will apparently plug into. What's that all about really? Seem to me like this A1200 Reloaded will take a slim Zorro card.
I already said this wasn't the case in a previous post, but see above for where you're going wrong.

Quote:
Is there a way to plug that into this new motherboard and will iComp do more for it? Who knows?
See above.

Quote:
I actually faced this dumb hobby excuse a few times already.

To say it is dumb is insufficient I think.
To call it dumb is a very clear demonstration of your entitled attitude. Let's look at it the other way around: I expect you to tell me when I will be able to buy the results of your projects. When will they be ready? Why aren't you spending more time on them?

Quote:
If the excuse is that it is a hobby, then you are trying to deliver something through skill and time and someone wants to help you carry the expense of it by offering financial support because they may not have the skill or time to do what you are trying to deliver for the benefit of many.
What they need is time and parts. Not money. You thinking that trying to give them money for something they don't have the time to build for you (and no doubt you'd expect even more personal treatment in that case), is simply showing that you don't understand the issue here.

Quote:
If you don't need these support resources to share the financial load, good on you. Say so and let's all not waste time.
Why would you expect anyone to declare that? Do you need our support for your hobby? Do you need our support for your two amazing Amiga projects that you thing haven't been done before? Why haven't you made such declarations yet?

I don't need your support for my hobbies either. Just to be clear, in case you think I do for some bizarre reason.

Quote:
If you would appreciate recouping some of your investment of time and money, then take example from those who do it right. Look at all the kick-starters, or other efforts...NONE of them have ever had the dead silence of WARP1260.
You're not that familiar with Kickstarter projects, are you? For every success story, there are dozens that have failed, faded into obscurity, or simply stopped responding.

Quote:
I've noted this with a few on here who took that indefensible stance. It's as if they hold people who want to support them in contempt.
You're not supporting them by complaining about it in a public forum. That's not support. Making demands is not support.

Quote:
At that point I'm like...keep your precious hobby device to yourself. Nicely done. Enjoy. God bless. May it bring you endless joy.
And yet, here you are, unable to let it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcep2 View Post
Why would I pay someone to tell me how much for and when I can get their product?
Precisely. You're not owed anything in that case.

Quote:
It takes two hours of their time for an auto reply email to go out?
Nope, it takes two hours to answer emails by hand. If a generic email can answer the question, a quick scan of the various forums or interviews can answer the question. What do you really think an automated response could tell you?

Quote:
1. I have to send the unit back. I don't trust him to send me the money back......now why I would think that? At least I now have a box and a cable...
I thought you said it was a reputable seller? Sorry if I missed the sarcasm.

Quote:
2. The unit I sent him worked fine bar some small spots. I wanted him to apply the fix and put it in a nice box box with a proper amiga cable. The unit I got back inside the box isn't the same one I sent him.
Yeah, sounds pretty dodge alright, lending more weight to my initial thought that it's assembled by someone who doesn't really know or care what they're doing.

Quote:
3. Why not test before sending out?
Indeed, that's very poor form. People just wanting to make a quick buck on eBay will no doubt skip tedious quality control for the sake of saving a few hours and making a couple of refunds. Personally I wouldn't dream of doing any less than 100% inspection on things I build and sell.

Quote:
Look we'll agree to disagree, Not a single one of your arguments has convinced me that its the buyer whose being unreasonable here.
I'm not trying to convince you of anything, and with no product on sale there is no buyer involved. Just saying how it is.
Old 21 September 2021, 22:40   #171
trixster
Guru Meditating

Quote:
I think you did that when you provided TF1260 links to Amibay, where upon clicking register one is told "Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator."

How am I the bad guy for pointing out the nonsense?

How am I the bad guy for wanting to support Amiga community efforts via financial means to keep the efforts going and moving forward?

FASCINATING!
It's a conspiracy against you, clearly.

Amibay has 26000 registered members, 2500 are active and over 500 visited the site today. Not my problem if the place where several hundred people have bought a TF1260 trouble free is not accessible to you, take that up with many of the moderators who have accounts here on eab. Similarly not my problem if you dont use FB, a place where thousands of amiga enthusiasts share info and products trouble free and projects like TF accelerators have been available for months.

I have the distinct feeling you are the sort of person who goes out of their way to make things as difficult as possible for yourself and others and always look for someone else to blame.

Stupid thread is stupid, not wasting anymore time on the troll.
Old 21 September 2021, 23:34   #172
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

I've banned the troll YouKnowWho and locked this thread.